Hi everyone!!

Recently I have discovered Thai dramas due to the Thai ver of Full House and I've been in heaven! I have watched all of the U-Prince series, The Ugly Duckling series as well as some BL dramas like SOTUS, Waterboyy, 2moons, Make it right, lovesick etc. I really like these high school/university set dramas and I seem to especially love the cheesy dramas made by GMMTV. 

I really want to venture into more proper Lakorns but I'm not sure which ones to choose because I want to watch romance lakorns but I also really hate too much violence... I've heard that a lot of them seem to use violence as a plot point??? (I couldn't stand U-Prince: The Handsome Cowboy because of all the attempted rape and violence, luckily it was one of the last ones I watched; yuck. do not recommend.)

I know there are so many good ones out there, I just need your help to find them! What are your favourite Thai dramas??? 

Did you watch the Secret Love Series (My Lil Boy, Puppy Honey, and Bake Me Love) those are GMM and they are cute too. (Although My Lil Boy was a little nuts, watch the trailer and see if you will like it because it wasn't for everyone.) I liked Puppy Honey alot (although the sequel was not my favorite) and even though people seemed to not like Bake Me Love I thought it was super cute and fun.

If you liked the Thai FullHouse I really really recommend Kiss Me. It is the Thai version of Mischevious/Playful Kiss and it is my favorite one. It also has the same actor an actress as Thai FullHouse. I liked FullHouse but I liked Kiss Me alot more ^^

Good luck. I know there are a lot of recommendation pages for Thai shows, I also go into the show on the list and ask if there are themes like that as well before I watch them because I know some Thai shows can be far more extreme then other Asian dramas. ^^

1)Hormones ( it deals with teenage problems so it have some violence)
2) kiss me (same leads as that of full house)
3) kiss the series
4) slam dance : the series
5) city of light : the o.c. thailand
6) devil lover
7) room alone : the series
Wanna be Superstar and Leh Nangfah are good ones without violence!
Thank you guys!!!! I'll check them out ♡♡♡

@Katy

If you're looking for proper romantic lakorns, especially of the romantic-comedy variety, here are my suggestions:-

1. 'Oum Ruk' - 2006 production so the picture quality may not be as sharp as your recent ones but this is one hilarious, sweet and touching romantic-comedy show. It sparked of an 'Oum Ruk' fever in Thailand during its airing and it made its 2 main leads (Ken Theeradeth and Anne Thongprasom) to be a major on-screen couple for the rest of their careers. 

2. 'Soot Sanaeha' - 2010 production which also features Ken T and Anne T as the main leads. It's another romantic-comedy which has solid casts and acting (one-note villains aside), and a good script. The main female lead is a real standout here for her mercurial but winsome character.

3. The 'Gentlemen of Juthathep' (or 'Khun Chai') series - 2012 production which features 5 separate shows about 5 brothers of an established aristocratic family. Set in the 1950s (so if you love period dramas, this might be a huge draw for you), each 5 brothers have their own romance and an entire drama is dedicated to the telling of each one. There is very little hard violence here as all 5 brothers are brought up in high society and are known to be the epitome of being a 'gentleman' - so you can imagine how interesting it can be as they go about romancing their ladies and overcoming the various obstacles along the way. 

The shows' names are: 'Khun Chai Taratorn' (the least interesting of the 5 brother's stories), 'Khun Chai Pawonruj', 'Khun Chai Puttipat', 'Khun Chai Rachanon' and 'Khun Chai Ronapee'.

Hope this helps! 

I have been interested in Thai lakorns for a while now, so I think I have enough experience to recommend several romance dramas. 

Torranee Ni Nee Krai Krong - I love the chemistry between the leads! Although this lakorn is a little slow-paced, the leads' other works are fantastic. (Duang Jai Akhanee & Game Rai Game Ruk, etc)

Paragit Ruk Series: Yeut Fah Ha Pigat Ruk - This drama was adorable with a good amount of action, building up suspense, which I personally enjoy. I suggest you also watch the others in the series. 

Bpoop Phaeh Sunniwat - Bella Ranee is one of my favorite Thai actresses (Also in Padiwarada and Khun Chai Puttipat) I adore the leads, and it has become one of my favorite lakorns of all time. It's still currently airing, so I feel like there is such a strong focus on the main couple that I hate whenever anyone else gets screen time, especially when their backgrounds haven't been built up from the start. The male lead is the kindest, and it's just heart-warming seeing their interactions. He is very aloof and a bit cold at first, but he plays the character very well. 

Favorite line:

FL -  "I want to go home."

ML - "I won't let you go."  (It sounds possessive without context, but it's actually very sweet)

I can't say how much I recommend this lakorn, and I hope you end up watching it. 

* Every drama I mentioned (even the ones in parentheses) are recommended. 

Sampatan huajai 

Katy:

Hi everyone!!

Recently I have discovered Thai dramas due to the Thai ver of Full House and I've been in heaven! I have watched all of the U-Prince series, The Ugly Duckling series as well as some BL dramas like SOTUS, Waterboyy, 2moons, Make it right, lovesick etc. I really like these high school/university set dramas and I seem to especially love the cheesy dramas made by GMMTV.

I really want to venture into more proper Lakorns but I'm not sure which ones to choose because I want to watch romance lakorns but I also really hate too much violence... I've heard that a lot of them seem to use violence as a plot point??? (I couldn't stand U-Prince: The Handsome Cowboy because of all the attempted rape and violence, luckily it was one of the last ones I watched; yuck. do not recommend.)

I know there are so many good ones out there, I just need your help to find them! What are your favourite Thai dramas??? 

the gifted is my favourite drama!! i highly recommend it, (it isnt highly romantic but its very interesting and charming) but i would also recommend theory of love