06-26-2011 12:16 PM
June is almost over, which means we're nearly half-way through with 2011! Yes, you can now feel old...
I thought it would be a fun way to review the dramas 2011 has offered us thus far by listing our top six dramas of the past six months. The dramas can be from any country, and they can be dramas that are still airing. The only rule, of course, is that they must have started airing after January 1. Feel free to include any comments about how you constructed your ranking!
For my list, these are the dramas that just grabbed me at my emotional core, forcing me to obsessively refresh DC for each new hit of that drama crack. I didn't take into account execution or objective quality; I just based it on the gasps, the laughter, the tears, and the warmth each one gave me.
Without further ado:
1) Romance Town
1) City Hunter (I couldn't choose between City Hunter and Romance Town, so they're just going to have to learn how to share.)
3) Dream High
4) 49 Days
5) Greatest Love
6) Drunken to Love You
What're your top 6 of the first half of the year?
06-26-2011 12:21 PM
In no particular order:
1) City Hunter
2) The Greatest Love
3) Dream High
4) Lie To Me
5) New Tales of Gisaeng
6) Romance Town
06-26-2011 12:22 PM
Darn, when I launched MyDramaList, I wanted to have an official Midyear favorite dramas thing.
06-26-2011 12:26 PM
That's okay Skye, there's always next year. Now you can work towards an end of the year favorites list, or something like that.
06-26-2011 12:32 PM
Oops, so sorry---didn't mean to jump the gun! (>.<) Can we still have an official one of some sort?
Originally Posted by Skye N Rain
06-26-2011 12:32 PM
I LOVE this thread already. (and don't worry skye, you've already done so much, although the ability to sort by year would come in handy here)
Here are my favs from 2011
1) Marumo no Okite--it's not even finished and it managed to bump off one of my all time favorites from my profile
2) Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta
3) Inu wo Kau to Iu Koto
4) Young Jack Black
4) Koukousei Restaurant
1) Misaki Number One
2) Asuko March
3) Rebound-- yes it made the top 5 best and top 3 most disappointing, lol. I thought it would be better before I watched it.
06-26-2011 12:35 PM
Wow, I went and checked and realized there were more drama's this year that I liked than I thought.. here goes
2.)LADY~Saigo no Hanzai Profile~
3.)The Greatest Love
06-26-2011 01:13 PM
When I go over my list, I realize that I didn't really watch a lot of dramas from this year xP So here's my top three:
1. Dream High
2. City Hunter
3. 49 Days
06-26-2011 01:31 PM
I think I haven't watched many 2011 dramas but here's mine.
1. Utsukushii Rinjin - Totally kept my mind awake and what's better; it's a drama from my fav actress Nakama Yukie.
2. Dream High - Nice drama with many young idols. *feels awkward to say they're young since i'm younger*
3. 49 Days - I had high expectations because this was said to be the "second Secret Garden". Well I kinda liked this one a bit more at some parts. I think this dragged a bit too much in the middle and a bit too dramatic at the end...
4. My Princess - I had high expectations to this also. Started out good but this disappointed me...
Omo seems like those are all dramas I've watched from 2011 :O
06-26-2011 02:32 PM
I love this thread. I enjoy rating dramas purely on my like or dislike and for whatever reason I choose.
1) The Greatest Love (This is the one that pleased me to bits in every way. I laughed, cried and was really impressed with the writing, acting and story arc. My #1 so far.)
2) 49 Days (This one was another favorite. So well done but I give it 2nd place for not giving me "everything" I wanted)
3) City Hunter (This one is a pleasant surprise for me. I didn't expect to watch it much less end up kind of loving it and being imressed by the tale they are telling me!! It's been such a fun ride so far!)
4) Dream High (It's been a while since I've watched but I still remember the fun elements and loving how the writer spanned the school years and pulled it off so smoothly. I loved the passing of the "K" pendant and the trails and successes of the Dream High team! So Cute!)
5) Lie To Me (I'm watching this for purely girlish, romantic reasons and I'm loving it for the chemistry of Kang Ji Hwan and Yoon Eun Hye...best pairing of two actors in a long long while. Fire!)
6) Romance Town (I'm kind of surprised I like this as much as I do.)