Hello there,
It's not easy to find what is starting each month, so I decided to summarize all the dramas which are starting in January. Hope you'll like it ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRAMAS IN JANUARY 2017

Jan, 5
Masuyama Chounouryokushi Jimusho (増山超能力師事務所)

Jan, 6
Kumokiri Nizaemon Season 3 (雲霧仁左衛門 3)
Yamada Takayuki no Cannes Kokusai Eigasai (山田孝之のカンヌ映画祭)
Zero : Dragon Blood (絶狼<ZERO> -DRAGON BLOOD-)

Jan, 7
Gin to Kin (銀と金)

Jan, 8
Daibinbo (大貧乏)
Onna Joushu Naotora (おんな城主 直虎)
Onna no Naka ni Iru Tanin (女の中にいる他人)
Rakuen (楽園)

Jan, 10
Bakumatsu Gurume Bushimeshi! (幕末グルメ ブシメシ!)
Uso no Senso (嘘の戦争)

Jan, 12
Kirawareru Yuki (嫌われる勇気)
Shukatsu Kazoku~Kitto, Umaku Iku~ (就活家族~きっと、うまくいく~)

Jan, 13
Byplayers (バイプレイヤーズ~もしも6人の名脇役がシェアハウスで暮らしたら~)
Gekokujo Juken (下剋上受験)
Okaasan, Musume wo yamete ii desuka? (お母さん、娘をやめていいですか?)

Jan, 14
Honjitsu wa, Ohigara mo Yoku (本日は、お日柄もよく)
Super Salaryman Mr.Saenai(スーパーサラリーマン左江内氏)

Jan, 15
A life (A LIFE~愛しき人~)
Kanjou 8-go Sen (感情8号線)

Jan, 17
Quartet (カルテット)

Jan, 18
Kuzu no Honkai (クズの本懐)
Tokyo Tarareba Musume (東京タラレバ娘)

Jan, 19
Rental no Koi (レンタルの恋)

Jan, 20
Sanbiki no Ossan 3 〜Seigi no Mikata, Mitai!!(三匹のおっさん3〜正義の味方、みたび!!〜)
Ubai Ai, Fuyu (奪い愛、冬)

Jan, 21
Seirei no Moribito II: Kanashiki Hakaishin (精霊の守り人 シーズン2)

Jan, 22
Dansui! (男水)
Shikaku Tantei Higurashi Gabito (視覚探偵 日暮旅人)

Jan, 23
Totsuzen Desu ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimasu (突然ですが、明日結婚します)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIALS IN JANUARY 2017

Jan, 2
Tsuribaka nisshi Shinnyuu shain Hamasaki Densuke (釣りバカ日誌新入社員浜崎伝助)

Jan, 3
Fuji Family (富士ファミリー)
Kimi ni Sasageru Emblem (君に捧げるエンブレム)

Jan, 6
Fukigen na Kajitsu Sannenme no Uwaki (不機嫌な果実スペシャル~3年目の浮気~)

Jan, 8
Shiawase no Kioku (しあわせの記憶)

Jan, 11
Ai wo Kou Hito (愛を乞うひと)

Jan, 28
Tantei Shoujo Arisa no Jikenbo (探偵少女アリサの事件簿)

MAJ 01 : Adding Specials
MAJ 02 : Adding some new dramas
MAJ 03 : Adding Zero : Dragon Blood

Please, feel free if there is something missing in this list. If you like it, it could be possible to make this kind of topic each month ;)
Thank you so much! It's really helpful :)
yes, this is helpful, thank you! I usually check out two different sources for upcoming jdramas but it's nice having them all compiled here & then linked to their respective MDL pages.

edit:

((some more to add, unless my eyes missed them in the list))

2017 january doramas:
jan. 6
Yamada Takayuki no Cannes Kokusai Eigasai

jan. 15
Kanjou 8-go Sen

jan. 21
Seirei no Moribito II

jan. 22
Dansui!
Thank you for your suggestions theairtwit ;) It seems that my source is incomplete 
Also for tokusatsu fans, the Garo spin-off Zero: Dragon Blood starts today (2017.01.06). It hasn't been entered into MDL yet though (hmm, maybe I should work on that if no one else will... EDIT: Done! Just waiting for approval now.)
Any recommendations?
@bannie

I recommend Tokyo Tarareba Musume.
The drama is based on Higashimura Akiko's manga, the creator of the award-winning Kuragehime. I've read the on-going manga, and the plot is fun. The cast of the drama is promising as well, starring Yoshitaka Yuriko on her first leading role since 2014. 
Thanks for the post! it really helps!

I am really interested in byplayers because of the casts.. but still can not find it anywhere online :(
yeah, byplayers is nowhere raw (if you don't need subs to watch) & it has no one to sub it yet that I know of ): but it only just started airing, too. 

excluding the dramas that are carried over from last season, I think the only ones with (english) sub announcements are rental no koi & season three of sanbiki no ossan? I was going to cross-reference with d-addicts but the site is down for maintenance.
^
A LIFE has english sub, thanks to avieamber :)
It's fast too! I think it'll be hard to sub medical drama, but the sub was out in 2 days only!
From ep 1, I think the drama is not a special one; just like most kimutaku's dramas... he is a cool yet excellent professional and have many haters (^^;)

And excited for Quartet and Tokyo Tarareba Musume! Going to watch them soon also! :D
i picked up a life. since its kimitaku 

i looked at tokyo tarareba musuem seemed to be more dedicated to females. but might pick it up. we will see
Tokyo Tarareba Musume is good, but indeed, it's more dedicated to female.. I'm not sure if it fits to male watchers..
Even I find the girls' talk too childish (I mean, they're in their 30s but the talk is more like talk for 20s girls).. but whatever, I just love 3 main actresses and overlook that thing :)
But but, quartet is good also!! Great casts and surprisingly it has a bit mystery in it.

edit: someone subs quatet also! http://yuizaki-libra.livejournal.com/36318.html
thanks for the link @soracantabile! I'm too busy to watch anything atm but I'm glad quartet is getting subbed; it's one of my top dorama picks this season. I just saw that earthcolors is subbing seirei no moribito 2 as well. (I figured she would since since she subbed the first season, but yay!)

I'm still keeping fingers crossed for byplayers.
I'm watching Tokyo Tarareba Musume and loving it.

I'm planning to watch another drama, but i'm torn between A LIFE and Quartet.

Any recommendations?