Hessa Volunteer Staff
I noticed recently that we have many BTS episode and interview special. I don't think they qualify to be marked as drama specials. Personally, I don't think they should be added as separate pages if they are not epilogue specials or remakes (if users want to watch a short version of the show).
Here is my suggestion:
Ov46pgS.jpg
Pressing (+Add New Special Episode) allows more specials to be added.

raNjtWV.jpg
TZ7hGtm.jpg
Ik6uDV5.png

The specials would be on the same page as the show. Users could rate the specials, add the title, add a summary of the special in the "Episode guide".

Benefits *My opinion*:
1. Better than having separate pages and crowding actors' lists with specials.
2. We would not have the problem of figuring what to label the special in the "Related Titles". (I get many questions and complaints about this)
3. Would help people who are searching for "Drama Special"s such as (Splash Splash LOVE), not those types of special episodes.
4. Would be more organized and easier.
5. Since more people visit the main drama pages, there will be more discussion in the comments about the specials. The special episodes' pages hardly have any comments or reviews.

This is the original post: http://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/27512-a...
Re-posted it in the Suggestion sub-forum to see the votes and if people favored it.
Tell me your opinion, please. Does it seem complicated?

164votes
As I said in the original thread, I think this is a great idea.  I really hope it it'll be implemented. :)
Fantastic idea!

I hate having to rate those episodes separately, cause as a separate episode they are always lacking in quality and content... 
I support this 100%. 
I'm tired of seeing behind the scenes and recaps clogging up the search results. 
This is a far better alternative and doesn't seem complicated at all. 
Your suggestion means they won't show as separate episodes anymore, right? Only mentioned in that box when you rate the drama. I would prefer this suggestion because it irritates me that specials are added like dramas although they are only BTS episodes. It irritates me even more because people rate them and therefore appear in the ranking system of dramas. I mean, why should those specials be rated anyways? It's not like we witness acting skills ;)

I also don't think it's very complicated for users to use. That window will pop up anyway when we want to rate a drama. And then everyone can see whether there are specials or not and select the ones they watched right away.
Hessa Volunteer Staff
"Your suggestion means they won't show as separate episodes anymore, right?"
Yes.
It annoys me too, if you look here: http://mydramalist.com/browse/all?types%5B%5D=83&s...
you see that those behind the scenes specials are all ranking higher than actual drama specials. It became hard to find the drama special in between those BTS extra episodes.
I disagree. There is a catagory for specials, after all. I personally would find it very confusing if specials were merged with the drama. They are seperate. If they are added, that means that unless you watch the special, the drama won't be completed. That doesn't make much sense, does it? ;) I don't always watch specials when I watch a drama. I don't want to have my drama uncompleted because of this.

It really sounds like this is another case of being annoyed how others rate stuff, judging by the above reasons and comments. So what if special bts eps get rated? Why does it annoy you so much that you don't want them to be separated? :p

Btw, I'm not trying to knock anyone's opinions over this or anything, but I thought I should bring up an opposing view since there aren't any atm so it could be discussed. :)
Hessa Volunteer Staff
"There is a catagory for specials, after all."
It has always been for those types of specials: http://mydramalist.com/browse/all?sort[]=relevance...
But suddenly more BTS specials were being added by approval mods that were not trained/did not know the rules. When I started being an Approval Moderator, we were not allowed to add them. They are everywhere now, and it has been difficult to find the original Drama Specials.

"If they are added, that means that unless you watch the special, the drama won't be completed."
No, that would not mean that. You have boxes to tick optionally for those specials, they are not counted in the total episodes of the show, but they show up in the episode guide for you to review and rate.

"It really sounds like this is another case of being annoyed how others rate stuff, judging by the above reasons and comments. So what if special BTS eps get rated? Why does it annoy you so much that you don't want them to be separated? :p"
Again, that is not it. Why do you always assume I'm trying to be an asshole and stop people from doing the things they want? The problem is that it is hard to find actual Drama Special, such as Splash Splash LOVE. I have to navigate multiple pages to find the actual original high-rated Drama Specials.
That's sad that only three real drama specials are even on the first page of search results sorting by top rated.  (Sorting by most popular does better.  Why is that?)

I agree that the category "drama special" is not capturing the difference between "special episode of a drama" and actual "drama special".  Those BTS eps need a separate "type" in the search, or they need to be added to the drama itself, as optional episodes.  Voted!
Hessa Volunteer Staff
Why I suggested to Merge Specials to Drama pages, not create a separate category for them:
1. They make the "relations" messy and more complicated.
2. Only a few people ever interact on those pages.
3. Do they really need recommendations and reviews? (There will be an episode review for it if it is merged to the drama page).
4. Make actors drama list messy and more complicated.
This would be very useful, I had the same problem while trying to find the highest rated drama specials.

Honestly adding specials like Goblin: Every Moment of It Shined, aside from being a bit of a pain, and easy to miss/not realise they even exist, also feels like a bit of a cheat, because they count as an entire drama on your statistics, which just doesn't seem right O.o

I think this is a great idea because it is too much work adding zillion specials to one drama.

Then all we have to do is update the episode count and perhaps the air date.

There are drama specials that are like films so it wouldn't be okay to completely remove this format.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Ceki:

I think this is a great idea because it is too much work adding zillion specials to one drama.

Then all we have to do is update the episode count and perhaps the air date.

There are drama specials that are like films so it wouldn't be okay to completely remove this format.

I'm not saying to remove it completely. As I have written about, it is for " Behind the scenes episodes and interview specials".

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Bump for people who keep asking me about it.