Gifs on the Feeds

This discussion has been closed.

I would like to be able to post gifs on the feeds. I would also like to be able to post photos on the comments in the feeds.

88votes
And also if we can upload videos on the feeds?? (Like on fb) at the moment we can only post a video link right..
Although it could slow the feeds down, I vote YES. So many stories to be told, that monopic memes can't tell
Hessa Volunteer Staff
I think adding videos will take a lot of space on MDL. Also, some people might upload copyrighter materials, such as full drama episodes and movies. If that happened, we would need a system were people could submit a copyright complain, like FB and YouTube.
What you could do is, create a youtube account, upload the videos you want (you can make them only viewable to people who have the link), and then add them to the feed.
But I agree with GIFs.
Why? Why? Why? can't we (ha ha)  

totally in agreement.  
I think this is a great idea. :)
"And also if we can upload videos on the feeds?? (Like on fb) at the moment we can only post a video link right.." 
Sure, if we get that kind of funding. :)
What Hessa said. Too many problems with full videos and more importantly, the amount of resources it'd require would be too much. It'd end up costing us waaay too much. Gifs though are definitely feasible.
I am in agreement about the gifs. (*^_^*)

I don't understand the issue of needing to be able to post videos anyway. Since you link them in and are able to watch them on the feeds already that way. Even if there were enough funds, it really isn't needed.

I cannot believe the suggestion stuck with April date and was left behind on page 10. No wonder I missed it and played foolish in public...

Suggested long ago, any chances we will have gifs on the feeds soon? Please ?

I second this, and hope that the size of GIFs and pics can be limited so it wouldn't mess up the layout of the comment sections, but I guess the size should be decided by the admins...

Ceki locked this Jun 11, 2021 03:22 pm