I'm loving it so far! Enrique acts like a child but I think that's just a front he puts up. Jin Rok is also very manly, secretly doing things for her and understanding her but also need to man up and stop being to jealous. All in all I love both. Yoon Shi Yoon is just amazing and Park Shin Hye is adorable!!! Only Do Hwi is annoying me! How can someone be so shameless and self centred?!
PrettyBrown_Eyes wrote: I'm loving it so far! Enrique acts like a child but I think that's just a front he puts up. Jin Rok is also very manly, secretly doing things for her and understanding her but also need to man up and stop being to jealous. All in all I love both. Yoon Shi Yoon is just amazing and Park Shin Hye is adorable!!!

Only Do Hwi is annoying me! How can someone be so shameless and self centred?!

You're right Cha Do Hwi is self-centered and horribly shameless, but she is absolutely hilarious while doing so. She is my favorite character so far. xD
sparklingangel wrote: Such a cool discussion!

I agree about Jin Rak having the opportunity to talk to Dok Mi long before Enrique came on the scene. He has this Rapunzel complex, of keeping her in a tower where he can worship her from afar. He's not dangerous by any means, and he really does like her, but for Dok Mi, that type of behavior from him is only harmful.

Then take Enrique. He gets her out of her apartment. He challenges her to try new things, to go on a trip with him, to even get frustrated with him and show some real emotions. He is very like a little kid, but that's a huge part of his charm. He's hurting too, and having Dok Mi there, giving him someone to talk to, and try to get out of their shell, it helps him.

Jin Rak doesn't understand that Dok Mi needs to be pushed to get over her fears. If it were up to him, he'd let her stay inside her cozy apartment and never come out. His gentleness is too gentle for her.

In this last episode, when Enrique marched down her hallway with that sneaky little grin on his face, I couldn't help smiling too, because I know he wants her to break out of that shell she's built and start participating in life again.

In that way, Enrique is far more aware of Dok Mi's needs than Jin Rak ever will be!

I have no idea if they'll end up as a couple, honestly. I hope they do! I'm rooting for them to live happily ever after because this drama has such a fairytale-like setting! But we'll just have to wait and see.

All I know is this is such an awesome drama! I'm so happy that my friend recommended it!

This!!! You've taken the words out of my head, lol.

Anyway, I ship Jin Rak and his manager. I love their repartee. It's a damn shame that Jin Rak can't even talk to Dok Mi like that...I like both guys, but I definitely think Enrique is better for Dok Mi. I'm like Dok Mi, and I would rather have an Enrique break me out of my cursed shell than a Jin Rak type. The Jin Rak type would be my best friend because he would allow me my space and not pressure me to open myself up much. An Enrique that is risk-taking is much more appealing to me. (Now if he were a mix of Enrique and Kim Boong Do, you would have my perfect man, lol).
yankumicho wrote: This!!! You've taken the words out of my head, lol.

Anyway, I ship Jin Rak and his manager. I love their repartee. It's a damn shame that Jin Rak can't even talk to Dok Mi like that...I like both guys, but I definitely think Enrique is better for Dok Mi. I'm like Dok Mi, and I would rather have an Enrique break me out of my cursed shell than a Jin Rak type. The Jin Rak type would be my best friend because he would allow me my space and not pressure me to open myself up much. An Enrique that is risk-taking is much more appealing to me. (Now if he were a mix of Enrique and Kim Boong Do, you would have my perfect man, lol).

I'd be so happy with an Enrique. Anyone with introverted tendencies really needs more of an extrovert in their match. You don't get much more extroverted than Enrique, which is why he appeals to me more than Jin Rak. I love that he gets her to try new things. That enthusiasm Enrique exudes is catching.

I'd TOTALLY forgotten about Jin Rak's manager! You're right, they would be a pretty good couple. We've got what, ten episodes left? There's still time.
Episode 7 English subs
you can change the quality of the video, up to 720p
I'm totally loving how much discussion is going on about Jin Rak vs Enrique Personally, I could never be in a relationship with a guy like Enrique. I'd probably end up sneaking sedatives into his food so that he'd calm down a little. For Dok Mi though, I think Enrique is a better fit for her than Jin Rak. Enrique pushes her to open up her world and live a little. When they went on their trip I loved how hard Enrique tried to get her to laugh. Even though Enrique's technique is really pushy, it is effective. I mean compared to when we first met her she's slowly becoming more open. Now when she gets frustrated and angry she'll let it out and yell at Enrique. I love watching her grow. I appreciate how Jin Rak leaves a post-it on the milk carton everyday. I know that's his way of trying to make her smile. At the same time I feel like Jin Rak is more like an older brother than a lover. He watches from a distance and tries to protect her from things that may make her feel uncomfortable. He also tries really hard to understand her and make her feel comfortable. Granted a lover can do the same thing, but I can't help but feel an "over protective older brother" vibe from this guy. I hope he'll grow more from this experience too and become more open with his feelings.
TheHugMonster wrote: I'm totally loving how much discussion is going on about Jin Rak vs Enrique

Personally, I could never be in a relationship with a guy like Enrique. I'd probably end up sneaking sedatives into his food so that he'd calm down a little.

*snort* I LOVE that sentiment! For me being an introvert, Enrique's energy is uplifting. An introvert, whenever possible, should marry an extrovert, and there's no one more extroverted than Enrique. That's why, like you, I hope Dok Mi and Enrique end up together. He's coming to some realizations about her that have me cheering. He is a lot younger though, so I get why that would be a factor. There's always a bit of discomfort getting involved with a younger man, or so I've heard.

If it were left up to Jin Rak, he would finally get around to confessing by the time they were both in their 40s. I love him, but he has no initiative and gets a little ticked when someone else does. He'll lose her if he keeps letting her slip away. At least Enrique doesn't let her get away with her introverted act.

She was so mean to him in this episode, though. It nearly made me cry! *sniffs*
I'm loving this drama! I'm for Enrique and Dok Mi all the way, they're perfect for each other! :3
Episode 8 Eng Subs YAY! (geez I keep stalking the websites and refreshing, I'm so anxious for the new eps to come out!)
Croire wrote: You're right Cha Do Hwi is self-centered and horribly shameless, but she is absolutely hilarious while doing so. She is my favorite character so far. xD

I have to agree with this one hundred percent (well, ninety percent, seeing as she isn't my absolute favorite). She is the classic example of a second lead female we are supposed to hate, but she pulls everything off in the most hilarious and absolutely shameless fashion, it doesn't annoy me like it seems to annoy almost everyone else I know who's watching this drama. I love her Jinrak-related schemes, her hair flips, and her Anthony-esque jackets.

And while I don't condone her bullying, at the time, she was a heartbroken teenager who was easily influenced by other forces and a feeling of betrayal. It would have made more sense for her to ask Dokmi if there was anything actually going on, sure, but that's not how things played out and instead she opted for the "you hurt me so I'm going to hurt you" route of revenge. She still feels like she was wronged. But it's telling, however, that she's kept pictures of her and Dokmi in her phone for who knows how long, same things goes for their box of memories. Her character makes me curious, and while I'm not necessarily looking for some kind of redemption arc (I like her as she is, sneaky and silly and crude and misguided), I'd like to watch the show peel away a few more of her 'onion layers'.
For me, Enrique Vs Jin Rak is totally cute Vs handsome.
CheerfulSoul wrote: For me, Enrique Vs Jin Rak is totally cute Vs handsome.

Totally agree with this!
icednoodles wrote: I have to agree with this one hundred percent (well, ninety percent, seeing as she isn't my absolute favorite). She is the classic example of a second lead female we are supposed to hate, but she pulls everything off in the most hilarious and absolutely shameless fashion, it doesn't annoy me like it seems to annoy almost everyone else I know who's watching this drama. I love her Jinrak-related schemes, her hair flips, and her Anthony-esque jackets.

And while I don't condone her bullying, at the time, she was a heartbroken teenager who was easily influenced by other forces and a feeling of betrayal. It would have made more sense for her to ask Dokmi if there was anything actually going on, sure, but that's not how things played out and instead she opted for the "you hurt me so I'm going to hurt you" route of revenge. She still feels like she was wronged. But it's telling, however, that she's kept pictures of her and Dokmi in her phone for who knows how long, same things goes for their box of memories. Her character makes me curious, and while I'm not necessarily looking for some kind of redemption arc (I like her as she is, sneaky and silly and crude and misguided), I'd like to watch the show peel away a few more of her 'onion layers'.

Yes, I agree, I have a little hope that Cha Do Hwi shows another side of her (partially because I have place in my heart for complex characters) but I would like to keep seeing her crude side.

Also actually I doubt that Dok Mi and Cha Do Hwi will reconcile. It seems a little unlikely with Dok Mi's personality and Do Hwi's saccharine attitude toward her.
Do-hwi is definitely the character I'm still the most curious about. We still don't know what is her purpose in chasing Jin-rak (and it's not because he likes Dok-mi; on Do-hwi's first scene she's talking about him, so she knows who he is and she had no idea Dok-mi was there too) - I'm thinking she knows he's from a Chaebol family, but why? Is she after his money? I was waiting for the drama to progress to see if we're getting answers on that front, but so far, we got next to nothing. I don't hate Do-hwi. Quite the contrary. She did hurt Dok-mi and her actions were questionable (some of them still are) but deep down, she knows their friendship meant a lot for both. I want her to develop on that front: to realize her bad doing and to try and make peace with Dok-mi. I don't want the drama to end with Do-hwi staying the same, while everyone goes through their journeys. I want something else for her rather than being a comic relief or a one-tone character. Other than that, I'm enjoying the drama a lot. Enrique and Dok-mi are adorable and I'm liking their storyline so far.