+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Korean food

Korean food

When I watch dramas and movies one thing that's always fascinated me was the korean cuisine that we see these characters chowing down alllllll the time. Their food and the way they eat everything from the dishes, utensils, floor tables, side dishes, ramen pots and more.

Anyone else?

There are two things I really want to try. One is kimchi, cause it's just traditional. And the other is kimbap cause it looks like sooo much fun. Of course there's other stuff, but those two are on the top of my list.

Has anyone else tried or wants to try korean food?

p.s. even the ramyen looks great.

we have a Koren rest in downtown. Hubby and I went there three summers ago and had bbq and so much food that i cant remember...i had an experience of bbq'ing my meat like in korean dramas. I did all of this when i didnt know about korean dramas

i like Korean food because its spicy and i really want to try kimchi and thats the only thing i can remember... Am planning to go eat in KOREAN TOWN this summer and when i do i will put some pics .. ...

Quote Originally Posted by msrules92 View Post

Isn't the second one just sushi? That being said, i would love to try some Korean food. Even Black Bean Ramen/noodles?

@Skye: Kimbap doesn't have raw fish/tuna like sushi does since it can only contain ham, eggs and various veggies. And they're always served warm, which makes them more yummier!

@msrules92: You should try kimchi!!! I'm not fond of spicy foods but there's a certain taste on them that makes me want to eat more and more. They're a good combination with meat and any types of ramen too!

I've had kimbap before. My friend made it for me, sans the ham because i don't eat pork so I haven't really eaten much Korean cuisine. Though I have tried a beef rendition of Jajajanmyun (if that's how you spell it) the black bean noodles and wasn't really a fan...
    aside from that....i've had some kimchi! my neighbors are very kind and like to share lol. its delicious!

I've had Kimchi Stew, and the stuff is awesome!

I wanna try Kimchi too : DD and also bulgogi (if it's the one i mean...), Jajangmyun,

and when i have enough age i wanna try soju/makgeolli : DD

I don't think they eat this often in dramas (or at least I've never really seen this eaten in the dramas I've watched), but bibimbap, rice with an egg and various vegetables mixed in, is the greatest thing known to humanity, especially dolsot bibimbap, when they serve it in a piping hot stone bowl that's coated in raw egg and sesame oil so that the rice along the bottom fries up nicely. And then with the gochujang mixed in! It sounds really simple, but YUM.

I wanna try the seaweed soup that they eat for their birthdays(I think)