I'm sure all the addicts out there will understand my pain at the minute. I'm in a total slump and really struggling to find something to watch. Sure this was bound to happen after watching over 200 dramas.

I 'think' i want to watch something similar to 'love me if you dare' but i'm struggling to find something like it. A cold person slowly opening up and warming to a female would be an advantage with romance ... i do like a bit of romance :-D - seen dr frost and currently watching missing noir m.

Anyone got any suggestions .. or just anything they rate a good 9-10/10. Only dramas i wont watch (without good reason) are saeguks or similar period dramas (i did like cruel romance.) ... any country will be fine.

thanks in advance

The only drama that came to mind similar to the description of "Love Me if You Dare" was "I Remember You", and I see you already have that on your list. So I'll just give you a general recommendation for one that is in your to watch list, which is "Can You Hear My Heart". I have re-watched this drama multiple times, it's one of my favourite dramas. There isn't an evil love rival (that was one of the first things I appreciated), the family relationships are as interesting as the romantic relationships, and it's touching, and heartwarming, and wonderful. Also dramatic, as it is a melodrama. The first (I think) five episodes are when the leads are children, then it jumps to them as adults.There is a funny review of the series (including some spoilers) at: http://rainscene.livejournal.com/28151.html
I know you said that the only dramas you aren't open to watching are saeguks, but allow me to present a case and give you a "good" reason to watch The Princess' Man:

1. In your description you mention you want: "A cold person slowly opening up and warming to a female..." - In this drama, something happens to him fairly early on that makes him into a completely cold and heartless individual--bent only on revenge. The lead female slowly gets under his skin and his cold-hearted and pessimistic outlook on the world becomes more hopeful.

2. I am not an individual that has a love for historical/saeguk-esque romance. In fact, the only fully historical drama I've seen was this one and I think it could be entertaining and draw anyone into it (regardless if they love historical romance or not). It's the characters, the plot, the romance, and the twists and turns that completely drew me in. 

3. This is purely anecdotal evidence, but this drama completely ruined me. I couldn't watch anything for like a week after I finished. Everything else was lacking and I missed the story so, so much. The love story drew me in completely; this drama is 24 episodes long--I finished it in 2 days. Once we got into like episode 4, I could not stop myself from clicking on the next episode, I just HAD to know what happened next. Such a beautiful and well constructed drama. 

If there was ever a historical drama to shirk your rules with....it's this one. :)
"A cold person slowly opening up and warming to a female..." = The King of Dramas! :) If you liked Beethoven Virus, you will like this one too. 

@ViolinGal: You make me curious, what's the name of that drama??
I think they're talking about The Princess' Man <3
A Truly beautiful drama <3
@ViolinGal:
Are you talking about "The Moon That Embraces The Sun"? You didn't name the drama you were talking about :''''D

edit: Just saw that you didn't watch "Moon Embracing Sun", so it has to be "The Princess' Man". But what you described sounds just like "The Moon Embracing The Sun" :''D
Haha, I totally thought I had put in the drama name. Whoops, it's fixed now. But for the few people who saw my error, that only added to the suspense, right? lol. ;)
@xXabsintheXx - I totally want to watch The Moon That Embraces the Sun at some point though. 
i will recommend ' I remember You' (Korea) and MARS (Taiwan).. so far this two drama's that i watched give me same vibe as 'Love Me If You Dare'. You may want to check it out.
Hi 

I just had a look at your list and although the following may not fit the criteria outlined above, I think based on what you rate highly on your watched list, they may interest you: 

Arang and the Magistrate - Yes, it is a Sageuk, but with little to no politics, lots of fun and great acting. 
Cunning Single Lady - Funny at times but also quite meaningful.
Discovery of Romance - One of my favourites. 
I need Romance 3 - Noona romance, with great kiss scenes.
Empress Ki - Another Sageuk, but it has Ji Chang Wook in it, So if you liked him in Healer and 5 Fingers, I recommend you check him out here.
Ex-Girlfriend Club - Really underrated in my opinion and lots of fun.
Hyena - Also underrated. Great ensemble cast and very funny.
Kimi Wa Petto - Cold female versus cute younger guy, very funny at times.
Midas- Underrated in my view.
Nine Nine Times Time Travel - The title sounds a bit weird but it's definitely worth checking out.
Plus Nine Boys - Lighthearted. about 3 brothers and their love lives.
Punch - Excellent cast and performances, must watch in my opinion.
Strawberry on the Shortcake - About first Love.
Secret Love Affair - One of my absolute favourites, don't let the title or age difference put you off.
The Lover - Very different from your usual Korean fare.
What's up Fox - Underrated.

I hope you like at least some of them and get out of your slump soon.

Luna
queen in hyun man ................ although its historical drama it fits guy opening up to girl plus its light hearted n there is not much politics
@ViolinGal: The drama has some flaws, it's not perfect (I'm a little petty/annoyed with some strange camera moves and scenes -_-) but overall the story itself is awesome and Kim Soo Hyun rocks the whole drama. You can feel his emotions as if they are your own and you always get the urge to console him and be next to him, so that he's not all alone and that he can open up to somebody. He totally nails it.
Hi,

I would recommend you :

Hyde, Jekyll, Me : I didn't rate it high (only 6.5/10) but it aired at the same time as Kill Me Heal Me (10/10 for me so...) so the contrast was far too great. Maybe you'll enjoy it more watching it now. The man has a DID (only two personalities) with his main personality being the cold one while the other is very friendly. The problem is the woman think of him as two brothers and falls in love with the friendly one... In a way, it is interesting and you might like it but, as for me, I had to fastforward some boring scenes.
Nine : nine times time travel : (8/10) It's not a saeguk despite its name, just a regular but very interesting time-travel drama in modern time only ;)
Who are you : (10/10) Not the one you watched. This one is from 2013. This one is about a policewoman seeing ghosts after a 6 years coma. In this drama, the woman can be considered the cold person oppening up to the man.

Apart from those three, you already watched the ones I could have recommanded. Enjoy !
Some great recommendations from you all thank you.

I'm curious of the princesses man but something keeps bugging me about starting it. Another one that keeps bugging me is secret love affair. I keep going to watch it and then coping out at the last minute. I seem to do that alot.

@annienas - I've seen all tat you recommended and they were indeed fab :-)
@lunatepe - Think i have quite a few of those in my PTW list.
@green_tokki - i have signal on my PTW list but i wont start it till it's complete