I'm thinking about possibly visiting Japan this summer, but i'm wondering if it's safe. Would appreciate any info.
I watch a ton of vlogs on a regular basis from people who live in Japan. I can give you a few suggestions if you're interested. The consensus is that everything is pretty fine other than the actual locations that need rebuilding. They're still experiencing aftershocks, but that's typical in places with high seismic activity. If you live someplace like west coast US or Iceland, then it's probably no different.
Dojemi10 VIPCommunity Manager
Take me with you~! *eyes*
I think Okinawa is the safest since the earthquake didn't hit there :O
just stay away from fukushima and you'll be fine. radiation is back down to normal levels
i'd come up with some kind of emergency plan B just in case something does go screwy while you're there, but that's a good idea for any trip overseas anyways.
if you go you should go see Blue Man Group and poke the skinny one for me :D
i'm hoping to join u too.
Hello!!

Japan is safe but not at night,for example people avoid to walk alone in parks at night because there are so many bad people in there like stalkers or killers.we hear every day in news so many news about it and its very scary,but other than that japan is very safe,in summer its very hot :) you should come at autumn or spring~
How was your trip?

Ive been watching many vlogs on YT, like OkanoTV, Abroad in Japan, Sharla in Japan, and a little bit of Texan in Tokyo 

Japan seems safer than wherever else you are in now!

I remember my uncle imploring me and Mom *not* to go to Japan in spring 2012 because of potential contamination. We went anyway and well, so far so good.

Our last visit was in October 2017. We saw this sign at the elevator in our hotel in Ikebukuro:

In Japan, it's always *something*...