Simple : who read the book, saw the movie, and what is your opinion on the story. 

AND : how hyped are you about this ! 

Personnally the news of this being an upcoming drama made my day because 1) I love this story, both the japanese book and the 2010 UK movie 2) Haruma Miura, whom I believe to be a great actor, is going to play the lead. 

My heart isn't ready for this, I'm going to be torn apart, smashed on the ground and someone's gonna have to pick up the pieces, but I'm WATCHING THIS

Whrn i first heard the casting news,my first reaction was why Haruma Miura is always playing in sad roles,my heart is too week for these kind of things :D but he is excellent in them so no complain here.ı had read another book of the writer but i got spoiler about this book so i didnt read it.maybe i shoul give it another try 
yeah, and don't be put off by the 2010 UK movie, it's a great adaptation. Different from the book, yes, but still a very good movie
Watched the movie sometimes back, before I even know Haruma is getting this role. Didn't dare to read the book although I have a copy of it with me... I don't know, I may try later when I feel up for another round of torture here.

Such a heartbreaking story, and in drama version when they play it out like this, it is even more heartbreaking. I'm already crying on the first episode, not even sure how to get through the rest. >.<

Have a feeling that this could be one of the best drama of the year, though it is coming out a little early, we will see.
Do you have an idea where to find the drama ? 
As usual I watch mine with chinese sub. As for English sub, I believe everyone are waiting to see if anyone is picking this drama up. We will know by mid-end of this week I believe.
When you see the cast, it would be hard to believe no one would pick it up. I hope...
Yeap, I believe someone is working on it too. Hopefully soon you'll all get to enjoy - or not quite, since the story actually hurts - this drama too! XD