Hi! I'm trying to remember who this japanese celebrity is, but I just can't find him, and it's really bugging me! Here's my description:

I think he may be a singer. I'm sure I saw him on MDL, so either I'm wrong and he's an actor, or if not he occasionally acts as well. In any case, he's not young: he may be 35, and maybe even older, like around 45. I remember thinking his hairdo (you know the typical japanese mullet hair, dyed blonde) looked slightly out of place on a man his age and a bit tacky, but also looked kinda cool. I remember he has some some sort of a stage name, that may start with a "v" (something that sounds like Veck, or Varick, but I'm not too sure...). I'm pretty sure he's quite famous, although he wasn't in the first 10 pages of the top japanese actors when I was looking for him...

Does any of this ring a bell?

Thanks!

Hello,

Maybe it could help if you can tell where (and when) you've seen him : TV show, CM, drama... To be honest, i think that most japanese acotrs and singers had once in their life the typical Japanese mullet Hair you're talking about....
haha... I never saw him! I know for the hair... I just stumbled upon him many, many times, back when I was more interested in j-dramas and spent a lot of time on mdl looking for some. The thing that was distinctive was the fact that he was a "veteran", and his stage name, that started with a V...!
Désolée, c'est trop vague pour moi, je ne peux pas t'aider...
The description could fit so many actors, especialy Johnny's,  from Kimura Takuya and  Katori Shingo to Tegoshi Yuya, without forgetting Arashi, News, KATTUN members and ex-members. And so many others. The V... stage name really bugs me, i don't see who it could be, but i don't know enough Japanese celebrities i guess.
hope someone else could help ! 
bonne chance!
Could you be talking about a V6 member? They're in their 30s/40s so who knows.
Okada JunichiMiyake KenNagano HiroshiInohara Yoshihiko??
arghhhhh so annoying, still can't find him! Thanks for trying, though... Maybe I'll randomly find him again (and I'll post it here) ;)

p.s: he was definitely not the same generation as Arashi, Kattun etc, he was older (mais encore merci pour ton aide, @SumiTheCat ;) )
I don't really know any Jceleb that has a V in their name/stage name other than miyavi but he doesn't fit description. Maybe Gackt? he's 40, very popular and is often sporting that anime hair.
The only one I can think of, who fits your description, is OKI from The Street Beats.  He's sporting a blonde mullet in their "I Wanna Change" MV (Crows Zero theme song).  :)

Gosh, I'm sorry, my description was awful :/ When I read the name Gackt it finally rang a bell, and I think I just must have invented a completely wrong image of him in my head... (a "v", pffft). Maybe one day I'll find who I was mixing him up with, because something about that "v" stage name felt really familiar, only he could very well be chinese, korean, taiwanese, any age, any profession... ;) 

Thanks everyone, and congratulations @sylwia for managing to read through such confusion and so many mistakes, haha.... It was Gackt I had in mind, a very distorted version maybe, but definitely him!
The picture of the hairdo you linked was helpful. Usually VK guys have hair like that and Gackt is the most famous one. Sometimes I'm also way off the mark when I'm trying to recall something but the memory is hazy. I've been searching for one UK film I once saw on tv for 3 years now.