i'm not looking for anything plot wise (except there should be romance it doesn't matter if the male character doesn't end up with the girl as long as he appears often enough) but just a drama with a character that is cute/cheesy/lovely but i don't mean cute/lovely physically but in the way the character acts but i dont mean cute/cheesy in an extreme/overbearing way. ie choi min woo in mask, go bok dong in angry mom, dok go jin in the greatest love, baek seung chan in the producers (not the best example but similar to baek seung chan's character just without the awkwardness/goofiness)

tytyty in advance! ♡
Falling for innocents, the male lead has his very cheesy, lovable moments! Such a good drama as well, I definitely recommend.  
The ones that come to mind are Sungkyunkwan Scandal , Ex- Girlfriend Club, Gu Family Book, Secret Love Affair, Kimi Wa Petto, In Time with You and Coffee Prince. Not sure if they are your kind of cute but they are certainly mine. Sungkyunkwan Scandal is cute x 3. 
Hope these work for you: 
Marriage Not Dating
City Hall
Down With Love
Hana Kimi
Flower Boy Next Door
Devil Beside You
Atashinichi no Danshi
i've seen some of these but there are several i haven't watched yet. thanks somuch i'll try to watch at least one episode if i haven't already!
Cunning single lady
Angel eyes
Waking love up
cuz it's jst wow. My fav drama ever. My otp. My everything!!
i thought Officer Choi from "the girl who sees scents" and Gong Ki Tae in "marriage not dating" were cheesy and cute.
Ji Eun Ho from My Love Eundong is a bit cheesy/cute sometimes. But more intense, maybe. 
Jeremy in You are Beautiful ♡ (3rd lead but a main char) 
the OT3 in Mary Stayed Out All Night ♡ (because SQUEE) 
"Onion-Pillar-Panda" of Flower Boy Ramen Shop ♡ (2nd lead) 
NaiTe in Absolute Boyfriend ♡ (main lead) 
JunGu in Playful Kiss (2nd lead) 
JoonHee in Heartstrings (minor char but so precious!) 
Joo Sang Wook in Masked Prosecutor was quite romantic in his strange and dorky way
The Prince in Prince of Lan Ling was cheesy, and really really in love. Ep 1-20 was the best. After that, the love sickness sort of recedes and the plot takes over.
Ok, I'm not that sure how much 'cheese' you can take but I'll just name a few.

Taiwanese:
- Smiling Pasta (2006) the main couple was really cute and cheesy but the drama is pretty old.
- Prince turns to frog (2005) this is the original story of 'waking up love' suggested by @shelly since that one was a remake of this one. The drama is old but I consider it a classic. There were cute and cheesy moments by the main lead throughout the drama. 
- Fondant Garden (2012) The main guy for this drama was acted out by a korean. Overall it was a really cute and happy drama and the guy was very cheerful.
- Pleasantly Surprised (2014) the main guy in here was very cute and did cheesy things. You'll defs like this one. 
- My lucky star (2007) this one is one of my personal favourites, the whole drama had a lot of plot twists and stuff but when they're together the dude was pretty cheesy in a bearable way. He did a lot of 'surprises' for the girl. 

Korean ones: people already suggested them and I can't think of anymore. :)

Chinese:
- Boss and me (2014): the main couple was extremely cute together though I don't know if that fits ur category. The main lead did do cute acts throughout the drama. 
- Legend of Fragrance (2015): the main guy in here was defs the cute type and he did many cute/cheesy acts for the girl since he really likes her but the whole drama was very plot oriented and especially in the second half it gets angsty with many problems. Also its set in the war post-modern time period. 
- Perfect couple (2014): chinese historical romance drama, at first the main guys might seem cold but once they fall in love he does many cute and cheesy acts. Quite an enjoyable drama.