The notifications bell button show a red box with a number in it, but when I click on it to see the comments or whatever it's notifying me of, it says there are no unread notifications.

same here 

the only notifications that appears is for the admins 

Admin, please help - I am unable to write private messages and it took me a while to search for a friend's message.  The notification sent to my email was blank.  The revamped format is very unstable.  Thanks.

Admin, please help - I am unable to write private messages and it took me a while to search for a friend's message.  The notification sent to my email was blank.  The revamped format is very unstable.  Thanks.

SummerWind:

What was the notification for? 

Old Private Messages will start working again in 1-2 days. As for writing new ones, that will be fixed shortly. 

Skye-N-Rain:

What was the notification for? 

Old Private Messages will start working again in 1-2 days. As for writing new ones, that will be fixed shortly. 

The notification was for a message sent to me.  Thanks for your prompt response.  

No problem! Can you forward it to [email protected]? Thank you.

@Skye-N-Rain  ... All my notifications disappeared ....  Will old notifications come back also?

When I last logged on 2 weeks ago, I had over 25 unread notifications (Red on Bell) (didn't get a chance to check any)  .... Now it says I have No Old or New notifications!

BTW, it seems u guys may have your hands full atm ... should I wait a few more days before posting more  technical difficulties?

rainruma:

@Skye-N-Rain  ... All my notifications disappeared ....  Will old notifications come back also?

When I last logged on 2 weeks ago, I had over 25 unread notifications (Red on Bell) (didn't get a chance to check any)  .... Now it says I have No Old or New notifications!

Unfortunately they won't.  Storing notifications would use up too many server resources. Sorry.

As for posting more technical difficulties, no go right ahead! We just might be a bit slow at getting to them unless they're critical.

I have another problem, when I open my messages only a random line of a message shows and nothing else *blank screen* but when I click on the blank space suddenly old messages load with a tag *2 years ago* (even though I know its been in the last few months) and then there is this endless scrolling  but I can't seem to reach where the last/most recent  conversation is.  *my hand hurts* 

Shouldn't the most recent message be on the top??

I miss the old message block where you can see the last few exchanged conversations on one screen block and click previous page to load more *if you're trying to find something said before* ... now it's just endless scrolling...

I don't like how the forum automatically subscribes me when I post in it so I keep seeing the notifications, it makes me think someone actually replied to me when they're not -_- or at least say "USER also replied to this thread" instead of "USER replied to your comment"

* Only INBOX is an option .... no SENT tab

* Listed randomly, by user ... not by most recent

* Scrolling past the few people listed, many users are missing !!! ...  maybe in a few days, as older messages are restored,  so will those users/senders.

** Also, being listed by 'DATE'  is preferable  than listing by 'User' ... (for me, they're easier to find)  .... I have too many conversation through PMs (w/ reference info stored in them) ...  I cannot always remember the user name, but I remember approximate date of conversation.   

---> otherwise, I hope you provide option to list by either ... or at least an option to flag/prioritize certain conversations.....  

Skye-N-Rain:

Unfortunately they won't.  Storing notifications would use up too many server resources. Sorry.

As for posting more technical difficulties, no go right ahead! We just might be a bit slow at getting to them unless they're critical.

If storing notifications would use up too many server resources, wouldn't it be better if there was an option (like a check box next to the notifications in the See Past Notifications section) where we could check the boxes (makes sure there's a Check All section included to avoid doing it one by one), so that we could delete the old notifications, and therefore free up some server space?

xcrystalstarx:

I don't like how the forum automatically subscribes me when I post in it so I keep seeing the notifications, it makes me think someone actually replied to me when they're not -_- or at least say "USER also replied to this thread" instead of "USER replied to your comment"

You can "Unsubscribe" from a thread .... listed under the "..."  options on top right, next to the "green eye" and green "Open" 

D_Angel:

I have another problem, when I open my messages only a random line of a message shows and nothing else *blank screen* but when I click on the blank space suddenly old messages load with a tag *2 years ago* (even though I know its been in the last few months) and then there is this endless scrolling  but I can't seem to reach where the last/most recent  conversation is.  *my hand hurts* 

Shouldn't the most recent message be on the top??

I miss the old message block where you can see the last few exchanged conversations on one screen block and click previous page to load more *if you're trying to find something said before* ... now it's just endless scrolling...

I just discovered that if you hit Page Up, all your history scrolls for you to review.  Its the reverse direction of what we had before.   I had the exact same thing happen to me.