odeng.. mostly seen when they buy street food
i tried kimchi and it´s soooooo delicious! i also have eaten mandoo soup and a Special korean noodlesoup and pulgogi. i want to try bibimpap, jajangmyun and kimbap next. :D i found a korean Restaurant in a City next to mine, where koreans live and they have a Restaurant and a shop in one and also there is a tv where they watch Dramas and i always watch with them too. :D it´s really fun, and meanwhile they really know me, since i´ve been there so many times!
KIMCHIIIIIIIIIIIII! My grandmother used to cook them. yummmm!
I went to the korean festival a couple of weeks ago and had bulgogi, mandu, kimchi, dakkochi, and rice wine. I wanted to try the soju instead, but the rest of my family wanted the rice wine so we went with that. I was really shocked that I loved the kimchi. But the best was the dakkochi that was served with fried rice, and it was some of the best rice I had ever had. XD The next dish I really want to try is bibimbap!
My homemade cucumber kimchi. Tastes good! *feeling proud* :)

Sikhye--a sweet rice drink--and smoked boiled eggs are fun to eat at jimjilbangs. :D
A Korean restaurant opened up in my city around the beginning of this year. Went there just to try it out and it was AMAZING. Apparently the woman behind the counter makes everything from scratch, too. I usually just get the mung bean pancake and tofu bulgogi (though I've had their bibimbap, japchae and kimbap as well). *scratches head* I've actually gone there so much that I'm on a first name basis with them. Recently I've been poking around online for recipes.
quackmoo wrote: On a hot day if you pour ice cold water over your rice and eat it with kimchi its SO. GOOD.

I always loved doing that as a kid. I still like to do that...and people outside of my family see me as crazy.

As for the black bean noodle question asked by midwest... I can't really explain the taste. But I've tried different restaurants and it's NOT always good. Some places, it comes out bland. If you find a really good place though, it's very addicting.
I like trying new things. From my anime addiction I picked up some stuff I now make regularly during the year (things like sushi and okonomiyaki). In my mothercountry we have a city with a 'chinatown' (street) not far from where I lived. I tried a lot of different Asian foods there, but mostly with Chinese origin. Strange foods and veggies, and weird candy :D. Loved the steamed buns with sesame fillings. Now the closest Asian shop is one from Cambodia. They have some Korean stuff too, like ramyun (and also ramyun kimchi), but it is very limited. Liked the Cambodian curry's though (they have some take-away). We have some Chinese restaurants, but they serve more chinese-european fusion foods. I don't eat meat, so I'm a bit limited. But I might try kimbap. It is not a far throw from sushi I suppose. The only problem I have is that I don't know how some of these things are supposed to taste. Like sushi I tasted in various restaurants, but okonomiyaki I only tasted my own and a variant my mother made. I tastes great, but maybe it is not at all like how it is supposed to be, hahaha. So when I start on Korean food I really have no reference... The nearest Korean restaurant is more than a 2 hour drive... :P
i really want to try ddukboki.... it look so yummy and everyone tends to love it. Also, i want some soju to go with it!
Se-Kyung0209 wrote: i really want to try ddukboki.... it look so yummy and everyone tends to love it. Also, i want some soju to go with it!

I made at home. It's easy to make and tasted good
I haven't read through the whole thread, so I don't know if this was mentioned yet, but, you know how in the dramas they will go to a restaurant where they cook pork over the grill? It's called samgyeobsal 삼겹살 and you've got to try it! ^_^ I'm studying in South Korea right now and I've had samgyeobsal several times now. You cook the pork directly over a fire or on like a George Foreman type of grill, and then you can eat it plain, or dipped in red pepper sauce, or wrapped up in a piece of lettuce with grilled mushrooms, garlic, kimchi, etc! It's sooooo yummy. ^_^
Oddly enough, I still can't quite get myself to like the taste of kimchi, unless it's a very particular recipe. But some of my other favorite foods here are the bulgogi and the bibimbap (rice, usually lettuce, maybe bean sprouts, some kind of meat like tuna, often red pepper sauce, and other things mixed together. Like a salad, but better. ^_^ ) Ddokboki is amazing too, especially when mixed with ramen. :D
I am Korean. I'm very picky about kimchi as well. :P I like only certain types and usually I like it not ripe at all...or super ripe. Not in the middle. I think that goes for a lot of dishes though. Especially with Korean food, it depends on who makes it so I'd recommend trying different places. Although with samgyeopsal...you can't go wrong. I love the soups and jjigaes. Yukgaejang (spicy beef soup), tteok manduguk (rice cake dumpling soup) and galbitang (short rib beef soup) are pretty safe for first-timers. Oh...and if you get the chance...Korean fried chicken is really good. Seriously...addicting... You can get it dry but there is also a sauce version.
I love Korean food. There is a good Korean restaurant in my city. I was there several times. But very expensive :(