While it's extremely uncommon for a gay relationship between males to be mentioned in a K-Drama, it's even more rare for a female character to profess to having a lesbian relationship. Even if it's just a character with minimal role in the plot of the overall drama or even if it's just name-dropped as the reason that the girl won't pursue a relationship with someone, still I would love if you would name the dramas that mention that one of the characters had such a relationship. Bonus points if it's actually explored in the plot. Bonus points times infinity if the drama explores Korean society's view on such relationships. The only example I can think that has a lesbian relationship, even if it's caused by misunderstandings and is a bit onesided, is "Painter of the Wind". And I would prefer K-dramas, however, if there is a really good Japanese, Chinese, or Taiwenese drama please feel free to mention it below.
Have you watched Daughters of Bilitis Club. I haven't watched it, but I think the drama was cut short because viewers complained about the topic... Or something like that.
You could try Gloomy Salad Days but it's a taiwan drama. This drama has 12 substories discusses topics that are slightly more controversial than usual dramas. The part that you would probably want to catch more is from episode 7 to 10 but I do encourage you to watch the whole drama, I think it's pretty good! ^-^
morgan1988 wrote: I would love if you would name the dramas that mention that one of the characters had such a relationship. Bonus points if it's actually explored in the plot. Bonus points times infinity if the drama explores Korean society's view on such relationships.

Does this even exist at all?! I hope it does. I can't help you with this one, but I wanted to say thank you for asking! This is something I want to know, too! :) I watch mostly Japanese dramas, but I'd try a good k-drama too if something comes up in the comments.

I'm always open for possible subtexts, but so far I've only heard somebody mention a lesbian couple once in a j-drama... Once, I thought that a character was a lesbian because of the way she acted around another woman, but then she started talking about being in love with a man, so I guess I was wrong! (But I dropped that drama, so I don't know for sure.) I have seen gay men once or twice as minor characters... I was surprised, actually, to realize that homosexual characters are so rare, knowing that it's a thing in manga/anime.

Ari_Lee wrote: Have you watched Daughters of Bilitis Club. I haven't watched it, but I think the drama was cut short because viewers complained about the topic... Or something like that.

Oh... that's sad. :( Not so much because we can't watch dramas with gay characters, but it's sad for Korean lesbians. I'm guessing that it's not easy to be open, if viewers even complain about things they see on TV.
Last Friends. It's Japanese though and it's a good drama. The aspect you're looking for is one-sided though. Rather than as a "lesbian couple and relationship", it explores more on the character and the hardship of being one. She has a love interest on this drama also.
Thank you very much for your replies! I'll definitely take a look at them. And feel free to add some more to the list if anyone else can think of a few more.
Well they weren't together, but in Two Weeks I was totally shipping the prosecutor and her friend Imma be delusional and think they were actually together tho
This has made me realize how little homosexual relationships are explored in Japanese/Korean dramas...I know of quite a few Japanese boy's love movies and movies revolving around relationships between men but as far as dramas....none. And certainly none about lesbian relationships. All I know is that in Kisarazu Cat's Eye the teacher said she was a lesbian, but it turned out she was having a mid-life crisis. And like someone mentioned before, Last Friends. But, that character had gender identity disorder(?) and identifies as a male.
What if it's a movie? I know you asked for a Korean drama so maybe it's not pertinent, but I know a couple of Japanese movies revolving around a lesbian relationship!

This one is about two high school girl. But it's sooo very slow, so maybe it's not that interesting.
http://mydramalist.com/japanese-movie/4252/blue

This one is great though! The acting is great, the main couple look great together and the relation between japanese society and homosexual people is one of its main points!
http://mydramalist.com/japanese-movie/3372/love-my-life
Thank you, Sakakibara! :D But where can I watch these movies? I wish there could be a drama like the anime Aoi Hana, it was a good one...
lily_b wrote: Thank you, Sakakibara! :D But where can I watch these movies?

I wish there could be a drama like the anime Aoi Hana, it was a good one...

This is the first one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNbbBDXDBwM

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find the second one anywhere...I had to download it to watch it! But if you ever happen to find it somewhere I really really recommend it, I loved that movie! :D
I don't know of any Korean dramas or movies. However, there is a Taiwanese and a Thai movie that you might be interested in.

Spider Lilies <
Yes or No << Thai You can find the full movie on youtube with English subs. There's also a sequel. :)
http://mydramalist.com/korean-movie/68/antique-bakery

In this movie there is a homosexual and we can kind of see how people react to it but not that much... You can give it a try
Again, not Korean, and not a drama, but a movie: http://mydramalist.com/japanese-movie/7817/the-little-house

I can't know, obviously, but the synopsis makes it sound like it's at least subtext lesbian. Well, or subtext bisexual?
"Taki works as a housemaid. The family that lives in the little house consists of 3 members: the husband who works at a toy company, his beautiful wife Tokiko and their five year old son Kyoichi. Taki longs for her employer Tokiko. The husband then hires a young art school graduate named Shoji Itakura."
There's the Japanese movie "Love My Life".

Check this post: http://rainscene.livejournal.com/11730.html