I have been getting into Japanese dramas, so i was wondering if some one could recommend me one that is either Romance or a ROM-COM. It would be nice if the drama had a hot/cute boy in it, as a main character or active character. Also It could be shounen ai/yaoi (boy X boy) It doesn't matter to me. I hope you will help me >.<
With Love, is a really nice Jdrama. Its very romantic, and the main lead actor was very young at the time of the drama. He is gorgeous. Here is the link to the drama. http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/1408/with-love
here's my recommendation.... Nodame Cantabile Densha Otoko Tatta Hitotsu no Koi Hotaru no Hikari 1 & 2 Kimi wa Petto Love Shuffle Otomen Mei-chan no Shitsuji Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
ah,,with love...because of that drama, i made hundreds of teruterubozu for decoration on an event.. (not only me, actually...me and my friends..lol)

for romance, i recommend
tatta hitotsu no koi
pride
anego
kimi wa petto
nagareboshi

for romcom,,i like atashinchi no danshi
and watch hotaru no hikari and nodame cantabile is a must..
love shuffle also great
Nagareboshi was also a really good drama with Takenouchi :) I love the actor, he has that romantic look always. I still think With Love is such a beautiful romantic drama... and I also did a teruterubozu, also, haha, and this is a bit dorky, I call my boyfriend "bozu" sometimes lol.
yeah,, it think romance with takenouchi is a must watch drama..
his look is really something...and his voice is beyond something..lol
ah..i also love his currently airing drama, mou ichido kimi ni, propose..and since it's also a romantic drama, i also recommend it :D
soracantabile wrote: yeah,, it think romance with takenouchi is a must watch drama..
his look is really something...and his voice is beyond something..lol
ah..i also love his currently airing drama, mou ichido kimi ni, propose..and since it's also a romantic drama, i also recommend it :D

Agree with everything said. Im on episode 2 of that drama, loving it. It has such a Nagareboshi feel to it. :)
I support the calls for Pride, Nagareboshi and Love Shiffle, great stuff. I also support hotaru no hikari for a romcon, it;s a pretty cute drama. You may try Boku no Star to nichi as well. It's a Jap-Korean project and it's pretty entertaining all in all kind of like Notting Hill. But there is one more drama which is like Notting Hill and it;s called Star no Koi and it's a bit older. If you;re into Notting Hill you may ant to check these out. With Love sounds worth checking out. it;s on my forever PLAN to watch lists hahah.... Both Kimutaku and Takenouchi make for some of my absolute favourite romantic leads in a drama...:dreamy. And you will likely never get disappointed with Takenouchi :more dreamy: Also.. With Ayase Haruka there is a pretty good drama I would also add to the list: Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
I agree with all the above suggestions as I have seen most of them. I wanted to add a really famous drama with Kimutaku called Long Vacation, it's a classic, he is absolutely gorgeous in it and it is a must as a Lovecom even if it is rather old.
i would say buzzer beat as well even though it is more focused on the sport it has lots of romance
We have a forum for this sort of thread: http://mydramalist.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?53-Recommendation-Forum Please make any future threads of this type there. :)

And I would recommend Nagareboshi. It's one of the few that I've watched that can be called romance, but it's not romance like in Kdramas. It's very, very, very subtle.
I agree with Kimi wa petto, Love Shuffle and tatta hitotsu no koi (this one in overwhelming love story! ) I add Lunch Queen, Proposal Daisakusen, Tokyo Tower (movie), Zenkai Girl (this one is a nice heartwarming story) Long vacation was a nice drama too... as other said too anything with Kimura Takuya worth a try.
I guess I'm going to repeat everything said here... Pride ~ My very favorite romantic Jdrama. It is so smartly written, well acted and romantic. The Queen soundtrack rocks as well. SO GOOD!!! Buzzer Beat ~ Sweet, very cute and Yamapi is darling hot. Nodame Cantabile ~ There is a lot going on in this series, it is based on a manga and has comic book elements in it's slapstick humor but the underlying romance that develops and the way this series and characters grow will surprise you. It is actually very romantic at the end of the day. Tatta Hitotsu no Koi ~ A more dramatic and intense kind of love story but very very well done. This was my first Jdrama and I am glad it was. I hope you find something you like!!
Just watched Strawberry on the Shortcake and it was a GREAT romance. I highly recommend it. I also recommend Pride Nagareboshi Buzzer Beat Innocent Love Love Shuffle Orange Days Proposal Daisakusen First Kiss Ikemen Desu Ne Utahime Densha Otoko Boku to Star no 99 nichi Long Love Letter Q10 Hungry (less romance but still really good) Sillier Rom-coms Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Hana Yori Dango Hana Kimi Nodame Cantabile Mei-chan no Shitsuji Zettai Kareshi One Pound Gospel Sengyou Shufu Tantei Ouran Highschool Host Club