Hello,

I'm slowly getting back into Japanese Dramas. I noticed that less and less are getting subbed per season (english subbed). Is there just a lack of interest in general? or is there just no one subbing the ones I want to watch for each season xD

Here you will find who subbing which drama for the current season http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map_2017...

Also, I noticed that in some countries, there are some repressions against fansubbers. A part of them stopped subbing, and an other part choose to continue but they are very restrictive with people who can access to their release. On livejournal, there are a lot of communities but, sometimes, it is very difficult to enter one because you have to demonstrate that you will not diffuse their sub on other websites such as Kissasian or Dramacool... Even if you are in good faith, if you can't show clean hands, they'll forbid you from entering their community. 

For example, Jimi ni Sugoi is fully sub on this community http://menimienaimono.livejournal.com/ but it is very very difficult to enter. For example, they banned all members of the community in february due to a leak of their sub from one of their member on MDL... 

I want a netflix for dramas !!!

Its sad that there are a lot of locked communities ... but I can of understand where they come from, they work hard to sub and other people steal their work. 
But on the bright side, this can be a reason to push us forward to learn japanese :)
I think a lot of the problem is that new(er) fans *expect* to be able to watch everything streaming (a la K-dramas nowadays, and pretty much everything else for that matter). For J-dramas, that means illegal streaming sites (KissAsian, DramaCool, and the like) which literally take fansubbers' work that they do for free and make profit from it (via ads), sometimes even removing the credits. So I really don't blame fansubbers for making fans jump over a few (admittedly-low) bars to get what is basically many hours worth of work for free.
@antonin depends on which dramas you're looking to watch. definitely check out the fansub map, because it will tell you which dramas have been/are being subbed and by who. ❤️

not all subbers/subbing communities are listed, tho. for example, I know someone who is subbing a certain drama right now but has asked people to keep quiet. menimieaimono also won't be listed... like it was said, they went through a member purge (twice, actually), and are very strict now. I can't even access their 'how to join' page anymore. I also found out doramatique moved from LJ and won't accept anyone at their new place after an alleged rule break. they were one of my favorites, too, but I get why they did it.

also, if you know keiko1981's blog---go there. I frequent her links of interest page when I'm in need of sources.
Thank you all for the replies :D

I didn't know there was was a fansub list and map :O

I am too surprised on how fewer J-Drama are getting subbed a bit. I feel like that the interests of J-Dramas are declining in recent years, this is most likely the facts that Japanese copyright laws are trying to take down all the illegal streaming websites that they don't won't to be streamed. You can still find more J-Dramas on dTV.

https://pc.video.dmkt-sp.jp/