SHINee is a contemporary R&B South Korean male vocal group. Formed by SM Entertainment in 2008, they are a contemporary group that presents and takes the lead in music, dance, and fashion that fits the current trend. The name "SHINee" is a coined term that added the suffix "-ee" to the word "shine", to be interpreted as "the one who is in light." In this case, the light means spotlight, and it also reflects the team's great aspirations to attract a wide range of fans through pursuing various kinds of music regardless of region or generation. They made their debut on May 25, 2008 on SBS's Inkigayo with their promotional single, "Noona Neomu Yeppeo (Replay)" ("누나 너무 예뻐 (Replay)", lit. "Noona, You're So Pretty (Replay)"). The group consists of Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho and Taemin.

Since their debut, SHINee has released two full-length albums, three mini-albums, and various singles. They have also won many awards, held a concert tour and starred in their own reality shows. SHINee is considered to be a fashion icon having started the SHINee Trend. They made their Japanese debut on June 22, 2011 by releasing a Japanese version of their single, "Replay", followed by their first Japanese studio album, The First on December 7, 2011.

Members
[LIST]
[*]Lee Jinki (이진기), better known by his stage name Onew (온유) is the leader and the lead vocalist of the group. He was born in the city of Gwangmyeong, Gyeonggi-do on December 14, 1989 (age 22).
[*]Kim Jonghyun (김종현), commonly known as Jonghyun, is the main vocalist of the group.[70] He was born on April 8, 1990 (age 21) and raised in Seoul.
[*]Kim Kibum (김기범), better known by his stage name Key (키), is a vocalist, lead rapper, and lead dancer of the group. Also known as the "Almighty Key" due to his "triple threat" in singing, dancing, and rapping. He was born on September 23, 1991 (age 20) and raised in Daegu.
[*][U]Choi Minho[/URL] (최민호), commonly known as Minho, is the main rapper and sub-vocalist of the group. He was born on December 9, 1991 (age 20) and raised in Incheon.
[*]Lee Taemin (이태민), also known as Taemin, is the main dancer and a vocalist of the group. He was born on July 18, 1993 (age 18).
[/LIST]

Discography

Korean discography

Studio albums
[LIST]
[*]2008: The SHINee World
[*]2010: Lucifer
[/LIST]
Repackaged albums
[LIST]
[*]2008: A.MI.GO
[*]2010: Hello
[/LIST]
Extended plays
[LIST]
[*]2008: Replay
[*]2009: Romeo
[*]2009: 2009, Year of Us
[/LIST]
Promotion singles
[LIST]
[*]2008: Replay - Noona Neomu Yeppeo
[*]2008: Love Like Oxygen
[*]2008: A.MI.GO
[*]2009: Juliette
[*]2009: Ring Ding Dong
[*]2009: Jo Jo
[*]2010: Lucifer
[*]2010: Hello
[/LIST]

Japanese discography

Studio albums
[LIST]
[*]2011: The First
[/LIST]
Singles (Physical)
[LIST]
[*]2011: "Replay - Kimi Wa Boku No Everything"
[*]2011: "Juliette"
[*]2011: "Lucifer"
[/LIST]

My favorite songs are Quasimodo and Obsession, although I do like Lucifer and a few others.
PinkDiamond wrote: Please help with pronunciation because I've been wondering how to say it correctly.

Is it SHIN ee as it says above? Or is it SHINE-E which is a PinkDiamond generated pronunciation. When I see them I think, "OOOooo So Shiny!

I hear them say Shiny, so you are not wrong...lol

I just realized I posted the wrong vid...lol It was the one who had them presenting themselves just once...lol
I love me some SHINee.. especially like Quasimodo and wowowow or however its spelled.. lol
PinkDiamond wrote: Yep. Definitely Shiny! They have such bright personalities! Annonghaseyo SHINee imnida! LOL

LOL...Shinee was the group that got me interested in Kpop since after them I started looking for more music.
2011 MBC Gayo Daejun

I first learned about SHINee through the show Hello Baby. Then I started listening to their music and loved it. My favorite members are Minho and Jonghyun. Favorite songs are Ring Ding Dong, Lucifer, Hello, and my number one fave is Love Like Oxygen.
Favorite member: Onew Favorite song: Ring Ding Dong
christypop wrote: Favorite member: Onew
Favorite song: Ring Ding Dong

My favorite is Onew too and also JongHyun, and although Ring Ding Dong was the first song I heard because of Hello Baby, it's not my favorite.

Onew Condition

Hello baby Yoogeun dancing Ring Ding Dong

Onew Condition always has me in stitches.....always XD
This one never fails to crack me up

I heard of them through a friend and they were one of the first Kpop groups I started listening to, haha. I'm still in love with "Replay" and I learned all their names through watching Hello Baby :p Onew and his chicken make me laugh haha.

My favorite members are Jonghyun and Taemin (:

Quasimodo

Obsession