I think it would be great if users able to see what is the original source material of the drama/movie. especially if the drama/movie is adapted from manga/comic/ western series/novel/literature etc...
As far as I can see now, we only have 'Related Content', which is the original Asian movie/drama.
and the 'Also Known As' looks like the other title of the movie/drama, it is not stated whether it's a novel or whatever.
As a reader, I would like to know if the drama I just watched is adapted from other source material. If it's manga that I'm not familiar with, I would want to check out the manga too.
It would be great to have this information in MyDramaList rather than going to multiple websites just to look for it.
11votes
Hessa Volunteer Staff
Adding that would be nice, we can write the title of the original source and the writer. And if it is allowed, we can then link to wiki to the original source and the writer.
moreover, i think it would be great adding links to official channels with drama if there is any. Now i dont mean the legal streaming sites. Many web dramas or tv specials are nowadays uploaded officially on youtube channels/naver/vlive with english subtitles. people often link it in comments but it would be great if we could find it for example in the description column so we can support them by watching it on official places
Hessa Volunteer Staff
@egg-mont
This suggestion is not about adding dramas to MDL. It is about linking or at least mentioning the original source of the plot/story.

However, to answer you, we are embedding official dramas that are on Youtube or vlive, but it takes time.

I vote yes, I want to know if based on a novel, and the author.