Sung Si Kyung 성시경 成始璄

thumb-1988231589_9Yt5NAhx_9d14eb0ef92455
Born:17 April 1979 
Origin:South Korea
Genres:Ballad
Occupation(s):Singer, Songwriter, Radio DJ, TV Host, Actor
Instruments:Vocals, piano
Years active:2000–present (official debut 2002)
Labels:Jellyfish Entertainment
LOEN Entertainment

Biography

Sung's undergraduate education (Bachelor of Arts in Sociology) took place at the Korea University, after which he received Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication from the same university. He has also appeared in a number of TV shows including Korean dramas (soap operas) and entertainment shows, gaining favorable response from the public. Sung enlisted in the Republic of Korea Army in 2008 and was honorably discharged in 2010. Sung's first comeback concert after the discharge attracted more than 6,000 fans from all over the country.

Music Career 

While at Korea University, Sung participated in an online singing competition and was awarded 1st place in the country. The winners of the song festival released a compilation album, from which his song “The Road that Leads to Me” became a major hit. Due to the popularity of the song, the compilation album sold nearly 100,000 copies, even though it was a promotional album. This helped Sung to attain stardom in November 2000.
Sung’s official debut was in 2001 when he released his first album, 처음처럼 (Like the First Time). Mainly consisting of ballads, his debut album contained three hits and made him the best newcomer singer of the year. Participating as a guest singer on You Hee-yeol’s album also contributed to his rising popularity. His second album released in 2002 was also a success, selling more than 650,000 copies. He continued to release album after album, averaging about one a year. Sung currently has released 7 full albums - 5 are traditional ballad/pop albums, a "remake" album and a "special" album called "Try to Remember." He also released a "Best of" album in Japan which included his first Japanese title. His sixth and final pre-army was released in 2008. in September 2011, he made his comeback to the music industry with his seventh album. The album's title song "The First Time" is a sweet and delicate ballad that was also released earlier in the year as a digital single. He decided to produce and release a regular album instead of a mini or a single to express his appreciation for his fans that had waited so long. The album consists of 12 songs composed by singer-songwriters Yoon Sang, Kim Hyun-Chul and Kang Seung-won. It also features a duet with Lena Park and IU. Also included is the Secret Garden OST theme song, "You're My Spring". Sung's comeback track "난 좋아" (Even Now) released on his 7th album debuted at number 5 on Billboard's Korea K-Pop Hot 100 for the week of 22 September.

Albums

1 Like The First Time

Released: April 4, 2001
Label: Dream Music, Universal Music
24328-andltahrefhttpwwwjpo-whxo.jpg

2 Melodie D'Armour

Released: July 19, 2002
Label: Doremi Media
COVER.PNG

2.5 Try To Remember

Released: May 27, 2003
Label: CJ E&M Music and Liv
19755.jpg

3 Double Life; The Other Side

Released: October 16, 2003
Label: Mutu Entertainment, Yejeon Media
COVER.PNG?resize=350%2C200

4 I Want To Dream Again

Released: April 7, 2005
Label: Mutu Entertainment, Yejeon Media
s-l1000.jpg

5 The Ballads

Released: October 10, 2006
Label: Jelowon Interactive, YBM Seoul Records
144918_1_f.jpg

5.5 Best Of Album- The Best Of Sung Si Kyung

Released: November 22, 2006
--

6 Here In My Heart

Released: November 24, 2008
Label:Jellyfish Entertainment, YBM Seoul Records
cover1.jpg

7 First

Released: September 15, 2011
Label:Jellyfish Entertainment, LOEN Entertainment
20110915_sungshikyung.jpg

Remake Albums

1 The blue night of Jeju Island
Released: May 20, 2004
Label: YBM Seoul Records

2 Sung Si Kyung Remake Album - Winter Wonderland
Released: December 8, 2014
Publisher: CJ E&M

Single Albums

1 Parting once again

Released: October 19, 2007
Label: Jellyfish Entertainment, YBM Seoul Records

Collaboration Albums

1 Kim Hyung-Suk WITH FRIENDS
Released: April 14, 2006
Singer : Sung Si Kyung
Song:I Believe

2 Toy 6th 'Thank You
Released: December 3, 2007
Singer : Sung Si Kyung
Song:딸에게 보내는 노래(The song for my daughter)

3 Jelly Christmas 2011
Released: December 2, 2011
Singer : Jelly Fish Singers (Sung Si Kyung, Brian Joo, Seo In-guk, Park Hak Ki, Park Jang Hyun, Hwang Project)
Song:Everyone Christmas

4 Psy 6 (Six Rules), Part 1
Released: July 15, 2012
Singer : Psy ft Sung Si Kyung
Song:뜨거운 안녕 (Passionate Goodbye)

5 Jelly Christmas 2012 Heart Project
Released: December 6, 2012
Singer : Jelly Fish Singers (Sung Si Kyung, Park Hyo-shin, Seo In-guk, Lee Seok Hoon, VIXX)
Song:Because It's Christmas

6 2013 월간 윤종신 Repair 2월호
2013 Yoon Jong-shin Monthly Project Repair February
Released: 5 February 2013
Singer : Yoon Jong-shin ft Sung Si Kyung
Song:내일 할 일(Things To Do Tomorrow)

7 Jelly Christmas 2013
Released: 10 December 2013

Singer :Jelly Fish Singers (Sung Si Kyung, Park Hyo-shin, Seo In-guk, VIXX, Mysterious Sister)
Song:Winter Propose

8 Toy 7th ‘Da Capo’
Released: 18 November 2014
Singer :Sung Si Kyung
Song:세 사람 (Three People)

SSK banjun playlist (youtube)

Soz the font is a lil glitched but I hope you dont mind ^_^

my ssk ig fanpage: https://www.instagram.com/kmjssk/

some gifs/pics so pls enjoy

but for some reason i cant put the gifs up :/ so ill just put the links up :/ soz

SSK even now mv

SSK with a pup

SSK his gaze tho omg

SSK fangirling

SSK wink ;)

SSK join me 

btw i will be uploading more gifs so si kyungie oppa on my giphy account which is where the links lead to :) thx 

omg! a post about SSK ahh ;;
He's also released an English cover album of Christmas songs! (with amazing English)

ik  his voice is heavenly :) ^^ ive been waiting for a [discussion] on ssk on mdl for more than a yr now :/ i was sick of waiting so i made 1 myself XD 
His voice melts me every time... 
^ relatable af! i listen to his songs in class...listening to on the street while on the street...  and i listen to music when i sleep n its his XD basically i listen to his music anywhere and everywhere and all the time
I'm glad you made one! He's one of my favorite singers ahhh~

his duet with IU deserves a video on here lol..

here's a list of some of his OSTs:

Legend of The Blue Sea: Somewhere, Someday

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds: Fondly, Goodbye

My Love From Another Star: Every Moment of You

Reply 1994: To You (cover of Seo Taiji and Boys)

Secret Garden: You Are My Spring

The World That They Live In: Love Love

Ohlala Couple: The Place That I'll Live

Scent of Love: Hui Jae
(I didn't know this was an OST song omg)

A Thousand Days' Promise: One Love
My Beautiful Girl, Mari: The Girl In My Mind

More heavenly songs....

Hello My Love

그대 내맘에 들어오면은 

Anywhere

The Season Returns (also was used in drama Spring Waltz)

It's You (feat. IU)
Sung Si Kyung is really well known for his saying "잘자요" (sleep well) as the closing of every one of his radio shows. He hosted "FM Music City, This is Sung Si Kyung" for three years.

So I recently was able to find all of another singer's radio shows, so I tried my luck with SSK, and was able to find them all! In case you guys are as insane as me able to understand enough Korean and want more of Sung Si Kyung, here are the radio shows!

FM음악도시 성시경입니다 (from beginning to 2013 broadcasts)
FM음악도시 성시경입니다 (from 12.08.08 to end)
^ yay thx cuz i couldnt rly find the radio shows
May 27th @ Seoul (Yonsei University Outdoor Theater)
performing 바람기억
I really like this performance that oppa did 
from back in 2014

new post on IG~~ updated daily

IG post