Welcome to the discussion board for episode 9!

So what did you guys think of that (forced) kiss? I mean, I was really waiting for a SoSoo kiss but in that manner?! No thanks. *sigh* I don't know why they put that in the script :(
Not cool at all!!  I was very disappointed when I saw that forced kiss.    I was like  " not that way, prince So".. Force yourself on a woman is always a no-no for me" Cause is only demonstrate that a man wanted to dominate a woman physically and that's a no-no for me always!!!! 
Wang so could probably have misinterpreted Haesoo caring and helping him that she liked him. In ep 8 the way she touched his scar/face was not an appropriate touch for a young palace maid to a male prince. Go ha Jin handling her relationship with the princes like a 21 century modern woman is whats causing alot of misunderstanding and mixed signals. She needs to follow the lead of the other maids in how to deal with them.
@NatashaThompson --- I agree with you .... Wang So has certainly misunderstood Hae Soo and believes she likes him... the concept of male-female platonic friendships didn't exist at the time.... Also, in the original, Ruoxi did not express her fear, instead was extra nice to 4th prince, treated him special, not wanting to make a bad impression (since she knows he'll be future emperor)... 4th prince  misunderstood and thought she liked him.
Hae Soo went beyond being nice, she intruded on him, she sought him out and helped him more than once.  Touching his face is a big deal.
At this point, Wang So must be very confused, not only w/ his own feelings, but also about Hae Soo's feelings and intentions.
Just let it go. Why so overworked with that kiss scene? All the bad guys inside the jail, most of them have dysfunctional family. When you are raised like that, abused (SO has been abused by kang clan) and unloved, you will act like a psycho especially when someone that said he/she trust u suddenly talk the opposite for just a day. It's like u get backstabbed, if u are raised properly by good family, of course u will just accept it and let it go. But if u are full of anger, sadness, unhappiness, shame, etc, u guess what will u do? Of course it's a big no to do that kind of thing in our point of view. But that's the reason why SO did it, so that we know he is not properly taught since he was kid, he is not someone with a good manner since nobody cares about him let alone teach him about manners. He is just the person like that, just accept it. Someone who is so desperate for love and can kill for love. (Just like what he did, massacre the monks for his mother). Yes, he is not a saint, his character is supposed to be like that, ruthless, cold blooded king. Who knows why soo will like him eventually? I will just continue watching the drama, a lead character does not always have to be so perfect. I watched dream high before and hated hyemi character so much but she improves and learn about her wrong action eventually so i like it. So i think he will learn something later. Who knows? The show is not even finished yet.
@VandaLimbata ... Now that u mention it.... I din't hear such an uproar when he massacred all those monks, just to get his mother's approval??? 
So a forced kiss must be a lot worse than mass killing.
@NatashaThompson @VandaLimbata Ohh, I see. I don't know, I just felt that way because a person's consent always matters to me. But you both have good points though. So could be really unfamiliar with the concept of love so he just acted the way he feels like he's supposed to.
Actually I've write quite long crap and it got deleted because I'm so stupid

Okay. First of all, the forced kiss is not that bad, people. Actually it is a very clever one. And maybe one of the smartest plot the writer can give us. That kiss showed us how much So longed over love. And How much So really need Haesoo and believing that she is his. But at the same time, that kiss also showed us (as a 21st century audience) the fear Haesoo felt over the ruthless-future-gwangjong. We could see both point of view, and that is smart! 

I know, so many people making a ruckus over the kiss because people expect So-Soo relationship would be a pure and romantic story. And everyone must be in a shock because their story started with forced kiss. But we never know what will happen ahead. And we never know in what way Haesoo would fall over So (since we know they are the main couple). So why don't we wait until they did their actual kiss ^^ So and Wook loves Haesoo. And they showed it in a very different way. The forced kiss prove it. And I like it. People disappointed so much and said that So-Soo ship is sinking. But not for me :)))

MY SHIP SAIL!!!

asxha.jpg