I really want to try Samgyetang.

BTW This lady is so cute. I love watching her vids.
Galbijjim sounds delicious too.

I really want to try Bibimbap, Ddeokbokki, and red bean ice cream. So far, I have only eaten Korean Pancakes and Korean Barbecue made by my friend who is Korean for a class potluck.
christypop wrote: I really want to try Bibimbap and Ddeokbokki.

So far, I have only eaten Korean Pancakes and Korean Barbecue made by my friend who is Korean for a class potluck.

After watching the Greatest Love, I also want to try Bibimbap. It looks pretty good.
We have a Korean grocery store about 20 min down the road.. The lady in there is so sweet, she is always trying to get you to buy the "instant noodle" They sell Kimchi as well.. and of the two types I have tried Radish Kimchi is way better, I could probably sit and eat a whole gallon jar of it in one sitting.. The next one I want to try is called White Kimchi.. its made with apples.. interesting? I have also found that Sesame oil is awesome, especially when making my own "lo mein", which doesn't go with this thread.. or it could..
Watching Kimchi Family makes me salivate! I want to go to S. Korea so bad!
phoenixtearz9 wrote: We have a Korean grocery store about 20 min down the road.. The lady in there is so sweet, she is always trying to get you to buy the "instant noodle" They sell Kimchi as well.. and of the two types I have tried Radish Kimchi is way better, I could probably sit and eat a whole gallon jar of it in one sitting.. The next one I want to try is called White Kimchi.. its made with apples.. interesting? I have also found that Sesame oil is awesome, especially when making my own "lo mein", which doesn't go with this thread.. or it could..

Ooh I would like to try that. I actually haven't had the opportunity to try any type of kimchi yet.
Sleepninja wrote: Ooh I would like to try that. I actually haven't had the opportunity to try any type of kimchi yet.

kimchi is great! love love love it.. I would recommend the radish one... the regular type is a little strong.. not the heat, but the cabbage, takes a bit to get used too.. but the garlic is great...
phoenixtearz9 wrote: kimchi is great! love love love it.. I would recommend the radish one... the regular type is a little strong.. not the heat, but the cabbage, takes a bit to get used too.. but the garlic is great...

Ahh ok, our store sells "kimchi" in a jar. But it's Wal-Mart, so I'm afraid to try it and it be bad and have that ruin kimchi for me. I really need to venture out to one of our Asian Markets. But those are like at least an hour drive. =__=
Sleepninja wrote: Ahh ok, our store sells "kimchi" in a jar. But it's Wal-Mart, so I'm afraid to try it and it be bad and have that ruin kimchi for me. I really need to venture out to one of our Asian Markets. But those are like at least an hour drive. =__=

eeek thats a long drive.. in the city we have quite a few international stores/markets and they sell just about anything you could want to try.. but the one I go to for the most part now is the Korean one, its small/cozy but it has great prices and selection... the kimchi they sell is out of a jar too, but for it to not be a restaurant its good stuff.. one day I will learn how to make the stuff.. And I have seen the stuff sold at Wal-Mart, no way no how would I try that stuff.. I though about it once and said nope..
phoenixtearz9 wrote: eeek thats a long drive.. in the city we have quite a few international stores/markets and they sell just about anything you could want to try.. but the one I go to for the most part now is the Korean one, its small/cozy but it has great prices and selection... the kimchi they sell is out of a jar too, but for it to not be a restaurant its good stuff.. one day I will learn how to make the stuff.. And I have seen the stuff sold at Wal-Mart, no way no how would I try that stuff.. I though about it once and said nope..

Haha My thoughts exactly. I'm gonna try and make a trip out their with some friends too, and on my list will definitely be kimchi. I'll try and get a couple of varieties. If I find it's to my liking (it looks deliciouis when I see in on shows and cooking channels) I might make trips when I can, or just learn to make it myself :D I already know a couple of sites that have Korean food recipes. Like Maangchi, she has a website and a YouTube channel.

Her site.

YouTube channel.
Couple or Trouble makes me want to try Jjajangmyun.

I found a recipe for it here

.....maybe I will make it someday.