[Suggestion] Update the forum rules

This discussion has been closed.

The post stickied in the forum is from 5 years ago. The site has grown and changed since then. 

In particular, it would be helpful if the meaning of "family-friendly" were clarified. Exactly what is and is not acceptable, right there in the forum rules (ie not just with regard to provocative images).

21votes
Hessa Volunteer Staff
I already requested that multiple of times, but since no one did it, I was planning to do that when we release the new version.
We really need a sub-forum in Everything MyDramaList for rules and guidelines, so that everything is organized and people could find them quickly.

Edit: BTW, are forum mods active? Actually, a lot of threads need closing, merging, or updating.
We updated the old submission/approve guidelines and editors made new guidelines recently. However, I really wish that the forum mods would take the initiative, create a google doc, discuss, share ideas, show it to Skye, and post it when we release the new version.
Would be best to have an Admin post the new rules thread, since staff would keep changing frequently on MDL.
We have 3 forums mods, but only one of them is active, others haven't logged in in months. I think we seriously need more forum mods, only one is not enough to monitor everything. 
Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
my suggestion will be to have forum mods for each sub-forum: one mod for South Korea, one for General Asia, etc.
this way, users that apply to become a forum mod can choose which sub-forum they will like to manage. I think it will make them more focused and the forums will look more organised. Ofc, there could be a mod in charge (maybe Sleepninja since she is an older mod) to supervise the new ones.

also, maybe the other staff can act as forum mods whenever is needed :D

but I think we need to wait until the new version is out since things will be easier for everyone. ^~^
Sleepninja locked this Oct 1, 2017 08:32 pm