Mar 21, 2017 03:03 AM
Hessa - 1055 Posts
48votes
Vote
I noticed that when there is more than one airing version/formats of the show, people get confused because of the number of episodes.

Let's take Queen of the Ring for example, those would be the 2 versions/formats
Online version TV version
Type: Drama
Episodes: 20
Aired: Mar 6, 2017 to Mar 23, 2017
Aired On: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
Thursday, Friday
Network: Naver TV Cast
Duration: 10 min.
Type: Drama
Episodes: 6
Aired: Mar 9, 2017 to Mar 23, 2017
Aired On: Thursday
Network: MBC
Duration: 30 min.

I wish we had something like this:

photo Capture1_zpsvwjkhmnu.png
Cassssptussssre_zpsqlegmy7d.png

This way users know there are different airing version/format and they can add them to the list as such. It could also help in case of a Director's cut. e.g. Diamond Lover and Diamond Lover (Special Cut)
darkn3ss - 801 Posts
I like this idea it's also make it easier to find things.
inactive - 318 Posts
that would be very helpful. 
it would clear the confusion many have when it comes to dramas that simultaneously air on tv and online.

unrelated but is it necessary have pages dedicated to compilation episodes of dramas like goblin special: every moment of it shined or bts specials like strong woman do bong soon special?

Hessa - 1055 Posts
@Fay
For the specials, I actually suggested this before: http://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/277...
Mar 21, 2017 05:03 AM
Juniko - 2339 Posts
OMG Moon Lovers Come to my mind...
Mar 21, 2017 09:03 AM
Hessa - 1055 Posts
@Juniko
OMG! Yes, totally forgot about that. Maybe we can have a option for both, if you watched both of them.
Mar 21, 2017 10:03 AM
Skye-N-Rain - 6738 Posts
My biggest worry is that it'd become too complicated. People already have trouble with simple things, throw in different versions and it may be too much for some people to understand. 
Mar 22, 2017 08:03 AM
Hessa - 1055 Posts
I think the user would only have to choose the version when adding it their list, so it would not be complicated. We could explain it in an FAQ thread or something. Personally, I think the relations are more complicated than this.
Moreover, if you think it would be hard to edit, we could keep it for staff to add, and users just choose the version to add to their list.
We would need:
TV Version
Online/Web Version
DVD Version
Different Cut/Director's Cut
International Version
15 days ago
Pantheria - 222 Posts
I definitely think this is a good idea. I suggested this ages ago too. 

http://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/174...

It can be annoying & hard to track when watching something that has 2 different episode count.Seems to be the case with a lot of Dramas lately; especially web Dramas.
7 days ago
Hessa - 1055 Posts
@Pantheria
Oh, I did not see yours. Maybe the staff should merge it.