Sleepninja wrote: We do tend to like the same dramas. :)

For the most part (: So I'm sure I'll like Jam Loey Rak (:
I have a humble experience of two Thai dramas: Defendant of Love and Leave the last light at horizon. They were good and interesting but I don't know why I haven't watched any other Lakorn, maybe because I didn't find the right recommendations so if anyone has a great Thai to recommend I would love to give it a try but it has to be available.
My experience with Thai dramas ended after I watched one drama a long time ago, I don't even remember its title, it was about a prisoner or something like that and I can't get over that bad experience, there were some good actors and great chemistry but hell no, it played on the ethical level way too much and the people who did wrong deeds were never punished so I don't think I will repeat that messy experience ever again. I know that I shouldn't judge all Thai dramas after a bad experience but the first impression killed any desire of watching any other drama from the same country.
Yeah my experience with Thai dramas did not go well either. Many of the ones I tried to watch ended up as some sort of sad rape plot. Okay I get rape can be an interesting story but geez. I'd like to watch another plot scheme. I guess it's why I mostly stick to JDramas and Taiwanese ones and some KDramas. They usually have comedies that don't involve rape. >>;
Bavexuat wrote: Yeah my experience with Thai dramas did not go well either. Many of the ones I tried to watch ended up as some sort of sad rape plot. Okay I get rape can be an interesting story but geez. I'd like to watch another plot scheme. I guess it's why I mostly stick to JDramas and Taiwanese ones and some KDramas. They usually have comedies that don't involve rape. >>;

THat´s true..that´s the reason why I only rarely watch them too :)
But when I am fed up with K-DRamas or J-DRamas...THai-DRamas are the perfect entertainment then.
JUst a short one...and in the end just for themoment but they are.
Though not everyone likes that type of Drama...I have watched many of them already. MOStly from viki.
If you want..I can give you a recommendation.
Same counts to Rourou :)
I don't mind Thai films though, I watched all sort of horror films out there. We have a thread about Thai films in MDL, I will go there to talk about my Thai films experience^^
Hmm There are a good number of series that are like that, but there are also series that are lighter and funnier. It's a healthy mixture in my opinion. ^^ I just like that they have the ability to make me feel emotions so strongly and I get swept away by the stories.

Rou, if you ever feel like giving one a try again, I would recommend Sao-Chai Hi-Tech or Phoo Yai Lee Gab Nang Ma. They have a healthy amount of humor in them and I found them very enjoyable. ^^ Phoo Yai has an annoying theme song though. I would laugh with frustration because it would pop into my head at work. XDDD
I might try them again. Just...no rape, please. Last one I clicked on was sad. D: Summaries tell lies. XD
Fuuu! I really need to work on finishing Love on Air, but that lakorn is terrible. I don't know what went wrong. I've seen the two leads in different dramas and they acted well in them. Their acting is terrible in this drama though and the writing is awful. T-T
I finally completed Rak Hee Hua Jai Rao Jong
Man that drama was bad! I would rate it a 5 out of 10.
Not really into Thai Dramas. But Thai Movies are really great! :) > Hello Stranger > Seven Something > Crazy Little Thing Called Love > Coming Soon > Love of Siam Just in case you'd like to watch some movies.
Lindysaducos wrote: Not really into Thai Dramas. But Thai Movies are really great! :)
> Hello Stranger
> Seven Something
> Crazy Little Thing Called Love
> Coming Soon
> Love of Siam

Just in case you'd like to watch some movies.

Those all sound great. :) By the way, we have a thread for Thai movies if you think of any more. So far, I've only seen Ghost of Mae Nak.

Oooh I almost forgot, there's also a discussion thread for Crazy Little Thing Called Love, that one seems to be really popular. I really need to watch it. :D
I was intrigued and started to watch Sawan Biang because it was at the top of a lot of favorite lakorn lists. I didn't like it at first because it seemed too much like an American Soap Opera which I absolutely hate. Although it is super cheesy and melodramatic it is really fun to watch.
Goliath1357 wrote: I was intrigued and started to watch Sawan Biang because it was at the top of a lot of favorite lakorn lists. I didn't like it at first because it seemed too much like an American Soap Opera which I absolutely hate. Although it is super cheesy and melodramatic it is really fun to watch.

haha I know, at first I didn't think I would like them either because they are like soap operas. But then I got caught up in the story and it didn't seem to bother me as much. :)
I really enjoyed Sawan Biang.