I've noticed that females in drama and movies gets a lot of hate no matter the personality of the character or how good the actresses is. I would like to know what viewers don't find annoying. or in reality is it the fact that they are women that makes them annoying? Honestly there hasn't been even one drama that I've seen where the female lead hasn't gotten comments like whore, bitch, annoying or attention seeker.  
There are female characters I hate in dramas or movies, but not all of them. It depends on the personality of the character.
i think it is because the big part of drama community are girls and while watching the drama sometimes you (even unwillingly) self-insert yourself into a position of main character. when this happens you just think 'if i were her, i would do this' but this rarely happens because writers make the girl usually act irrationally for the sake of drama. also, sometimes girls have very high standards set for themselves and they just cant stand when someone acts stupid. like... for girl it is easier to spot badly made female character simply because /you/ are a woman and you know how girls work, than spotting badly made (character/behaviour-wise) male character because.. well.. they are usually handsome and nice/rich/intriguing and you are like 'yeah, i can work with that. hes not bad'
...and sometimes, they just make main character be annoying. like.. when they make her act cute. i hate it when they make them speak in that annoying fake cute voice :'D
girls wishing they could replace the girl
I think because if you are a girl you can identify with the character in the drama. If her character is lacking, I think most women easily find fault with it. I"m a mom... so to be honest I tend to have more understanding for the younger women in the show's then towards women my own age. Maybe because I have 2 grown daughters. 
Hate is a strong word, there shouldn't be hate..

I've been watching Asian dramas for years now and one of the things I noticed a lot was that in a lot of dramas the female leads tend to be portrayed as a weak person. Also I don't like the whole aegyo thing or the wrist grabbing we see in dramas... I prefer dramas like coffee prince and KMHM where the female lead is strong and independent..
Because women are conditioned to view other women as competition and rivals to be defeated. We've been conditioned to see the man in the story as the hero and imagine ourselves as the damsel who winds up with the hero in the end. Another woman just gets in the way, especially if she doesn't behave in the manner we could see ourselves behaving.
I am not really fond of plastic faces. That's the only thing that annoys me a little bit.
I dont hate the actress who plays the character no matter how bad written the characteris ,i only hate writers.even though i say hate,its more of a dislike.It is so hard to find a female character that is well-written.Relatibility isnt important for me.All i need is to be able to understand is why that character is making those particular desicions.for the most of the time,i dont understand them,unfortunately.
I don't want to generalize but they seem to act WAY less realistically than male casts. One of the reasons why I drop detective/crime dramas with female leads than any other dramas, not that I hate the actresses or even the characters they portray but sometimes it's hard to take such dramas seriously despite their best effort. This is rarely the case though. ;)
Well, in my opinion There is an issue how how women portrayed. It's not the actresses's fault but the character's (some of the ones I've seen anyway) I do like some female character (I've just started watching Korean dramas) the character is always looking for love, whiny, and just plain rude. There's an issue of limiting the female character in some dramas, and that's why most people don't like them (in some I've seen that role falls into the second main female character, who's always getting into the way of the main female character for the first male character and conflict between the main and the second male character for the main female character) that's why I liked, The girl who sees smells (episodes 1-11(12?) anyway) there was no romance conflict, it was cute and funny and somewhat scary they was no needless drama (again like the first 10 episodes, and then it was just cute). 

Ive gone off track, anyway it's because of the character itself that's my opinion anyway
Everyone's got a good point, except the one person who said it was jealousy because it's not! 

As people have already said, most of the viewers are woman and we kind of see ourselves in the position of the female lead. Some actresses (plenty of them) fail in portraying a strong character, one that we could always remember and that could become a role model. She can be feminine, tomboy, submissive, outspoken, shy, whatever just don't be the kind of female lead that makes us wonder why the heck are the guys in the drama falling for you when I've got a much better personality, i mean seriously! 
I have a hard time warming up to weak characters. For me, female characters who allow their male counterparts to treat them like crap and still chase after them are unlikable. I also despise aegyo from anyone, male or female, so there's that as well. I can't think of any actual actresses I dislike, I only dislike a character they've played.
Good question. From what I saw, females often are, when not rivals, very poorly developed characters (sometimes both). There's almost no depth to them whatsoever. This can happen to anyone, from secondary characters that only exist for one action only; passing through protagonist's best friend/sister that we know nothing about her feelings and thoughts; till inert deadweight "leads". And I didn't even started to talk about how they abuse of using the damsel-in-distress cliché in every single drama genre.

I see this more as a writing problem, but maybe itself reflects a veiled misogyny that happens everywhere.
Male leads are often written just as unrealistically and one-dimensionally as female leads. Especially in Korean dramas. So I can't accept that as a reason as to why viewers hate female characters in particular.