So I've been watching a ton of historical dramas and I suddenly realised that everything I watch is set kinda... pre 1900s or post 2000s. Any recommendations for some good movies or dramas set in the 1900s? I'd prefer Chinese, Korean or Japanese but if you have a hidden gem feel free to throw it at my face :)

Well I'm not sure how early you're looking for in the 1900s but the Reply series are all set in the 1990s or 1980s and Hot Younh Bloods is a movie set in the 1980s!
Bridal Mask - 1930's
King of Baking - 1980's-ish
In a Good Way - 90's (TW-drama, and I didn't finish it, but something to consider)
- Battle of Changsa (China, drama, set in the republican era, during the second Sino-Japanese War)
- Cruel Romance (China, drama, republican era)
- Lots of asadora (Japanese daily dramas) were set in early to mid 20th century, like Hanako to Anne, Carnation, Massan, and my childhood favorite Oshin
- My Way (Korea, movie, 1930s to Second World War)
- Taegukgi (Korea, movie, Korean War)
- Some great Chinese movies set in the first half of 20th century: Farewell My Concubine, Red Sorghum, Raise the Red Lantern, Lust, Caution (explicit scenes abound on this one, so be forewarned). China and Hong Kong make loads of good dramas and movies set in early 20th century, it's just I don't watch them that often, especially the new ones, so I can't recommend many of them.

siege in fog. really recommended

• Korean dramas
    • Sandglass
    • Last Match
    • First Love
    • Wuri's House
    • Medical Brothers
    • All about eve
    • Basketball
    • Capital scandal
    • Jejungwon
    • Inspring generation