I think we all agree that those fake reviews and misleading ratings are annoying and serve no one.

473votes
agree!
make the ratings possible only after all the episodes are aired and completed,
or when someone drops a drama,he/she has the right to rate it.
Lol I feel like a kid making an impossible wishlist to Santa lol
This is much needed!! 
Personally I think rating a drama while it's airing is ok, but I agree that rating it before it airs or writing reviews before it's finished shouldn't be possible!
i thought it was removed already. i tried using it coz i saw in one post here that said s/he uses it to determine what to watch next. hehe
Fake reviews are voted down into oblivion, and are removed when someone reports them to us. 

As for rating a drama/movie before it airs, this seriously bothers me. What we have done so far to counter this, is that if a drama/movie has an air date, users cannot rate it before it airs. Example: http://mydramalist.com/13121-bluebird-house

Now the flaw is that if the drama only has a year as the air date(example: 2015), users can rate it starting January 1st of that year. Anyone have any ideas on how we could change this to solve this annoying issue? Keep in mind that not all dramas/films have exact air dates on MDL.
Hessa Volunteer Staff
If it has a year as the airing date only it should be locked until someone updated the date. But if the year has passed and there is no specific date set then they can rate and review.
^ That would not be a good idea as a lot of content could not be rated (even when you add it to your list) just because the date hasn't been added.
For example, a film comes out on February 1st, 2015. No one adds the date, so no one can rate it for 11 months after it comes out.
Hessa Volunteer Staff
^^^Okay, maybe have users send requests for opening rating/reviewing to staff, and the staff after they confirm that the drama aired that year can open the rating/reviewing.

I'm against blocking the rating, however, If the rating was only allowed after the users has finished the drama, this will force them to use the episode rating in the episode guide more which is very good. I think there will also be more episode reviews too. But not everyone will like that. Most of them don't want the hassle of rating each episode.
Even though the date is set, people will keep on rating the whole drama from the very first minutes - which equals rating it without a clue as to its true quality. Proof of this, is that the problem really presents itself only with anticipated dramas with popular actors in it.
I truly think rating shouldn't be possible before the whole drama has come to a conclusion. Like Hessa said, the episode rating/review would improve, and while we would still have people giving a drama 10 or 1 depending on whims and ridiculous ranking battles, the problem would be solved at least in part.
I truly think rating shouldn't be possible before the whole drama has come to a conclusion

That wouldn't be good for on-going drama. I think the best we could do is to enable rating after Episode 1, but that still requires an air date update for that episode. For example, sometime I drop American TV show right after episode one because it's horrible and that's not fair for me since I wont come back next time to rate it.
i dont know that there is a perfect solution to completely obilterate this problem. like skye mentioned the fake reviews are taken care of by the community for the most part. yea, they exist but i dont think they are causing a problem. the rating.... maybe there is a way that you could weight ratings by number of episodes the user has watched? it's probably waaaay too much work since # of episodes varies so widely, but if you could set triggers for each drama, begining, middle and end, then rating by people who only watched the begining of a show would count to the over all rating 1/3, so it would take 3 people who only watched the begining to count equally against a user who watched the entire thing. but that would require whoever adds the drama to set those triggers at certain episode number and it would also require updating if the # of episodes changed. even if it was an easy thing to code (which i doubt) it seems like it would require a lot of work.
@cityhunter, personally, I don't think that solution going to work.
Hessa Volunteer Staff
If somehow we can't block reviews, we can use the report function to report review written before the drama has finished.