May 12, 2012 11:05 AM
fykimchii - 76 Posts
Hello. sorry this is my first post on here, so im not sure how it works, so apologies in advance. Right now i have nothing to watch and it seems like i watched all korean dramas out there, so im stuck. and i really want to start a new series. So i was wondering if you would recommend historical or time travel dramas that has an interesting plot. and most important a strong female character.. sorry i just cant stand weak female characters in my drama. I dont mind dramas that are tear jerking as well (i actually love them!) So historical/time travel dramas i've watch/ currently watching -Queen Seon Duk -Queen In Hyun's Man -Startled by Each step (chinese) - Rooftop Prince -Thousand years of love - Delightful girl, chong hyang It'll be great if someone recommend me more dramas. -Cheers
May 12, 2012 11:05 AM
fykimchii - 76 Posts
omg so embarrassing i spelled historical wrong missing the letter L and i dont know how to fix it :s
May 12, 2012 11:05 AM
travis - 3122 Posts
Not really time-travel but Sungkyunkwan Scandal and Hong Gil Dong have a more modern feel for a historical drama. I also liked Chuno.
May 12, 2012 11:05 AM
Sleepninja - 16222 Posts
Jin and Time Slip Dr. Jin

Goong is modern times with a historical twist. It depicts what life would be like if Korean royalty were still in power.
May 12, 2012 11:05 AM
soracantabile - 801 Posts
not really watch sageuk drama,,but I also watched - Hwang Jin Yi - Dae Jang Geum and those are great.. for time travel drama,,there are 2 upcoming kdramas about time traveling.. - Time slip Dr. Jin - Faith
May 12, 2012 11:05 AM
Ari_Lee - 13673 Posts
Is your list up to date? I wouldn't want to recommend something you have already seen.

Also, we have a section for this type of threads. :) Here's the link: http://mydramalist.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?53-Recommendation-Forum

I'll ask the admin to move it there now, so if you can't find it in this area, you can look there. And welcome to MDL. :D
May 12, 2012 12:05 PM
fykimchii - 76 Posts
LisNoir wrote: Is your list up to date? I wouldn't want to recommend something you have already seen.

Also, we have a section for this type of threads. :) Here's the link: http://mydramalist.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?53-Recommendation-Forum

I'll ask the admin to move it there now, so if you can't find it in this area, you can look there. And welcome to MDL. :D



That'll be great if this can be moved, thank you! Still need to get my way around hehe (newbie right here). And no, my list is not up-to-date, just made this account today, there are so many dramas that need to be put up that its overwhelming me. But i haven't watch that many historical dramas so it should be fine. :)
May 12, 2012 12:05 PM
Skye-N-Rain - 6305 Posts
Moved :)
May 12, 2012 12:05 PM
Ari_Lee - 13673 Posts
Fashionqueen wrote: That'll be great if this can be moved, thank you! Still need to get my way around hehe (newbie right here). And no, my list is not up-to-date, just made this account today, there are so many dramas that need to be put up that its overwhelming me. But i haven't watch that many historical dramas so it should be fine. :)


Ah ok. Then, have you watched The Princess' Man? It's historical. And it's very good.

I'm also watching Soldier. It's also a saeguk, it has 50 episodes and it's still airing. The female lead is a smart, capable & strong woman (I find her a little annoying though)
May 12, 2012 12:05 PM
Ari_Lee - 13673 Posts
Skye-N-Rain wrote: Moved :)


Thanks Skyekeiku.
May 19, 2012 08:05 PM
bakakokoro - 284 Posts
Fashionqueen wrote: Hello. sorry this is my first post on here, so im not sure how it works, so apologies in advance.

Right now i have nothing to watch and it seems like i watched all korean dramas out there, so im stuck. and i really want to start a new series. So i was wondering if you would recommend historical or time travel dramas that has an interesting plot. and most important a strong female character.. sorry i just cant stand weak female characters in my drama. I dont mind dramas that are tear jerking as well (i actually love them!)

So historical/time travel dramas i've watch/ currently watching
-Queen Seon Duk
-Queen In Hyun's Man
-Startled by Each step (chinese)
- Rooftop Prince
-Thousand years of love
- Delightful girl, chong hyang

It'll be great if someone recommend me more dramas.
-Cheers


These are some that I watched and enjoyed :)
Hope they help

seriuos -
Chuno (K)
Damo(K)

fun/dorky -
My Bratty Princess(C)
My Bratty Princess Spinoff(C)
Legend of Hyang Dan(K)
Sungkyunkwan Scandal(K)

kind of a mix - really liked this one -
The Painter of the Wind(K)
May 19, 2012 09:05 PM
phoenixtearz9 - 981 Posts
A Deep Rooted tree- It's way better than I had anticipated when I started watching it, it's more male dominated, but I don't recall a "weak" woman.. Warrior Baek Dong Soo-(I think i spelled that right) There is your classic damsel, but there are also a couple strong female's. I would say watch Chuno, but I find that the female in that one is a bit to much on the weak side for my taste's, so would more than likely be for you too.
May 19, 2012 10:05 PM
Ari_Lee - 13673 Posts
phoenixtearz9 wrote: A Deep Rooted tree- It's way better than I had anticipated when I started watching it, it's more male dominated, but I don't recall a "weak" woman...


That's a good drama and I actually liked the main girl. She wasn't weak and didn't just cried the whole time without doing anything.
May 19, 2012 11:05 PM
NinaJade82 - 798 Posts
Hi there fashionqueen :) (lol I made a mistake with the name, sorry. It has been fixed now.)

All the time travel dramas with a historical theme that I know have been mentioned, so that leaves me with one more drama.

- NEXT (here is the MDL link http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/2928/next)

Its a drama about fate. It has four eras, two historical, and two modern; the four main characters keep meeting on all the different lives.

And I agree with A Tree With Deep Root being a great drama. It's my favorite historical drama :)
Oct 5, 2012 05:10 PM
Kyasarin - 22 Posts

I don't of this thread close but I was just wondering ~ Is there is a Historica/Time-Travel drama where the girl time travels??