MDL,
May I suggest that you also improve our drama and movie lists...like,just separating the movies from the dramas on our PTW(may be putting another table for our PTW movies separate from the dramas)
coz sometimes I have a hard time looking back on my lists and differentiating it from movies and dramas...I know there's a category /type column,but it's just that it'd take me some time to decide on what I should watch next,and columns makes my eyes cross.lol.And also to make it much easier for us to see the movies in our PTW especially on the weekends,so we dun have to go thru everything before we decide on something:)))
74Kzm5Y3_92ba23_f590x.jpg

This,instead of type column^^ pleath:))

4ed2b3f9f76a52b2253cb8b160bd5e32.jpg
just made that up tho.

395votes
Woah! I so agree! I was actually just thinking about this yesterday!
I like that, because I have a hard time when I try to search movie of particular country in my list.
Filtering would be a much more effective way than simply adding another column exclusively for movies. If we can filter several options at once, similar to the 'Sort' feature in Excel spreadsheets, it would work even better.

For example, we should be able to filter, at the very least: 

Dramas
Movies
Countries: Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Thailand
Genre: Horror, Romance, Action, Mystery, Drama, Comedy etc

So if we want to watch a horror movie from Japan, we should be able to click or tick these criteria and have our list filter out everything else that doesn't meet these specifications. Then if we want a particular year and a particular rating we can do this by clicking the little downward pointing arrow button that's currently on our drama list (At the moment, it's the only filter option we have available to us and you can't filter more than one option at a time, which is a bit inconvenient). 

Someone else have already recommended better filtering options on our drama lists so hopefully the mods will see that this is a popular request even though each individual suggestion hasn't received that many votes (compared to others).
well you can do this: click on the "type" column, and that will separate dramas from movies:

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-21%20at%2013.57.

I do like what @PrettyCarEye suggests about the genre sorting, my Plan To Watch is so long and messy, it would be quite useful :)
@KimParkLee The challenge with the current filtering system is that it's not very convenient. You can only filter one criterion at a time. Let's use your example above. You've grouped movies and dramas separately, but now if you try to filter out movies from a particular country, you lose your previous filter option, which was separating movies and dramas. The system will filter BOTH dramas and movies from Korea, instead of showing you a grouping of movies from Korea only. 

The filtering system needs to be a more effective so that we can narrow down our lists to exactly what we're looking for at any given time. For eg, we want to see all the Romance, Dramas, from Japan on our list ... with proper filtering only titles fitting these specifications would appear on the screen.
Oh yes,an effective filtering system would be great too^^
Ah I hadn't really understood, but you're definitely right, that would be useful!
I think a search feature like the one that's on the shows page of MDL for each user to go through their dramas would do the trick.
I'm not sure if making that's possible, though.
OMO! Sorry I didn't see this post. I just posted the exact same request.  Good to know that there are others who feel the same way.  How many votes do we need in order to get the Admins to take this request seriously?
This is another excellent suggestion.  Personally, I really, really dislike having the dramas and movies lumped together.
i agree with the term proper filtering to make it easy for us
Hessa Volunteer Staff
They can add a box next to the "Plan to Watch"/"Completed"/"Dropped", etc. that has 4 choices"
"All" to display all titles (drama/movies/specials)
"Dramas" only displays dramas
"Movies" only displays movies
"Specials" only displays specials
i would rather a filter system because to me it is probably more impt that japan is separated from korea from tw from hk rather than movies v drama

but with an emphasis on keeping hte filter system simple and straightforward and minimalistic.

i mean ive never had an issue with anime tv v anime movie v anime ova. 
its nice if we had better stats website but that is not in the works.

rather manga v anime
and korea v japan v tw is more useful i feel