This is the first discussion I am writing and I must say I am pretty excited!!! Well leaving that aside let's get to business. The series is a adaptation of the japanese shoujo manga series created by Yue Takasuka. In typical shoujo world style the plain clumsy girl gets to have the hot jerk for a roommate. And the hot jerk turns out to be a hot good jerk and eventually her true love. Why is it that all these clumsy and not intelligent girls dump the nice cute guy and go for the hot jerk?!! Well...the answer is that it is the shoujo world and this is what happens there.

Those of you not familiar with shoujo(or shojo..I use both ways and both mean the same, I never could stick with one), it is the "genre of Japanese comics and animated films aimed primarily at a young female audience, typically characterized by a focus on personal and romantic relationships"- I got that definition from wiki. Some examples are L-DK, Sukitte inayo, kinkyori renai etc.

But mostly all these have been made into movies and not into dramas..so this brings me to my discussion. Should the manga have been made into a movie or a drama? Well,having completed only 10 episodes so far I cannot rate the drama but i must say this, DRAMA GO!!! Usually so many elements and so many emotions and scenes that are in the manga will be cut out in the 2 hour(well max 2 hr long) long movie while this 17 episode drama covers all of them!!(Hopefully will cover them all)

Seriously its so great that the production company made it into a drama cos all the characters and not simply the hero and heroines evolve throughout the show. So I hope to see more such dramas..personally I want a drama adptation of Kaichou wa maid sama (Kyaa!!Usui

I haven't seen Good Morning Call yet, it's on my PTW list.
I'll agree with you, I think drama adaption are better than movie. They are able to capture a lot more situations and emotions.
And omg, I would love to see drama adaption of Kaichou Wa Maid Sama, I loved (still do) Usui, and I loved his voice actor in anime. Haven't read the manga yet, maybe I will someday ^^

I've seen first the dorama, got familiar with the story there and fell in love so much that I couldn't help but reading the manga too. Basically I finished them one night, both of them.  And I can't be more satisfied than that, bc it became a very good adaption, most of the important scenes are in the dorama too, quite well adapted, mostly the same lines, etc. I also appreciated the changes there too, bc the dorama has it all what the manga lacks, especially in season 2 where - though it's not original story - we get that development of our main couple that we (and they) really needed to get.