So, I'm making some lists with tropes that i enjoy and thought maybe you guys can help me to fill them up some more. (It doesn't matter if a title is on my watched/on-hold/ptw/dropped lists)

1. Self-sacrifice / noble sacrifice
Basically looking for movies/drama where the protagonist puts himself in the harm's way either to protect a person/people he loves or for a greater cause. 
Examples: 
a) hero knows that it's a trap, yet proceeds with the plan and get caught (<---- important)
b) hero exchanges his life for somebody else's life.
c) hero knows that what he is about to do will cost him his life, but does it anyways.
it's fine if  the hero gets out of the situation eventually, but not unscratched.

2. Bromance
This one is self-explanatory, i think: any movie/drama that has strong bond between males and where this bond is an important part of the story.

3. Noona Romance
Anything with older female + younger male romance plot line, BUT the female has to act as a mature person, not air-headed, awkward little girl trapped in a body of a woman and the gap should be obvious (ie there should be an actual age gap between actors).

4. Sticky situation overload
I'm looking for something like Lobbyist and Time Between Dog and Wolf where the protagonist goes through a lot (can't stress it enough, just imagine bad things happening left and right, not just in 1-2 episodes, and protagonists is either being reduced to bloody mess or put in a state of severe mental strain, or both). 

edit: to make things more clear for this last category. Sticky situation overload is when (all should apply):

1. Through the series of events hero life sucks to the point where one starts to wonder where he will get a break, but the hero stoically endures and the viewer is worried whenever things will end well. 
2. Hero is dragged into many situations where he risks and endures great bodily or/and mental harm. Should happen many times not just once (every sageuk in existence seems to have one episode that involves being thrown to prison and tortured, I'm talking about more than a one time thing).
3. There is angst! Angst and manly tears are important. I'm a bit wary of melodramas because it easy to get to the point of things being ridiculous, so it is a fine balance here.
4. The hero is stoic, self-sacrificing, loyal to a fault type.

Thanks!

Noona Romance
- I hear your voice (definitely a must watch!)
Bromance
- Warrior Baek Dong Soo
Sticky Situation
- Iljimae & Return of Iljimae (they are different dramas so you can watch one of them without watching the either)
- Healer (one of my fave!)
sticky situation: the one that came IMMEDIATELY into my mind is Two Weeks!!!!!
Noona Romance:
I hear Your Voice
Witch's Romance

Sticky Situation:
Story of a Man/Slingshot?
Thank you, guys, so much!

@naccu -Yes! how could I forget about Two Weeks! Added.

@xxATxx - Added Warrior Baek Dong Soo and Iljimae.  I've seen some of I hear your voice, so far Park Soo Ha comes off as the more mature one, putting it on reserve. I love Healer to bits and while Jung Hoo is a scarred hero, the plot around him never reaches the extremes of Lobbyist , Time Between Dog and Wolf or even Iljimae.

@prettytin - Witch's Romance from reviews etc. looks exactly what I'm looking for, haven't watched it, but adding it. Adding Slingshot too.

Still looking for  more suggestions!

Noona romance - 
+ Bubblegum (tvN) [2015] two supporting characters have a cute romance going on.
+ I Hear Your Voice (SBS) [2013]
+ High School King of Savvy (tvN) [2014]
+ I Need Romance 3 (tvN) [2014]
+ Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (tvN) [2011]
+ The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry (MBC) [2010]
+ Oh My Lady (SBS) [2010]
+ Dal Ja's Spring (KBS2) [2007]
+ What's Up Fox? (MBC) [2006]
+ Old Miss Diary (Movie) [2006] 
+ Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy (SBS) [2005]
JDrama -
+ Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu (2014)
+ Last Cinderella (2013)
+ Kimi wa Petto (2003)
+ Long Vacation (1996)

Self-sacrifice / noble sacrifice -

+ Kill Me, Heal Me (MBC) [2015]
+ Mask (SBS) [2015] - female lead
+ Healer (KBS2) [2014]
+ Secret (SBS) [2013] - female lead is the one sacrificing
+ Gaksital (KBS2) [2012]
+ City Hunter (SBS) [2011]
+ Ahjussi (Movie) [2010]
+ Rurouni Kenshin [2012] (Japanese Movie) - All three movies in the trilogy

Bromance - 
+ Shut Up: Flower Boy Band (tvN) [2012]
+ Friend, Our Legend [2009]
+ Reply 1997 (tvN) [2012]
+ Reply 1994 (tvN) [2013] - I love this show to bits (I related more to this, than the previous instalment because of my age)
+ King2Hearts (MBC) [2012] - prepare tissues!
+ Dream High (KBS2) [2011]
I'll be back to add some more later and do the last list.
Are you only looking for K-dramas or do you watch J-dramas and C-dramas etc. as well? I'll just write down the country next to the drama, so you can pick the ones you are interested in ;)

Since I'm a sucker for a good bromance, I can give you a few:

Cheer Up! (K) - the one that's recently finished
Nirvana in Fire (C)
Scarlet Heart (C) - some of the princes have it going^^ 
Yi San (K)
Battery (J)
Panda and Hedgehog (K)
Sungkyunkwan Scandal (K)
Lanling Wang (C) - main hero and his brother, so that would be literal "bromance" 
The Three Musketeers (K)
Jumong (K) - really, most historical dramas got bromance in it
Moon River (T)
Shut Up Flower Boy Band (K)
The Kingdom of the Winds (K)

... there are so many, I just picked a few

I don't like noona-romances and I can't think of any that fit the other tropes at the momemt (maybe I'll edit later if something comes to mind)

@crimsonskyx, so many suggestions, thank you! I've added some of your suggestions to the lists, the only category I'm hesitant about is the noona romance, i'm very picky about this one, because more often than not the female lead in them is portrayed as clueless, air-head, timid, inexperienced virgin and that's not what I'm looking for. I'm eagerly waiting for more of yours suggestions, especially about the last list. (on a side note: man.... Byun Yo Han looks so hot in your avatar, can't wait for SFD finish airing so I can watch it.)

@Archania hello fellow sucker for a good bromance! I'm fine with drama from anywhere. In terms of bromance Nirvana in Fire and Sungkyunkwan Scandal are at the very top of my most favourite ones, right next to Cruel City. Added some of your suggestions as well and yes if anything else comes to mind, do tell!

more suggestions are always welcome :)

My favourite bromance of all time is School 2013!
Noona romance :
1. I Hear Your Voice

Bromance :
1. Reply 1997
2. Bridal mask
3. I Remember You

Noble/Self Sacrifice:
MV - Jang Ri In - I will (there are 2 parts)

Sticky Situation
1. a Love to kill

i'll get back later, can't think any at the moment
Glad someone added Bridal Mask to Bromance.  I couldn't believe no one suggested it yet.  That relationship is more central to the story than the romance by far.

I second Story of a Man for Sticky Situation.  Poor Shin totally takes a beating throughout that drama.

I just finished Chuno, so it's fresh in my mind, and it totally fits in the self-sacrifice category.  Also has a bromantic streak, although it's not quite as central to the main story, I guess.
Hi Juls

I also really liked Chuno and whilst not central to the story, friendship in general and self sacrifice is. Looking at the lists that you have already collated and the great suggestions above there are only few (possibly more obscure and or underrated) dramas that come to mind.  Unfortunately since my memory is a bit of a sieve, please bear with me if I mention any dramas that have already been recommended. 

There seems to be quite a bit of overlap wit the themes of sticky situations and self sacrifice. 

Sticky Situations
Nine Nine Times Time Travel (also Self Sacrifice)
Hotel King 
Sang Do Let's go to School (also Self Sacrifice)

Self Sacrifice
Ooku
Painter of the Wind
Fated to Love you (probably has been mentioned, right?)
East of Eden (lots of it by different characters but mostly the male lead + also lots and lost of Sticky Situations)

Noona Romance
I Do, I Do
Beloved ( It is quite different from the norm. I really liked it but not sure it fits what you are looking for.)
Crazy for You
Loveholic
High School King of Savvy 
The Lover (1 of the 4 couples depicted)

There are quite a few dramas that have Bromance but not as the central theme, namely

Hyena (lots of Bromance, totally underrated)
Pasta
Padam Padam
Plus Nine Boys
3 Dads one Mum
Oh my Ghost
Coffee Prince
Soulmate

For friendships amongst women look no further than the I need Romance series, including Discovery of Romance.

I hope some are to your liking and am looking forward to checking out your completed lists,
Luna

@adechan agreed, School 2013 is pretty good! It's already on my list :)

@cuzie thank you for your suggestions,  added Bridal Mask, I Remember You and A Love to Kill, I wish "I will" was an actual movie, could be very angsty

@zeamays, I've added Bridal Mask, Story of a Man and Chuno, thanks!

hey, Luna :) yeah the lists have grown nicely because of all the great suggestions! And, yes, self-sacrifice is usually a result of a sticky situation, thankfully not all sticky situations result in self-sacrifice or the lead would need more than 9 lives. I'm a sucker for selfless fictional characters who get themselves in a lot of trouble.

Ooku... do you mean the alternative history one or the one played straight? I'm intrigued about Fated to Love you, it was not mentioned and from what little I saw in the first episode it seemed like comedy gone overboard, so I was thinking of skipping it, but you've piqued my interest.

Not adding Beloved to the list, but definitely going to watch it, after reading some reviews it seems similar to Temptation in a way and these kind of shows are not frequent in drama land. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Also, created a list just for sismance!

How about womance? 
Don't get me wrong, I like sismance but womance in my view rolls easier of the tongue. In any case there are few and far between in Korean drama land so I love them. As for Ooku, I was referring to the cross dressing version - Ooku: Arikoto Iemitsu Hen (2012). Oh and Fated to Love You is only a bit funny in the first couple of episodes but soon becomes full on melodramatic, interspersed with a very few comic scenes later on but lots of Self Sacrifice.

Also, there are a lot 'Noona' dramas from Japan, many of which are on my plan to watch list as well as some bromance stuff that I haven't seen such as Friend ,our Legend, Bad Guys and Misaeng. If you want I would be happy to look at my pinterest page to fish them out and relate them to you a bit later. 

Luna
Womance it is then. I've read the Ooku manga, love it to bits, it will be interesting to see how it got adapted on screen. And yep, now I'm definitely watching Fated to Love You.

Noona is welcomed from any asian country, as long as she is portrayed as a competent, experienced woman (i know it is a lot to ask from dramaland but my perfect noona romance, or any romance for that matter, is where the partners are on equal footing, bonus points if they can teach and learn from each other), so if it's not much trouble I'm all ears!

Misaeng is my #1 favourite drama, so far, but I feel that the whole "mance" in it is so vast that it shouldn't be constricted to just bromance or womance, I think also that the theme mentor/student have much more weight in it. Bad Guys has a budding bromance between the leads and one bromance between lead/supporting character (it also has self-sacrifice). Haven't seen Friend, Our Legend, but I've added it.