Like most, when I comment on a feed post I mostly just leave it afterwards, but there are times when I don't always want to keep them up afterwards, like briefly sharing a link or something, so on those occasions I delete the post afterwards.

However recently the times when I have done so the post either is left with this blank post saying "deleted", or the post is still there and won't delete.

Please can you add back the ability to properly delete our comments again if we only want to temporarily add something.

Did someone commented on that comment? I believe you should be able to share the link on feeds now.

The ones saying "deleted" have replies to them, but the one that didn't delete didn't have any replies.

Could you link me a the post

I don't see the "deleted" blank posts, could you screenshot me.

Just been going through my old feed posts, and ones from almost a year ago where I deleted various comments I made and they were gone before, but now there's a huge list of "deleted" blank posts.  Please can you create an option that properly deletes posts without them being left with blank ones showing, as it has taken away from the ability to make temporary posts without a mess being left behind on our feeds.

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 SilverCloud:

Just been going through my old feed posts, and ones from almost a year ago where I deleted various comments I made and they were gone before, but now there's a huge list of "deleted" blank posts.  Please can you create an option that properly deletes posts without them being left with blank ones showing, as it has taken away from the ability to make temporary posts without a mess being left behind on our feeds.

please provide screencaps and links for Jin to see them

I provided them before, which Ji-N saw last week.  But have deleted them since, as they show posts from someone else's feedpost.

I don't know if I should make a separate topic on this but it relates to the Feeds, only my issue is the other way round where I have posts on my Feeds disappearing without my having deleted them, which is strange. I only noticed this a day ago when I scrolled through my Feeds and noticed at least 1 post was missing which I had not deleted. Hope it is just a temporary bug or glitch and that it would be restored soon. 

Just noticed I can't delete comments at all now, as even though they first appear to disappear, but refreshing the page or going back to the page later and they're still there.  And can't edit them either once clicked on deleted (even though they haven't).

Also still the issue with all the "deleted" comments all over the place including from posts a year ago.  I've been noticing with others as well when they only wanted to share something briefly or they changed their mind about adding their comment.

SilverCloud:

Just noticed I can't delete comments at all now, as even though they first appear to disappear, but refreshing the page or going back to the page later and they're still there.  And can't edit them either once clicked on deleted (even though they haven't).

Also still the issue with all the "deleted" comments all over the place including from posts a year ago.  I've been noticing with others as well when they only wanted to share something briefly or they changed their mind about adding their comment.

Can you try it again. I tested out a feed post and it successfully deleted for me (and didn't come back). 

Just tried several times again but the same thing, where it appears to disappear, but then I refresh the page or go back to the page again after clicking elsewhere, and it's still there.

Weirdly enough if I go to the page of post, it just shows the blank "deleted" post, yet on the feeds it's still there.

SilverCloud:

Just tried several times again but the same thing, where it appears to disappear, but then I refresh the page or go back to the page again after clicking elsewhere, and it's still there.

Weirdly enough if I go to the page of post, it just shows the blank "deleted" post, yet on the feeds it's still there.

I wonder if that may be cache. Can you make a test comment on your feeds, and then delete it?

I did a test comment on one of my posts and deleted it, and even though it doesn't show on the post page itself (thankfully not even a blank "deleted" post) and it says that there's 0 comments on the post, yet on the feeds it is still there (only it says underneath "View -1 more comments").

Can you link me to the post in question?