I've seen a few: Life is Beautiful Last Friends Crystal Boys Tumbling and Cleopatra Na Onnatachi Anybody know of any others? (dramas, not movies)
Hmm I know there are a few, but can't think of them at the moment. There is a loakron (Thai drama) that has a few gay men in it. They play important roles in the story. The name of the drama is Namtan Mai (Burnt Sugar).
Thanks! I never really watch Thai dramas, so I never would have found that. :)
AThirteenBox wrote: Thanks! I never really watch Thai dramas, so I never would have found that. :)

I googled and I think there's one called "Yes and No"?

Btw, I had to search for LGBT on urbandictionary and I hope I got the right translation.

Mendol! :D
Sorry I had to. I think Gloomy Salad Days has at least one episode focusing on a homosexual relationship and then there's Daughters of Club Bilitis which caused some ruckus in Korea last year.
I think it's rather difficult to find Asian dramas featuring LGBT characters or at least it's my impression since I've never looked for one. Good luck!
AThirteenBox wrote: Thanks! I never really watch Thai dramas, so I never would have found that. :)

They're really good! So full of drama. lol
Thank you for the suggestions. You're right that it is pretty rare, but I think that, fortunately, it is becoming more socially acceptable everywhere in the world. By the way LGBT stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (though I'm sure that's what it said on Urbandictionary)
In Lee Min Ho's drama "Personal Taste" http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/19/personal-taste Director Choi is a gay character, played by Ryu Seung Rong. I really liked this portrayal, as it was more serious and not stereotypical/comical.
off the top of my head: -last friends -love shuffle i have only seen this handled respectfully in japanese dramas but never in korean dramas* *the drama 'personal taste' does not count as the main character was not actually gay. could not believe that a guy "pretending" to be gay to get insider info on a house was an actual premise for a television show (stereotypes and all) when there are lgbt people in korea who are harassed to the point of suicide (kim ji hoo) and live under the threat of being outed.
catchlight wrote: In Lee Min Ho's drama "Personal Taste" http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/19/personal-taste Director Choi is a gay character, played by Ryu Seung Rong. I really liked this portrayal, as it was more serious and not stereotypical/comical.

director choi was the only one i felt awful for in that drama as his feelings were cruely played on by all of these awful people hahah
Oh! I didn't know Personal Taste had any actual gay characters!
xnopex wrote: off the top of my head:
-last friends
-love shuffle

i have only seen this handled respectfully in japanese dramas but never in korean dramas*

*the drama 'personal taste' does not count as the main character was not actually gay. could not believe that a guy "pretending" to be gay to get insider info on a house was an actual premise for a television show (stereotypes and all) when there are lgbt people in korea who are harassed to the point of suicide (kim ji hoo) and live under the threat of being outed.

Have you seen Life is Beautiful? It featured a homosexual couple as main characters and I thought it was really well done.
i guess we can throw dousoukai into this too.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Dousoukai
i have not! i'll add it to my list! one korean movie that features gay characters and was amazingly done was 'no regrets'. i think you can still find it streaming but it was so well done! king and the clown was well done too. i wish korean dramas would take chances with that sort of stuff but i'll keep waiting. :-/
Definitely do! It's a long one (something like 60 episodes) but it's great. Sadly, I think Dousoukai is one of those old dramas I'll never be able to find subbed. :(
Anyone who hasn't seen Antique (Korean Movie) should. Kim Jae Wook plays a gay character, and his portrayal is amazing. Yoo Ah In is in this movie too!!!