Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone could suggest to me a Japanese drama that has to do with "taboo" topics (such as a drama coming from the point of view of a criminal). I recently watched Hirugao, N no Tame ni, and Byakuyako (2006) and they all had that sort of "taboo" feel to it.
If you don't know of any of those three dramas, Hirugao is about love affairs, N no Tame ni is about a group of people sharing a crime together and lying about the truth to keep themselves from trouble with the police, and Byakuyako is about deceit, lies and committing crime after crime to partly cover up a crime that happens early on in the drama.
These dramas also had really strong character development, and were very suspenseful. If someone could suggest me another Japanese drama that falls under this category, then please let me know! If the drama has some romance in it too, that would be even better but not a requirement!
Thank you!
Koukou Kyoushi (both of them)
Mitsu no Aji 
Lipstick 
Warui Yatsura
One Million Stars Falling from the Sky 
Majo no Jouken
Taiyou no Kisetsu 
Shokuzai
Currently airing - Boku no Yabai Tsuma, Hi no Ko, Fukigen na Kajitsu

Tsumi to Batsu: A Falsified Romance
Zeni Geba
Maou
Yakou Kanransha
Runaway
Naomi and Kanako
Karamazov no Kyodai
Nigeru Onna
Last Friends deals with several issues that one could consider taboo (or sensitive?). It's worth it to see for yourself. :)
Thanks for all the suggestions!

I've already watched Last Friends (and thoroughly enjoyed it), started Yako Kanransha (was a bit much for me, but will probably go back and finish), and I'm actually almost done with Tsumi to Batsu: A Falsified Romance.

I checked out the other suggestions as well and they definitely do fit under the category I was trying to explain lol. Thanks again!
Hey!

I don't know if it is the type of drama you are looking for but I would strongly recommend "IS - Otoko Demo Onna Demo Nai Sei" ... It is about intersexual people (people who are born with physical characteristics of men and women) and I know that this topic is sadly still kind of taboo in many societies (which is also shown in the drama). It is a great drama and deserves more attention. If you've already watched it, ignore this post. I haven't looked at your list before writing this :D
Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake (1998) is about the HIV conflict in the late 20th century. Super good though! Pulled me straight in and I binged it till 4 am!
I so love Hirugao!

hmmm... why not try Cupid no Itazura? that drama comes to my mind when taboo is mentioned
I second Maou

Joker Yurusarezaru Sousakan,
Taiyou no Kisetsu,
Kazoku game is also very goood
Also though is an old drama it's very good: Suna no utsuwa