Often, because of the way things are now, I'll post to "public" instead of friends.  when I realise and I try to change it, often people have commented on it.  Currently I have to delete the post and then re-post it because when you edit, you can't edit privacy.  Is this something you can change?  

Also how's it going with seeing your friends' global posts in the friends feed?  Is this something you're working on, or is it something you hope we all come to accept?

Before we had no privacy option, and that was ok because our posts would only appear on our friends feed and on our profile, so only people who we already knew or who were deliberately looking on our individual pages would see it.  Now the default is public (I know this has been brought up a million times) which means if we make a mistake everyone on MDL sees our posts when they go to the feeds.  

this is not ok.  ever.  under any circumstances - if you can't let us choose a default because of the structure of the database, then when we select the feed we should land on our friends feed and "friends" should be the universal default.  Can you give us the option to choose our default?  If so, when?

All of this would be much easier to swallow if, when we've accidentally posted publicly we could, when we've realised we've made a mistake, just edit the privacy settings on that individual post.

Also, as an aside, when I delete comments on friend's post, the post isn't deleting, it's showing as a blank comment.

What she said  ^ ^!