So I just finished The Liar Game. It was wonderful, but there wasn't enough romance!

Can anyone recommend a romance/melodrama where the guy protects the girl?

More examples: That Winter, The Wind Blows,  Innocent Man, City Hunter, Healer

(Any country is fine btw)

Thank you!

MARS
Wonderfully romantic and emotional, with a good dose of mystery and suspense.  And it has a gorgeous, sexy, protective male lead.  :D  The best place I've found to watch/download it is at DramaFire.  The quality is... not that great, but those are a slightly larger resolution, and a tiny bit better quality than the other versions/uploads that are out there.  (I've been searching for a good quality version for years, with absolutely no luck...)  However, even though DramaFire seems to have the best quality, almost every episode has the last 20 seconds or so cut off (no idea why they did that...).  But it looks like they've tacked the missing ends onto the beginning of each subsequent episode.

Cruel Romance
I haven't watched this one yet because it's not fully subbed, but from the description it sounds like it fits your request perfectly.  :)
Maybe try Missing You.  It's a romantic melodrama and the guy is somewhat protective of the girl.
he's so protective in missing you, that he let her [spoiler] to be raped, when he escaped like a rat  [/spoiler] lmao
Boss and Me--Chinese drama where a CEO guy falls for a secretary, and does his darnest to woo her. She's that stubborn "I can do it myself type" (apparently) so she resists a little, but he's always trying to take care of her.

Faith--Korean drama where the captain of the king's guard goes into the future and kidnaps a female doctor to save the queen. He's very protective of her!

I Hear Your Voice--Kdrama, young man protects a lawyer against a crazy psychopath bent on killing her. This is a noona romance, and for me it took some getting used to but DAYYUUMMM he's cute. And protective.

Pinocchio--Similar to above but with reporters, and they are the same age

Queen In-Hyun's Man--Kdrama, guy from the past accidentally gets pulled into the future, and can kind of go back and forth. He doesn't have to protect the girl from a whole lot danger wise, but boy is he the most romantic, protective, hot stud of a character. LOVE their romance. Good kisses too.

My Love From the Stars--Obviously if you haven't seen this one yet, you have to. I find it unlikely that ANYONE hasn't seen this one, but just in case. Yes lots of protecting, and its fabulous.

I still have "Healer" hang over myself. That drama was fantabulous with all the protecting and stuff. Sigh. I might just have to watch it again since I don't think there are many comparable ones!