Hey there! I'm Noir. I'm completely foreign to the MDL community and fairly new to Kdrama itself! I'll admit the way I got into Kdrama was probably not the most ideal way, which was watching web series with kpop stars lol. From there I hovered around what I could find, which was DOTS in netflix. I'm fully aware of how hyped DOTS is, but I actually liked it and through DOTS I found Healer. These two are my top two favorite at the moment. I've added quite a few dramas to my "Plan To Watch" list based on the casting and reviews alone, but if anyone can recommend an enjoyable drama that might not be as well known, I'd love to know!

There is literally only one thing I tend to avoid in Kdramas or really anything I watch/read. That being said I loathe love triangles. I'm not into the whole cliche love triangle/pentagon and immature rivalry with bitter endings/forever unrequited love. That doesn't mean I'm not lentiet though, I was okay with the subtle love triangle in W!  

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I've yet to watch a korean historical drama, mostly because I'm not familiar with their history, but I'd love to be recommended one or even a few! Thanks in advance to anyone who replies whether if it's to say hello or to give recommendations! :D

yolo  noir

welocme to MDL.  

since you liked DOTS and healer (they were also my top fav when i started out)...i would recommend 

GOBLIN

also  

Love in the Moonlight  its a light historical k drama (i recently completed it) it might be simple series to start your historical drama genre.

Hi, I have a lot of recommendations if you're up for it ;) I'll add some older gems of different genres and some newer ones that I think are amazing ^_^

Sweet 18 (Rom/Com)

Tree of Heaven (Tragic)

Jumong (Historical)

Kingdom of the Winds (a sort of a sequel to Jumong) (Historical)

Two Weeks (Action)

I'll Give You the Stars and the Moon (Daily family drama)

East of Eden (Action/Drama/Period)

Bad Guys (Crime)

Warrior Baek Dong Soo (Historical)

Hi,

For historical dramas, you should try Empress Ki, Queen Seon Deok, The princess'man and Six Flying Dragons.

Hi @Wangkong7! Welcome to MDL!

Some dramas that I would recommend are:

Goblin:  (Fantasy/ Romance/ Comedy) Same screenwriter as DOTS. (The couple has quite a few years of age difference though, so keep that in mind, if that's not your thing)

Chicago Typewriter:  (Fantasy/ Romance/ Comedy) A beautiful drama. Has romance, but also focuses on friendship and comradeship.

Secret Garden: (Fantasy/ Romance/ Comedy) Soul swapping drama. Same screenwriter as DOTS.

Signal: (Thriller/ Fantasy/ Mystery) A really well written drama. (No romance)

Chief Kim: (Business/ Comedy/ Drama) It's hilarious and you'll love it! (No romance)

Kill Me Heal Me: (Medical/ Romance/ Drama) Really engaging drama, and acting is top-notch

My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho: (Fantasy/ Romance/ Comedy)

These are some good ones that you should try out!

Hello!!!

Here are my recommendations:

Romance:

Kill me Heal me

The Greatest Love

The Master's sun

It's okay that's love

Fated to love you

Goblin

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

Fight for my way

The moon embracing the sun (which is set in Joseon)

Suspense:

Signal

Voice

Tunnel

Tunnel - a solid and enjoyable crime/detective drama, no romance

Suspicious Partner  - another good Ji Chang Wook drama with crime elements if you enjoyed him in Healer, though this one is more rom-com

Hello Monster - another crime-centred drama with great twists

Rooftop Prince - historical and time-jump, mixed in with mystery and rom-com, very enjoyable and gave me a lot of laughs in the initial episodes

While You Were Sleeping (still airing)

Circle

Iris

I'd also highly recommend Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo and Empress Ki as two very solid historical dramas but I know you mentioned being wary of love triangles.

Hi Noir!

I also got introduced to kdramas through DOTS on Netflix and followed up with HEALER(Still one of my top 3).  Needless to say I have been hooked ever since.

Alot of people(including me) loved Goblin.  I found the story, the music and the acting beautiful.  

Alot of the dramas mentioned above are really, really good so i wanted to add some that are perhaps a little older, but definatelly worth the watch.
Falling for Innocence
King2Hearts
Oh My Venus
Queen In Hyun's Man

If you want to try a Korean movie, I really enjoyed 'Classic'.

Welcome to MDL and happy watching!