I was reading around the other day and found out that age is different in Korea,
in Korea you are actually older. Yes, that's right older. Now the question is if you
are older in Korea by 1 year or 2 years and this all depends on what year you
were born or if you were born at the end or beginning of a year rather than
any given other part of it. But to make it easy for you guys to reply I will also leave
a link to a great tool which also gives you information on how age in Korea works.

Korean Age Calculator

I am 25 but my Korean age is 27. What's yours? (✿◠‿◠)
Thanks for this thread. I was always curious what it is about the korean age. :) I'm 19 in Korea. ^^ Two years older. ^^
M1K4 wrote: Thanks for this thread. I was always curious what it is about the korean age. :) I'm 19 in Korea. ^^ Two years older. ^^

No problem. I am glad that I was able to satisfy your curiosity! ^-^
Stop by our tumblr for a video on this topic. :D
I`m 24, and my Korean age is 25... is there a rule, that when you get older, your age is going down?? please somewhere ;P
Zombie_Girl wrote: No problem. I am glad that I was able to satisfy your curiosity! ^-^
Stop by our tumblr for a video on this topic. :D

Thank you. :) I'm going to watch it. :)
risika199 wrote: I`m 24, and my Korean age is 25...
is there a rule, that when you get older, your age is going down?? please somewhere ;P

I wish there was :P I will look around and see if I can find
any place that makes your younger, at least in age! :D
M1K4 wrote: Thank you. :) I'm going to watch it. :)

^_^ You're welcome! Enjoy!
I moved the thread to General Korea Talk.
Ari_Lee wrote: I moved the thread to General Korea Talk.

Hi! I didn't realize I was in the wrong section, Thank You! ^_^
I'm either 27 or 28 in Korean age, depending if the person calculates according to the Solar or Lunar calender. Whenever someone asks my age, I just tell them that I'm 빠른 팔팔 (a fast '88), which means that I was born in 1988 before the Lunar New Year. Usually, if I meet people born in 1987, they'll quickly ask if they can talk to me more casually since we're technically in the same age group, and if I meet someone born in 1988 after the Lunar New Year, they'll talk to me with more respect.
I think my age is what i am now not age different from other country.
I'm 16 :o YESSSSSS!! Just 6 years away from Chanyeol!! I have a Chance!!!!!!
boredandtwitchy wrote: I'm either 27 or 28 in Korean age, depending if the person calculates according to the Solar or Lunar calender. Whenever someone asks my age, I just tell them that I'm 빠른 팔팔 (a fast '88), which means that I was born in 1988 before the Lunar New Year. Usually, if I meet people born in 1987, they'll quickly ask if they can talk to me more casually since we're technically in the same age group, and if I meet someone born in 1988 after the Lunar New Year, they'll talk to me with more respect.

Awesome! The Solar & Lunar part is still kind of a bit complex for me still, but I guess it's a thing you get used to when you use it often. ^_^; I am not sure if my korean age changes at all from what I believe it to be according to the solar or lunar new year. I was born in December '88.
I don't understand hangul yet, hehehe. So, I should probably call you Unnie? XD
gaj10 wrote: I think my age is what i am now not age different from other country.

I am not saying your age is going to officially change, but in korea the age calculation is different from ours and even though it won't change officially it is still important if you ever visit there, live there or communicate with korean people because in korea from what I have heard and gathered your age determines how people speak to you and I do believe that we must respect others cultural rules as best as we can when we communicate with them. I understand your point and it is every bit as valid as mine, while I respect that I must say that your response to my post is a bit off-topic. Thank You for chiming in though...
FatPanda wrote: I'm 16 :o YESSSSSS!!
Just 6 years away from Chanyeol!! I have a Chance!!!!!!

^_^ Well that's a positive way to look at it. :D