when i click the "friends only" button in the feeds it only shows the last 4-6 posts that have been made and only those that have been set to friends only.  my friends posts that have been made global do not appear in the friends only feed. 

i'm wondering if this is the way it is supposed to work or if it's a bug.

combing through the global feed to find my friends' stuff is nearly impossible and a lot of stuff is being marked global b/c every time you post you have to change it back to "friends only". maybe other's dont have to change it back but i'm having to do it. 

cityhunter:

when i click the "friends only" button in the feeds it only shows the last 4-6 posts that have been made and only those that have been set to friends only.  my friends posts that have been made global do not appear in the friends only feed. 

i'm wondering if this is the way it is supposed to work or if it's a bug.

combing through the global feed to find my friends' stuff is nearly impossible and a lot of stuff is being marked global b/c every time you post you have to change it back to "friends only". maybe other's dont have to change it back but i'm having to do it. 

yeah i think the default should be friends,  it shouldn't be easy to accidentally post publicly, also i think that if you're friends with someone, and they post globally, it should appear in your friends feed just the way their friends only stuff appears in your global feed.  I plan avoid the global feeds to avoid spoilers.  

Naksken:

yeah i think the default should be friends,  it shouldn't be easy to accidentally post publicly, also i think that if you're friends with someone, and they post globally, it should appear in your friends feed just the way their friends only stuff appears in your global feed.  I plan avoid the global feeds to avoid spoilers.  

the spoilers are gonna be EVERYWHERE.  i think the default should be friends only too, as you know i post stuff about myself and my family on my feeds b/c it's a carefully curated group of not the dangerous  kind of weirdos.  i do NOT want to post a pic of my kid on the global feed accidentally!

I've made a separate ticket for the limited number of posts showing up issue here: http://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/30313-friends-feeds-list-limited-to-five-posts  It seems to be not just us.  

As for friends' global posts not appearing in the friends feeds, me and other friends are having the same issue, though I had thought that (unfortunately) it was just how it was supposed to work?  

I have to mark stuff as friends-only before I post it since (unfortunately again) global is the default, but they seem to stay that way and not get switched to global.  However, I'm curious because the only post of yours from today that I can see even if I go to your profile is the one from about 3 hours ago where you were talking about the friends vs. global issue.  If you say you keep having to switch stuff back I would assume you have made other posts?  But then why can't I see them?

@arega, i made a few posts last night , i think they are all global, (so good luck finding them lol) and if i want a post to be friends only i have to choose it before i post every single time i post.  when you choose the "friends only" setting it doesn't stay there., the default, like you said, seems to be global. 

@cityhunter  Okay I can see those if I go to your profile page.  I was under the mistaken impression that you had actually made posts that you had marked as friends-only, then posted, then had them appear as global even though you marked them as friends.  But yeah I don't like having to chose friends-only every time I post.

Yeah, I hope this gets fixed, because it's a problem for my MDL feeds, too. Scrolling through global feeds is too much of a work, but my friends' feeds show only 5 newest posts. 

I've been having the same problem too. Even my own feed only lets me scroll down a certain amount.

I am bothered by this one as well.  

If I put the setting for "Feeds" from the "Home" drop-down button from "Global" to "Friends", it doesn't save those settings.  Each time I go to the "Feeds" section, I have to click and change the settings.  I know it's only one click, but it's annoying to have to do this every single time.  I also believe that I should be able to see all my friends posts in my feeds even if it's set to "friends" only.  As a "friend" I should be able to see everything they share to the public as well.

The same goes for doing posts from your profile page.  Having to remember to switch from "Public" to "Friends" is rather annoying.  It would be nice if there were settings like on FB where you set it and it automatically remembers your post settings, and you can "manually" change it whenever you feel like switching over.  I don't like it set to "public" by default.

Was there a global feed before?  if so, i didn't even know that.   Am glad I am reading this thread so I understand this feature.  (or at least i think i understand)

I'm also bothered by that new feature global/friends and the fact you have to switch to see friends only feeds. 

I searched on the profile settings if we can add preferences for the feeds, but nothing appeared.

If so many people are bothered by this setting, is it possible to have it set on friends only feeds by default? Or can you add a fonction on our profile settings for people who want to make a choice?

Thanks for all the hard work to improve the site. Amazing job!

It would definitely be much easier and of preference to preset the Feeds section and our Feed Posts to automatically go to "Friends only", and only on the occasion that we want to go to the Global Feeds, then have that as the secondary option.

Particularly as obviously that is one of the main things about adding people as friends on here and not doing so with others, so that we can choose who we share with and see each others' posts, etc, whereas there's various people for example share too many spoilers which many of us would want to avoid, so it's best if those posts were more likely to be posted to friends only.  Plus in general I'm more interested in viewing what people on my friends list are sharing.

joannesmith:

Was there a global feed before?  if so, i didn't even know that.   Am glad I am reading this thread so I understand this feature.  (or at least i think i understand)

there was no global feed before the update. your feeds consisted only of what your friends posted and you could go to a user's profile and look at their feeds from there.

i am not opposed to a global feed. there are lots of ways it could be a good thing, i just want the ability to see my friends' post (even the global ones) from my friends feed and to have "friends only" be the default.  

joannesmith:

There wasn't a Global Feed before: it's a new addition; which is one I really like, but my preference, as is also with many others, is my Friends Feed before the Global one.

Agreed and thanks for letting me know...i was wondering if all this time i was missing that there even were global feeds.   I can see when that might be useful occasionally.