MDL Actor Profile[/URL]

Osamu Mukai (向井 理, Mukai Osamu, born February 7, 1982) is a Japanese actor. He was born in Kanagawa, Japan. Mukai's height is 182 cm. He graduated from Meiji University with an Agriculture major. Mukai's first main role was in the 2006 Japanese television drama Nodame Cantabile. He played the cellist Kikuchi Toru and subsequently became known for his trademark smile.

[U]TV Shows[LIST]
[*]Hungry! (Fuji TV, 2012)
[*]Hanayome no Chichi (TBS, MBS, 2012)
[*]Honto ni Atta Kowai Hanashi Akumu no Jusan Nichi (Fuji TV, 2011)
[*]Aishiteru~Kizuna~ (NTV, 2011)
[*]Kikoku (TBS, 2010)
[*]Hotaru no Hikari 2 (NTV, 2010)
[*]Shinzanmono (TBS, 2010)
[*]5 Nen Go no Love Letter (Bee TV, 2010)
[*]Gegege no Nyobo (NHK, 2010)
[*]Bocho Mania 09 (NTV, 2009)
[*]Mama-san Volley de Tsukamaete (NHK, 2009)
[*]Ninkyo Helper (Fuji TV, 2009)
[*]Futatsu no Spica (NHK, 2009)
[*]Atashinchi no Danshi (Fuji TV, 2009)
[*]Mei-chan no Shitsuji (Fuji TV, 2009)
[*]Scrap Teacher (NTV 2008)
[*]Kiri no Hi (NTV, 2008)
[*]Seigi no Mikata as Yoshikawa Naoki (NTV, 2008)
[*]Osen as Tomekichi (NTV, 2008)
[*]Hachimitsu to Clover as Mayama Takumi (Fuji TV, 2008)
[*]Nodame Cantabile SP (Fuji TV, 2008)
[*]Abarenbo Mama as Yamaguchi Yohei (Fuji TV, 2007)
[*]Bambino! as Senoo Masashi (NTV, 2007)
[*]Hyakki Yakosho (NTV, 2007)
[*]Nodame Cantabile as Kikuchi Toru (Fuji TV, 2006)
[*]Regatta (TV Asahi, 2006)
[*]Byakuyako (TBS, 2006, ep3)
[/LIST]
Movies[LIST]
[*]Girl (2012)
[*]Bokutachi wa Sekai wo Kaeru Koto ga Dekinai (2011)
[*]Paradise Kiss (2011)
[*]Beck (2010)
[*]Hanamizuki (2010)
[*]Gachi Boy (2008)
[*]Boku wa, Kimi no Tame ni koso Shini ni Iku (2007)
[*]Dakara Watashi wo Suwarasete. Tsuukin Densha de Suwaru Geijutsu (2006)
[/LIST]
they used his 30th birthday as part of the show for hungry. his character turned 30 in feb too. and he's my generation...big up the ppl born in 1982! he's cute and funny. kinda dorky but still very cool. i've seen him in a few dramas before--mei-chan, bambino, honey and clover but i never really took notice of him till paradise kiss. seeing him lead in that movie made me go back to see his other works, the dramas i'd seen him in he always played a background character but he's a good actor. i'm enjoying him in hungry this season.
The first time I apparently saw him was in Nodame Cantabile, but I don't remember him at all. So, let's skip to Paradise Kiss, he completely failed to impress me in that movie. I didn't see George in him. And now let's fast forward to Hungry! I looooove him in this drama!
LisNoir wrote: The first time I apparently saw him was in Nodame Cantabile, but I don't remember him at all. So, let's skip to Paradise Kiss, he completely failed to impress me in that movie. I didn't see George in him. And now let's fast forward to Hungry! I looooove him in this drama!

looking forward to watching that drama...
as for PK...it was sort of OK for me...and i dropped NC lol
LisNoir wrote: The first time I apparently saw him was in Nodame Cantabile, but I don't remember him at all. So, let's skip to Paradise Kiss, he completely failed to impress me in that movie. I didn't see George in him. And now let's fast forward to Hungry! I looooove him in this drama!

looking forward to watching that drama...
as for PK...it was sort of OK for me...and i dropped NC lol
KamZ wrote:
as for PK...it was sort of OK for me...

The anime was better (although I liked the movie ending more). I just didn't feel he was George...lol

And I hope you like Hungry! when you try it...jejeje
LisNoir wrote: The anime was better (although I liked the movie ending more). I just didn't feel he was George...lol

And I hope you like Hungry! when you try it...jejeje

i haven't watched the anime which is probably why it didn't let me down like it did to others who've watched it lol

i hope i do too..i think MO is cute
Haha I noticed him the first time in an historical Drama ;) He was just amazing and I loved him <3 Then I found out that he would be in Hungry! and it has been on my ptw list since then :p It is quite funny that everyone is talking about it now :D
Handsome even if he's 30??
michilovesdramas wrote: Handsome even if he's 30??

"even if he's 30?" you must be very young. There are plenty of people handsome and beautiful! and over 30!
Jeaniessi wrote: "even if he's 30?" you must be very young. There are plenty of people handsome and beautiful! and over 30!

Hehe that is true :p It doesn´t have to do anything with the age....there are plenty beautiful people out there where you would have never guessed their age :)
Jeaniessi wrote: "even if he's 30?" you must be very young. There are plenty of people handsome and beautiful! and over 30!

Mirichan wrote: Hehe that is true :p It doesn´t have to do anything with the age....there are plenty beautiful people out there where you would have never guessed their age :)

*nods in agreement* I've seen 50 year old men who look better than some 20 year olds.
Mirichan wrote: Hehe that is true :p It doesn´t have to do anything with the age....there are plenty beautiful people out there where you would have never guessed their age :)

I was tempted to post a picture montage and then I was like...oops Threadjacking! Only very young people think 30 is old. and I agree! There are so many very beautiful people out there over 30 and even 40 and oh hey! 50.

Where did the Japanese Cougar thread go?
Jeaniessi wrote: I was tempted to post a picture montage and then I was like...oops Threadjacking! Only very young people think 30 is old. and I agree! There are so many very beautiful people out there over 30 and even 40 and oh hey! 50.

Where did the Japanese Cougar thread go?

It's in the general Asia forum. I asked Skye to merge the Korean and Japanese one since...people kept posting Japanese guys in the Korean one and Korean men in the Japanese one...lol
BTW...I have watched the first Ep of Hungry and really really like it. (better than Ending Planner I think) and while Mukai Osamu doesn't make my brain go GUH...I like him.