M. Simon

Addicted Heroin
It's said Heroin/Addicted is the best BL series ever made. It's true even though the story is weak, full of cliches. If you read Boys Love stories for several years like I did, then you know "Heroin" is the most typical thing you can come across. It's that kind of story written by woman for woman with some rape fantasies that most girls think are hot. Also some things happend out of read more the blue just for the sake of creating some drama.

Xu Weizhou and Huang Jingyu became stars over night after filming this series. Why? Because those two leads are GORGEOUS. I'm a 32 years old woman and have seen a lot of gay movies/series. Not only asian projects but movies all over the world. If people say Gu Hai and Bai Lou Yin have the best chemistry on screen ever witnessed than it is the simple truth. Those two actors didn't know each other and became close friends while filming. Their relationship in real life is even more beautiful then their relationship on screen. There are lots of forced kisses but also gentle touches. It shows that they really like each other A LOT. They seem to have a very special connection and a deep feeling. Unfortunately real life is difficult so I wonder if they stayed in contact. They are good together and we were lucky to see their love and affection on screen.

The music was great. They chose some beautiful songs. I liked it a lot how it was filmed. Compared to some thai dramas Heroin looked more raw. It's because of the low budget I guess, but it is a good thing. We have two attractive actors who look in every scene very "real" and not like models. The acting felt very natural. Jingyu wasn't even an actor, he only went with the flow and it shows.

Some of the older cast did a very good job too. So overall the quality of this series was great. It was charming, artistic, with lots of beautiful and enjoyable scenes. The kiss in episode 15 made my heart beat like crazy. The music, the acting, everything was beautiful.

This characters and actors will be loved forever for what they did with the series. Overall 10 points. It cannot get any better.
That's the best thing I have watched in 2017. Hands down. I saw a fanvid on Youtube and got the impression this is a Boys Love story with some heavy drama, but boy was I wrong! I laughed so much. It's smart and pretty deep if you think about it. The main lead is hilarious, the acting was very good, the bromance was cute and touching. Do yourself a favor and watch it now.
City Hall
The best korean drama I have ever watched. Kim Sun-a is my favorite actress of all time. The drama is very clever, the character development is terrific, the love story meaningful. I laughed, I cried, I was on the edge of my seat. It cannot get any better. I heard it wasn't that popular in Korea, well, it's something that doesn't appeal to the younger audience who prefers cute boys and cheesy read more drama.
City Hall is brillant. Enough said. Do yourself a favor and watch it NOW!
Oppressive Love
I liked it. Such stories where being gay isn't that big of a deal so that the characters get together pretty fast are once in a while refreshing. The interaction between the characters felt very natural. I wished for more kisses or touches, but the one we got was great. Overall the story was a bit mysterious and not that well done. I wouldn't want to watch such a movie only because read more of the second story line. But hey, why not trying out different things? It was an ejoyable watch with some charming characters. I had to rewatch some scenes because I liked them so much. So go watch it! It was nice.
Sotus: The Series
I heard a lot of good things about SOTUS. To be honest it's one of the smarter stories out there. I'm not familiar with those university systems. It seems it was highly exagerated in the series but something similiar does exist in Thailand. It really was interesting to see how someone like Artit seemed to be the bad guy, but at the end there were no bad guys. It was really touching, read more intelligent and you can learn some life lessons. To see the diference between the senior Artit and his self in private was really cute. He was such a different person. The love story makes your heart beat faster, that's also a plus. My only complain: Such characters like Kongpob who can do EVERYTHING (intelligent, talented, righteous) are getting boring fast. I'm not a fan of the actor either. His facial expressions were always pretty similar. He was a tipical nice guy and that was it. I don't need bad boys but I prefer characters with more interesting personalities and more conflict going on in their mind. Overall the series is as good as people say. For me a bit to cheesy at the end but hey! Ohters will like it. A big plus: I didn't feel like skipping parts even though the series is pretty long. It was really well done. They all looked like models and it was very "polished" which I don't prefer so much, but well, why not.
Grey Rainbow
I'm not a fan of this. The character development was unexpected. It started out as a very realistic story with a gay boy who is in love with his good friend but want to have a "normal" life. It's all about being gay. One line I will never forget when they worked on a school project. Nuer was writing about great love stories, Porsche was working on LGBT rights. At the end read more he said: "Look at the diference. Your work takes you to temples, mine to night clubs." For that line alone this story deserves a 10, seriously. What I didn't like how it changed later on. A serious drama became somehow a cheesy love story where Nuer was in love with Porsche the whole time even though having a girlfriend for four years. I didn't see that coming. So everything was resolved pretty fast. I only watched 2 of 4 episodes. I lost interest after they became a couple. It seems they were accepted by the family but the story has a tragic ending. Maybe I shouldn't review something I didn't watch to the end, but the lead actors weren't charming enough to force me keep watching. I'm not a fan of those characters who lack will and personality and are smiling a lot. Nuer was such a character for me. That said in the two episodes I watched there were some very emotional and serious scenes. Overall it was a good watch. I can at least recommend the first two episodes.
Night Flight
Oh boy! That movie did things to me ...!
First of all, the music is phenomenal! I downloaded the soundtrack. It was so beautiful and made me almost cry. Well, at the end I cried anyways.
Yong Ju is a very optimistic, always friendly and smiling person who comes across as very strong. Gi Woong is more the gloomy type who is not honest with himself and very insecure. The relationship is read more not easy and Yong Ju has to endure a lot. It's not a fluffy love story, but you can feel the connection between those two. Seeing Yong Ju break at the end was one of the most shocking things I have ever seen in any kind of movie. It touched me deep in my heart ... incredible. While writing this review I feel like crying again.
It's such an outstanding work. Not perfect, I'll admit that. But it's so good in many aspects and such a great piece of art. Go watch it!
Btw, the movie has a happy ending. Don't be afraid!
HIStory: Obsessed
I wonder why people like this so much. My guess: because of the intimate scenes. The story is a mess from the beginning to the end.
That said, the actors seem to be very kind and funny people in real life. They took their role very serious and had no problem with touching and kissing each other. That's a plus. I just wished the story would have been different. I would like read more to see the same leads acting in another series. I would watch it for sure!
Falling in Love with a Rival
I did skip many scenes of this series. That's never a good sign. I had to cringe A LOT. Second hand embarrassment at it's best. Overall it was pretty funny and sometimes enjoyable. Unfortunately I didn't feel the chemistry between the two leads, but it's not a bad series. If you have nothing better to do and you want to see something light and funny, then go for it!
I Go To School Not By Bus
That's a hidden gem. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It was really deep, cute and overall very, very nice. One of my favorite gay short films. Highly recommended!
No Regret
One of the best gay movies I have ever watched. Beautiful and outstanding. Great characters, great cinematography. It's a GOOD movie, it doesn't matter if you like gay storylines or not. This is such a well done piece of cinema worth watching.
Make It Right: The Series
I'm not that young anymore and I must say I felt like a pedophile watching this young (sometimes naked) boys loving each other. So why did I watch it? I felt embarrassed many times. I watched it because the actor who played Tee was GREAT. How that boy was able to communicate every emotion just with his gazes, his eyes, is beyond me. A true talent, I must say.

The story itself read more is weak. The boys lack personality. There are some background stories going on but even after watching two seasons I don't know much about the characters. It's only cute boys being in love and having some never ending problems. What surprised me the most (maybe it's the fault of the translation), but they did some soft and very cute kisses (my heart skipped a beat), it looks all innocent and beautiful and the actors are pretty young too. But then they talk about sex in a way ... I don't know. I somehow coudn't imagine this young boys "doing it" with each other. And it's better I ddin't imagine it! It just felt a bit out of place for me. Not so much for other couples, but Tee and Fuse ... it was strange.

Overall this series made some butterflies in my stomach flying around like crazy and that doesn't happen often. So I have to give it a good rating. I'm pretty sure I will not watch such boys love series in the future ever again. I really liked it somehow, but I know I'm too old for this.
Yandai byway no.10 - Season 1
I found this series on Youtube and didn't expect much. It blew my mind immediately! My first thought: It's the best thing ever, even better then Heroin/Addicted. It was beautifully filmed, the music is great, the scenerey ... fantastic! It is such a soft and charming story with a very interesting character, a novelist who writes like an old men but is naive and behaves like a child. The actors are very read more charming, good looking too, I guess. It's all pleasant to the eye. I enjoyed especially how honest and straight forward the relationship was carried out. I thought the writer of the novel the series is based on must be a genius.

Well, then I watched episode 7. I had a very bad feeling at the end. I don't want to spoil, but the story goes in a direction I didn't enjoy very much. I'm a very open minded person so at the beginning I found the conflict very interesting, well executed and overall pretty original. It's something you don't see often and that's always a good thing. Reading the original novel (an English translation of course) I must say it's terrible written, I always wonder how they are able to create such beautiful series with such trashy source material.

So at the end I'm conflicted about the rating. There were some scenes I wish I had never seen. They planned a season 2 but I guess it will never come. It leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. But overall it was a good series worth watching. Well deserved 8.5 points. Go watch it NOW!
Like Love: Uncut Version
I'm not so happy with this one. First, the two boys lack chemistry, but they behave very natural and seem at ease when they are together. That's a plus. No awkward gazes in each others eyes for hours. No awkward touches which seem to mean the world to them. Both characters have distinctive personalities especially Mai Ding who is an adorable dork. I loved the scene in the cinema. He was so read more annoying I wanted to punch him myself. The humor is sometimes very good. Another plus.

What I really didn't like was the lack of intimate scenes (kisses, touches). I don't know if it had to do with the censorship, but there is really not much going on. And then there is the uncut version where we have sex scenes that makes you speechless and seem VERY out of place. Watching the censored version your impression of this love will be completely different. Some soft kisses or soft touches would have been nice. So it looks most of the time like the two boys are only good friends hanging out together.

Overall it was a nice watch, the acting was okay, the music annoyed me several times. The filming was very amateurisch, but it gave the whole series a more realistic touch.

I can recommend "Like Love" if someone likes to see characters who are funny and behave (in a relationship) very differently. It's not the type of cute love with lots of shyness and insecurity you see in many boys love series. It's more a funny and straight forward approach with two strong minded characters.
HIStory: Stay Away From Me
I liked this a lot. It's such a cute, heart warming love story. The pace was good, nothing happend too fast. It was very easy to follow the story. Both leads were charming. The end was happy too. What else do you want?

November 30