Recently watched Soratobu Kouhoushitsu and Arifureta Kiseki and realize that I really dig this kind of male lead in romance. A somewhat beta type, who's mostly awkward and clumsy, but possess a gentle heart and polite attitude, and carry some emotional wound. I prefer the female lead to be somewhat fragile in appearance, but if it's too much to ask then I'll take anything as long as the female lead isn't that much superior than the male lead. In short both of them are more to the loser type and both are helping each other. Also, the romance doesn't actually have to be the main focus. I guess that's all. Thanks for the recs! 

Note: I'm open to any kind of rec, be it movie, drama, non-asian movie/drama, webtoon, manga, anime, etc as long as they're available with english subs!
This is usually why I love a good noona romance: the male leads are usually just as you described whereas most school dramas have the jerk, chaebol who always end up with the girl. I'm not too sure about the 'loser' type. The only thing that comes to mind is Hi My Sweetheart. The OTP were both outsiders. But other dramas I've seen with a more gentle male lead are Queen Inhyun's Man (I see you dropped it, but I think its worth a second look), The Queen of SOP.
An honorable mention for My Beautiful Bride. he's not the loser type but he's more the silent, focused type like Jung Kyung Ho in Cruel City.

Hope this helps!!
Thanks for the rec! Hi my sweetheart sounds the closest to what I'm looking for, as for Queen In Hyun's Man I'm planning to retry it someday, I didn't drop it because it was bad, it was just not what I was looking for at the time

Long Vacation and Buzzer Beat fit that category somewhat with the underachieving leads becoming friends and supporting each other, then falling in love.

1: Zenkai girl

This drama has a strong ambitious female lead and a underachieving gentle male lead who is emotionally way warmer than her.  He's going to teach her about being kind and compassionate and patient...especially toward the kid she's assigned to babysit. Their relationship is really touching. 

http://mydramalist.com/2627-zenkai-girl -

2: Otomen

A high school boy hides his softer side (reading shojo manga, loving to cook and sew, dreaming of romance) behind the mask of being the coolest guy in the school, an expert in kendo fighting. She on the other hand, is a female kendo fighter who transfers to the school and who is a complete tomboy. Of course, both fall in love.

- http://mydramalist.com/120-otomen -

3: Soredemo, Ikite Yuku

This drama tells the story of two people traumatized by the same crime. One is the older brother of the victim ( a 5 year old girl), and the other is the younger sister of the murderer. Both are wounded and awkward, but somehow a relationship starts between them. This drama is a must-watch, and got Six Japan Academy Awards. I highly recommend it.

http://mydramalist.com/2662-soredemo-ikite-yuku -

@sylwia - I've watched around 7eps of Buzzer Beat and liked its concept but Yamapi's acting really killed whatever motivation I had to finish the drama :P

@Juniko - Otomen sounds interesting! As for Zenkai Girl, I'm afraid the girl is like materially superior but morally inferior than the male lead, and such gap just isn't for me, thanks for the rec though!
soredemo ikite yuku XD
but you already see and love it

itsuka koi ....
itsukoi is basically a very mild, romance, not too dark version of soredemo :D

and Gin Nikan too
:)
Nicee I was actually hoping Itsukoi would have this trope XD but still I'm waiting till it's finished airing and subbed so I can marathon it~
For the time being I'll try Gin Nikan, thank you :D
I would recommend the Taiwanese drama An Innocent Mistake (2012), one of my Taiwanese drama favorites. 
The male lead, Zheng Yu En, fits your above mentioned description perfectly, in my opinion.
He is awkward and clumsy, but has a gentle heart and polite attitude, and carries an emotional wound. 
The female lead is not exactly fragile, but she has her own issues to overcome as well. 
It's an underrated tw-drama but it was a favorite among critics. 

:)
The Plan Man
That Fool
Ho Goo's Love
Good Doctor
Prince William
Ugly Alert (really sweet, if you're up for the challenge) 
My Unfortunate Boyfriend
Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou (not really romance, but still worth it)
Boku to Star no 99 Nichi
Kokoro ga Pokitto ne
Ohitorisama
Share House no Koibito
Densha Otoko
rich man poor woman. oguri shun is super intelligent but super awkward in romance here. he also has wounded past
I second "That fool", I think this drama is really cute, and it's like you want it to be.
Although I haven't watched it yet, DATE sounds like it fits your bill. And apparently it's super funny too. I'll be watching it very soon myself.
Clannad After Story is a really good anime with female lead as you describe , the male is not as you describe but still a good anime to watch
and you should really try (It's Okay that is Love)  this drama is so good and both leads are supporting each other to being stronger as they are really fragile inside despite their outer appearance being strong.