Has anyone ever read a manga then, after some time, find out it has a live action adaptation movie/drama?
This happened to me several times:
Yankee to Megane-chan, Hana Yori Dango(the drama that got me hooked into the drama world), Cat Street, Gokusen, Hana Kimi, Deathnote, and probably many others that I can't even remember...:)

Anyone have any that they'd like to share?
That's how I found the wonderful world of dramas (: Haha
I wanted to know if there was an anime for Hana Kimi and when I searched for it I found both the Taiwan and Japanese versions. Although the Taiwan version was a lot closer to the manga, the japanese version was really funny (: haha. After that I watched Hana Yori Dango, Deathnote, Sand Chronicles. I've also watched the shows Koizora and Nobuta Wo Produce without knowing they were adapted from a manga or an anime, and I'm currently watching Bloody Monday. So it's kinda the opposite for those ones haha, watched the drama before reading the manga. (Hana Yori Dango I watched first before reading the manga)
Folco wrote: That's how I found the wonderful world of dramas (: Haha
I wanted to know if there was an anime for Hana Kimi and when I searched for it I found both the Taiwan and Japanese versions. Although the Taiwan version was a lot closer to the manga, the japanese version was really funny (: haha. After that I watched Hana Yori Dango, Deathnote, Sand Chronicles. I've also watched the shows Koizora and Nobuta Wo Produce without knowing they were adapted from a manga or an anime, and I'm currently watching Bloody Monday. So it's kinda the opposite for those ones haha, watched the drama before reading the manga. (Hana Yori Dango I watched first before reading the manga)

I read Hana Kimi before I watched the japanese version, is the taiwanese version better- I'm thinking about watching it? I really liked Koizora and Nobuta Wo Produce was cute too :) Was Nobuta Wo Produce made into a live action from a manga 'cuz I thought it was a novel ?_?
i don't really read romantic manga..and not many non romantic manga that has a live action, i guess..
well,,i read death note before the movies..and 20th century boys..
also sailor moon and conan, of course..^^

i mostly watch the anime version..>_<
bgjcs wrote: I read Hana Kimi before I watched the japanese version, is the taiwanese version better- I'm thinking about watching it? I really liked Koizora and Nobuta Wo Produce was cute too :) Was Nobuta Wo Produce made into a live action from a manga 'cuz I thought it was a novel ?_?

I wouldnt say Tversion's better but it's closest to the manga.
On the side note, I haven't watch Cat Street. Is it good?

P.S. Oh and guys have you watch any live adaptation which you can say is a lot better than the manga?
bgjcs wrote: I read Hana Kimi before I watched the japanese version, is the taiwanese version better- I'm thinking about watching it? I really liked Koizora and Nobuta Wo Produce was cute too :) Was Nobuta Wo Produce made into a live action from a manga 'cuz I thought it was a novel ?_?

Some people liked the Taiwan version better, others didn't like it. I would say it's worth at least watching a couple episodes to see if you like it (it really is a lot like the manga). I liked it a lot, but the japanese version is funnier haha. I'm not sure if Nobuta Wo Produce was a manga, I thought there was an anime to it but I might be wrong -__- haha I'm not sure.
I got hooked to the dramas because of mangas...my favourite ones are manga adaptations :)
Hana Kimi, have seen both versions, though the Taiwanese is closer to manga, don't like it, love the Japanese version!
Hana Yori Dango, have seen all 3 version, hate the Taiwanese one, love both Japanese and Korean versions, though I sometimes say that I don't watch the Korean version as the original version, it just has another aura, not like Hana Yori Dango :)
Nobuta wo Produce (from a book, though very different from drama and better I'd say :))
Cat Street
The Devil Does Exist - aka The Devil Beside You
My MOST favourite manga in the world MARS - I don't like the Taiwanese drama, though I'm crazy about the manga... How I wish Koreans make their adaptation, it'll be genious!!!
Ouran High School Host Club - waiting for the drama, though I'm doubting the cast...
This is all I can remember at the moment :P
Regarding Hana kimi I despised the ending in Hana kimi Taiwanese version.. I am not sure about what I disliked because it was a long time ago but I did have a distinct hatred for the ending.. And I loved wu chun :/
So I checked out these live action movies (both Japanese) called koukou debut (or high school debut) it was a realllllly good movie, and I also watched paradise kiss with mukai Osamu ^^
There is also the dramas ikemen desu ne (I though it was a manga?) which also has a Korean adaptation called you're beautiful as well as ouran high school host club which I know for sure derived from a manga and such :D there is also wallflower (Yamato nadeshiko shichi henge) which I think was 2010 drama

And I can't wait to see the new drama (first ep. Aired on Christmas eve) called Switch girl!! Which was a very popular manga in terms of hilarity(:
Haha, that's how I found dramas too! :) I got hooked on them then. Hana Kimi (Tversion was the 1st drama I watched. XD, Jversion 2007 followed later, and now I'm watching the Kversion), Itazura na Kiss (watched the Jversion first, then Tversion (ISWAK and TKA), Devil Beside You (Akuma de Sourou), Ouran High School Host Club, Nodame Cantabile, Lovely Complex, Kimi ni Todoke, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Glass Mask, Full House, The Rose (Bara no Tame ni),... I'm planning to watch Skip Beat!, Switch Girl!, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Koukou Debut and more dramas after I finish watching Momo Love. And I think Momo Love is also a manga-turned-live-action, although I'm not too sure about that.
Haii ofcourse XD Death note , HighSchool Debut, Lovely Complex,Itazura na kiss ,Switch girl! and now I'm watching sprout :3
i just saw the live action version of rurouni kenshin (samurai X) on the weekend and even tho i only understood 2% of what they were saying (sadly no english subs in japanese theaters :( ) i still enjoyed it. the action was awesome, the acting was well done and stayed true to the characters in the anime. it follows the anime but there are some changes in events. I don't really see anything really disappointing about the movie maybe some more hardcore fans can find things to nitpick but i can't.
The first one I found out was Death Note...I was a big fan of the manga, so I was like "Wow, is there a movie!? I HAVE to see that!" Which is still my same reaction every time I stumble upon the drama version of a manga I read! XD The last one I watched was Switch Girl, I was so curious about how they were gonna deal with all the disgusting parts! XD
valkyriena wrote: Has anyone ever read a manga then, after some time, find out it has a live action adaptation movie/drama?
This happened to me several times:
Yankee to Megane-chan, Hana Yori Dango(the drama that got me hooked into the drama world), Cat Street, Gokusen, Hana Kimi, Deathnote, and probably many others that I can't even remember...:)

Anyone have any that they'd like to share?

yey!! been looking for this thread!! ^__^ found it!! finally!!
beck!! the very first manga i've ever read!! watched its anime version and chadaaaaaaaaaa--- Beck Live Action!!

Nana!! kyaaa~ I've watched the live actions first then checked one manga and anime. great!!