Hello/Annyeong!/Ni Hao!

I created an MDL account today and I just spent three hours (yeah, no kidding!) updating my drama list. It's quite addicting, really. I needed to crack my brain for it to remember the dramas I've enjoyed in the past. Ugh there are so many of them. I'm mainly into Japanese and Korean dramas/movies (and a whole lot of animation on the sideline)

I have visited MDL a lot of times, but today is the day I finally decided to create an account. Why, you ask? Heee~ It's because I recently watched the Chinese drama, Because of Meeting You, and I am in need of a group discussion for this fantastic/superb/amazing/*inserts all positive adjectives here* drama (which I kind of found here) This is my first C-drama and I'm now curious of other C-dramas out there! Any recommendations? Thank you in advance.

Looking forward to reading a lot of discussions and hopefully contributing something to the website :)
Hi Dramalalaland, welcome to MDL ;D I hope you'll have lot of fun on MDL, it's a really wonderful community.

I'm almost done with Because of Meeting You (4 eps left only) I've been marathoning it for two weeks now and really can't stop so if you ever want to talk about it there's no problem I would be more than happy sharing my views with you and I'm sure you'll find many people to talk about this drama and other dramas you like. The only problem eventhough I'm enjoying BoMY I think there are lot of plot holes but overall I can't help but being in love with the main couple and some supporting characters that are real treasure (Song Xiu Hua, Le Tong and even Li Yun Kai's father ^^).
I'm also a real sucker for Cdramas so definitely I would be more than glad recommending some of my faves ;)

Hello, Dounie!

Thank you for replying to my post~ I understand what you mean by the plot holes but I'm willing to ignore all of them because the good outweighs the bad in the drama (yeah, keep making excuses lol) I binge-watched it for four days (holycreeep, I did that O.O) Hmm kind of regretting not prolonging the marathon because now it's over and I'm having post drama depression ;; I miss the lovely trio ~Yun Kai - Le Tong - Guo Guo~ The story pulled me in so fast! I didn't know any actors/actress here but OMG the storyline was just sooo addicting that I couldn't stop! The way they cut each episode also affected my interest because it's so random like "WHAT IS HAPPENING?! WHY DID YOU CUT IT THERE? NOW I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT" Is it always like this when it comes to C-dramas? XD 

Anyway, I'm now planning to watch Fifteen Years to Wait for Migratory Birds because I saw that Deng Lun and Sun Yi are also there *o* Have you seen it? How was it? Ughhhh I need more of their interactions. I can't get Deng Lun's dashing smile out of my mind! I even changed my lock-screen & wallpaper to Li Yun Kai (ノ∀`♥) /so whipped/

I'll take your offer. Which one would you recommend that I watch first? Hopefully not historical dramas because I'm just warming up to them.. even in Kdramas. Thank you.
You'rewelcome ;D. I understand you, I do the same as well when I'm utterly in love with a drama eventhough I do notice some little flaws here and there and I have to agree with you that's BoMY is a really addicting drama, not matter how much I'm complaining about the plot holes I can't help but marathoning the drama, it's just that addicting ;) Four days? Wow that's impressive ahah, indeed it was an incredible ride for you ^^. Yes it's really true they really did a great job with the ep's endings, always felt the need to watch urgently the next ep, I guess that's how these past few days I ended up marathoning the drama like crazy, I spent the whole weekend watching only this drama ahah :p. It depends honestly but some Cdramas are really addicting especially those involving revenge and secrets as subplots.

Fifteen Years Waiting for Migratory Birds was a really enjoyable drama as well and that's actually how I fell hard for Deng Lun and Sun Yi so I was utterly happy when I heard they would be in another drama together *0 * Deng Lun was absolutely adorable in 15 Years, I'm sure you'll fall for him as well but you'll have to be patient with his character. Li Yun Kai is pure love, I feel you honestly and he is a real cutie ♥♥

Oh you're not too fond of historical dramas and yet that's what I prefer when it comes to Cdramas but I there are still some good dramas I can suggest you;
- To Be a Better Man (a favourite of mine) but it's very particular and might not appeal to everyone but I found it so realistic, touching and I love the little touch of drama but also of comedy, one of the most hilarious drama I've ever watched.
-Ode to Joy, it's more about friendship (between five women) but there is little hints of romance as well and it's so heartwarming.

If you like School dramas I would also recommen Back in Time, it's short and it's pretty nice, the story is a little bit bitter though. Love O2O is also a school drama (features college students) and it's fluffy and very romantic but I didn't like the female lead and found the story too unrealistic but after all in dramaland we can't really expect realistic stories. Talking of fluf I also really enjoyed Boss and Me, would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a cute and lovely main couple and a not too complicated story.

Crime, psychological dramas you can try : ''Love me if you Dare'' (not too fond of this one but was highly appreciated by others), ''When a Snail Falls in Love'', I enjoyed this one more than Love me if you Dare and made more sense to me. And now my favourite '' Evil Minds'' don't know how to explain it but I really enjoyed this one a lot, some minor flaws here and there but I found it really thrilling and fascinating. Would you mind if I recommend some dramas set during the republic of China ( around 1911-1949) ? Will recommend you some if you're okay;)
Hi welcome to MDL! I'm so glad you're giving Chinese dramas a try! There are several really addicting ones out there. These are some of my favorites:

Lady & Liar
Return of the Heiress
Love me If you Dare
cruel romance

and if you want to give a few historicals a try here are some of my recommendations:

battle of changsha
prince of lan ling
sound of the desert
legend of hua mulan
introduction of the princess
the imperial doctress
scarlet heart
go princess go
the princess of wei young
palace: the lock heart jade
perfect couple

Hi & Welcome to MDL :) I don't really watch Chinese Dramas but my favourite one that I want to suggest is Love O2O x
Definitely try Boss and Me.  Read the reviews here on MDL. 

Welcome to the club. I am new to Cdrama as well.
Hello.. Im also new into Chinese drama and you will never regret it.. :) Have a break to Korean and japanese drama coz there's so many Chinese drama that was good that I really never expected.. :) Highly recommended.. 

1. Love me if you dare
2. Battle of changsha 
3.The journey of flower
@DOUNIE Thank you for replying to my message. I squealed so hard when I saw your reply. Thank you!

YESSSSSS revenge dramas or dramas with birth secrets are so satisfying to watch. It's entertaining to see how everything unfolds in the story. Even though we occasionaly meet hateful characters, it's worth it because we get to see them get ruined in the end *evil laugh* I kind of hate it when they suddenly have a change of heart and become a good person all of a sudden oMG JUST AFTER ALL THE BAD FEELINGS YOU MADE ME FEEL, YOU DECIDE TO BE BECOME A DECENT HUMAN BEING NOW?! OH HEEEXXX NO. (I don't know what this kind of thinking make me as person but this is how I feel about this)

Lucky you for watching it first! I wish I've seen it before BoMY to intensify my feels for Sun Yi and Deng Lun being together in a drama. Thank you for the heads up! I'll make sure to contain my judgment with his character until I know his intentions in the story. I'm sure I'll love him no matter what. The writers did such an awesome job in making Li Yun Kai's character. I'm not sure if it's always like this in C-dramas but I noticed a lot of humour included in their lines. Like, I wasn't expecting anything but BoMY really surprised me with the line delivery. There were a lot of scenes where I didn't expect the characters to deliver a certain line with crack humour. I LOL-ed so hard in some parts. It's so refreshing to see this kind of witty lines in a drama.

I did a quick check on the dramas you mentioned:

*To Be a Better Man - OMG YIXING IS HERE (I'm an EXO fan so yeah) I will definitely check it out after FYWfMB.

*Ode to Joy - your description about the women reminded me of the Kdrama, One More Happy Ending but I think OtJ will focus more on the women and not just the lead's romance. I'm up for this, too!

*Back in Time & LOVE 020 - will definitely consider these when I'm ever in the mood for school romance drama. I've seen some LOVE O2O scenes and WOW YANG YANG IS JUST... WOW ! such an eye-candy~! I hope the story is as good as he looks (Heee~)

*When a Snail Falls in Love, Love Me If You Dare & Evil Minds - Interesting story-lines. I'll check these out when I'm in the mood for dark themes. I'll probably pick one after I finish VOICE to ride the suspense feels.

As for the dramas set during the republic of China (around 1911-1949), it's probably a good idea if I finish all of the dramas mentioned above for me to take them slowly. I don't want to overwhelm myself and end up not watching anything at all. I'll definitely take this offer once I go through your first reco list.
@TheGrowlingStomach (interesting username + icon)

I'll make note of your recommendation list, dear. Love Me If You Dare seems to be a fan favorite. I can't wait to check it out. I'll finish Fifteen Years Waiting for Migratory Birds first and maybe do a random draw with the titles recommended by you guys. I'm still warming up to historical dramas but I'll do a quick check of your list.

I highly appreciate your time to leave a comment. Thank you!!!
Annyeong, @Angelina! 

I've seen some scenes from LOVE O2O and OMG Yang Yang is so good looking. He looks flawless in the clips I've seen. I'll check this one, too! Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Hi, @Guccigall!

OMG I've been eyeing Boss and Me for a couple of days now. I found some clips on YT and omg the heroine looks adorable. I'll take note of this one, too! I'm glad to have found the Chinese dramaland. The language is growing on me, too. Let's enjoy this journey of discovering more unique stories.
Heya, @Mighty_Brosia!

No regrets from me, dear! I'm enjoying the ride so far. I'm happy to have found the right place to flail about Chinese dramas.  I've seen a lot of people recommend Love Me If You Dare. I guess I need to check it out after I finish Fifteen Years Waiting for Migratory Birds. For the other two, I guess they're heavier plot-wise? I'll keep them for later when I'm feeling sentimental. 

Thank you for taking the time to comment! *I find it hard not to insert emojis ughhh it's so hard to refrain from putting some but the reply section won't register my emoticons omg whyyyyy*
Boss and me & Love o2o are based on Guman's novels. 

I've watched Boss and Me more than 3X,I swear!! I love this drama to bits. 

If you're willing to venture into Chinese fantasy genre, I see strongly recommend "Eternal Love". Soooooooo romantic.