Hi!
I'm wondering if you know any good dramas/movies out there doesn't really have anything to do with family or if it does - has a twisted family story? I come from a family where we, shortly said, don't really know each other, which makes it hard to me to actually enjoy any movies/dramas with any family story(e.g 1 Litre of Tears, Miracle In Cell No. 7) ... Dramas I've really liked though is It's Okay, That's Love and Who Are You: School 2015(the incomprehension between father and son - Gong Tae Kwang - really touched me). Any genre would be fine!
Thank you ~

What about Kazoku no Katachi? The parents in the drama really love their children, but their ways of showing their love aren't always welcomed by their independent-spirited children. Basically, the children in this drama (a man and a woman who are neighbors in their apartment building) are not emotionally demonstrative, and they don't like showing their innermost thoughts and feelings to others, including their parents.
Moved to Recommendation Forum. :)
slightly older cast but I enjoyed 'Sparkling' two daughters switched at birth. One grows up with wealthy parents the other extremely poor. When it's uncovered about what happened and they end up trading places and going back to how it should have been. The previous poor girl becomes a *itch, cold, cruel and bitter while the former wealthy girl remains as the kind true hearted person she has always been even in the new poor situation.
Both families have to deal with the changes and it gets a little twisted from the cruel girl who is bent on stopping the happiness of female lead.
Kazoku game
N no tame ni
Triangle (the brothers separated when young and at an orphanage, all grow up dysfunctional, but then they somehow meet each other again and try to become a family - not the primary theme, but still important to plot)

heart to heart (dysfunctional family, not a single person without their flaws, not main theme but prevalent)

airefuta no kiseki (emotionally and societally Dysfunctional families, large prominence to the show)

I'll add more when I have my  laptop and not my cellphone :)
Messed up or otherwise unconventional drama families:
  • Baker King - Lots of cheating and lying and abuse, really.  Although countered with the Pal Bong Bakery family, which is happy and saccharine sweet, so maybe that's not what you want to see. Maybe just fast-forward through them, lol
  • Babysitter - This one's pretty twisted and fun.  And short.  And on your PTW :)
Dramas with little or no focus on families:
  • Awl - There are some smaller arcs involving a mother and son, and sometimes family comes up as motivation, but it's not a major part of the story at all...but you've seen Cart, so you would know what you're getting into, haha
  • Once Upon a Time in Saengchori - There is a father and daughter, but they're both fairly nuts; there's also a girl and her grandpa (I think?  It's been a while since I watched it...).  I guess there's another bit with a dad and his kids that becomes important towards the end, but the vast majority of the drama is pretty family-free
  • Taereung National Village - A very rare kdrama that's pretty romance-focused, but has absolutely no meddling parents or grandparents!  Just young adults figuring out life and love, although it's less cheesy than I made it sound.  Also nice and short.
There are tons of movies that either don't have much focus on family or have more twisted families, so I'm sure someone will put together a better list than I can, but I would include Set Me Free in the twisted category.  It's kind of more or less about a kid trying to escape his family.