Looking for a drama where the leads work together to obtain some goal, solve a problem or deal with drama that is generated from some external source. My range is broad...any genre, time-frame, etc. They don't have to be romantically involved, as long as they have a deep and healthy respect for each other. I would prefer to avoid the "seasoned professional and rookie or Boss and secretary" scenario unless they can match in skill (i.e. When a Snail Falls in Love). Also, I don't want them to team up when the drama is almost done (Secret had a decent teamwork with the business stuff, but it started at episode 12 or 13).  

Please let me know your suggestions! 

Currently watching Secret Forest and I love how they work together. 
Yeah, I was totally thinking of that one, but waiting for it to finish so I can binge watch lol
I don't know if this fit what you want since i didn't watch when a  snail falls in love  
i remember you
vampire prosecutor 
love me if you dare
Galileo
Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi
Youkoso Wagaya e
I hear your voice
Heh. I also immediately thought of Secret Forest because of the drama example you gave and the description. 

Otherwise, the only couples that I can think of in the drama that I've seen are the main couples in Five Children, Kill Me Heal Me and perhaps Healer. These couples were for the most part harmonious in the drama even if conflicts arose in their relationships while facing challenges and pursuing goals. Each person in the pairing also had his/her own strengths and was not really overshadowed by the other half of the couple.
I second Love me if you dare, but it is master/apprentice, so it might not meet your criteria

and of course Stranger (2017)
It's funny that there are multiple LMIYD recs, because this is actually my anti-example. It's a good drama, but I felt like they put the male lead on a very high pedestal--this omnipotent genius that nobody could match up to, much less the assistant female lead. This is why I preferred When a Snail Falls in Love; both premises are very similar, but the latter does a much better job at making the leads actually need each other's skill and insight (imo). 

Felt the same with I Remember You as well (omnipotent genius male lead that doesn't actually need the female lead). Again, good drama, just not a power couple for me. 

I think I am just extraordinary picky lol. Other dramas that fit for me were:
Empress Ki
Let's Fight Ghost
General and I  

And thank you for all the recs above! 
I see your point Hanah :D

I'm also in search of something similar to what you're looking for. Unfortunately, at the start, most of the "partners" can match up to the genius male lead or smart male lead, however by midway through, they end being a crying mess, gone with all their strength/smartness that they showed in the beginning lol.

Maybe Five Enough (Five Children) might fit your criteria? 
Strongly recommend Signal although there is no/very less romance.
I would recommend Voice. It's about a 911 chief with super hearing and demoted ace detective working together to save people in distress and trying to catch the murderer that killed their loved ones. There is not even a hint of romance between this two leads.
I recommend Surgeons. It's a c-drama. Both female and male leads are very good, well-developed characters and their skill levels are very similar. They often have to work together and they become romantically involved well before the drama ends. They are a true power couple!
If you're planning to see Stranger already, how about God's Gift in the meantime? I don't remember the full details since it's been awhile, but the female and Seungwoo's character (the dude from Stranger) seemed to work well together. 

Voice is another drama that I enjoyed because the female lead often stood her ground and was very helpful.
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions! 
I think the same about LMIYD... and General and I was the first which came to my mind...

maybe this two would suit your taste

Gu Famly Book - at first he thinks she is a boy but she never pretended to be one. She is a skilled fighter and the only one he trusts
The King2Hearts - she is his military superior and he is a prince. At first they dislike each other but later on they are are great team