Today, I tried something. I'm rewatching jdrama Aishiteiru to Itte Kure (1995), a drama that got a rating of 7.7. 

Now, since I reeeeally like that drama, I wanted to watch or rewatch some of those jewels from the 90s and early 2000s. So I went into the "top shows" section, and selected "Drama" "Japan" "Rating" "Before 2005"...then I started browsing. But as the rating started getting lower than 8.0, I expected to see my drama appear, but then...no. the rating dropped to 7.5 and still no sign of Aishiteiru to Ittekure. 

This got me wondering...if this happens to many other drama (being skipped by the browser) then maybe there are lots of great dramas I don't get see in that list!!!

Do you know what's happening?

Can you post the link of what you're talking about?
This is only speculation, but I think another factor for which dramas appear in the top list is the amount of people that have rated them perhaps being a factor as well? Going through the list, my guess is that magic number is 250. 

Aishiteiru to Ittekure only has 232 people that have rated it, while there are other dramas in that list have 268 people (Bokura no Yuuki) or 257 (Beach Boys). ....Really similar in terms of amount of people who have rated it.

So if I was to wager a guess, a drama would need to have at least 250 people rate it in order to appear on any top list (regardless of where it ranks).
Hessa Volunteer Staff
@ViolinGal
I think that is the case. I remember hearing about that somewhere too.
@violinGal,
Spot on. It used to be 50, but we decided to increase it to 250 so that some newer shows/specials didn't skyrocket to the top so quickly. 
Yeah, and that's totally understandable. I wouldn't want the newest idol-drama to be N°1 because one user rated it 10. 

I guess that I should browse alphabetically in some searches...