Hi everyone!

I recently finished my first ever family drama- Father Is Strange, and I absolutely LOVED it! Normally, I steer clear of dramas that have too many episodes, but now I'm looking for some good family dramas. They should have

1. Lots of heartwarming moments (I guess that's a given? :p)
  2. A good couple, chemistry-wise
  3. And comedy. 'Cause that make me stick around for longer eps.

I've heard good things about Ugly Alert, but it's 133 (!!) eps long, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch something that long, no matter how good it is.

So, please recommend me some good family dramas.

Thank you in advance!

Try Reply 1997. Family isn't one of it's listed genres, but It does contain many family moments. It suits your other two requirements as well.

ugly alert is so goooood .. and there is (ojakgyo brothers) too .. both are really good family dramas .. ugly alert has many episodes but it's 30 min per episode .. 

i remember that "glorious day" gave me the same heartwarming feeling as father is strange 

All about my mom,  Five enough, the Gentlemen of wolgyesu shop, ojakgyo brothers, what happens to my family, and glorious day.

These are on the less comedic side but still worth the try: i have a lover and seo young my daughter.

What Happens to my Family

Reply 1988

New tales of gisaeng

Assorted Gems

Ojakyo Brothers 

My daughter Seo Young

My husband's got a family

unkind woman too was amazing with an unusual story

Definitely Reply 1988 :)

Ojakgyo Brothers, for sure.  I haven't finished Father is Strange yet, but those are the only two family dramas I've ever been invested enough in to not drop after 5-10 episodes (and I've tried several in the 5 years since OB aired).  Also both have the same writer, and kind of the same story setup (family "adopts" stray child, haha).

1. Life is Beautiful (2010)

2. Glorious Days

3. ugly Alert - worth all 133 episodes to watch

4. Reply 1988

5. Ojakgyu brothers

6. What happened to my family

7. Five Children

8. Sons of sol pharmacy

9. Smile you

10. All about mom

non korean: 1 liter of tears, 1 liter of tears

my fav family drama :

ugly alert is really great

ojakgyo brothers

all about my mom

what happens to my family

king of baking

seo yeong my daughter

wang's family

Ugly Alert - This is definitely one of the best family dramas I've seen. The episodes are about 30 minutes each. So when you compare it to the hour long episodes it's about 66-67 episodes and it didn't feel that much long compared to the other family dramas. But I did enjoy the relationship and interactions between the siblings more than the lead's romance. Maybe work your way up to it one day?

What Happens to My Family - I would recommend this one next if you're looking for comedic relief. This was hilarious and full of heartwarming moments.

Five Enough

King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo

Gochisousani - If you don't mind trying a Japanese asadora (morning drama). There's 150 episodes, but they're about 13 minutes long.

RueXie:

ugly alert is so goooood .. and there is (ojakgyo brothers) too .. both are really good family dramas .. ugly alert has many episodes but it's 30 min per episode .. 

Glad you mentioned about the 30 min eps or I would never give Ugly Alert a chance in this lifetime.   Now that I've  experienced a 58 ep drama with Ojakgyo Bros (which was superb),  that gives me a feel whether I could endure a story that long.  

What Happens to my Family <3333