Misunderst0_od

Missing 9
Mar 9, 2017
This drama was really random and unpredictable, but that's what I loved about it. I know people had mixed feelings about Missing 9. This drama, at its core, is a comedy. Never forget that as you watch. The island itself is a dark place that tests human nature. You will see common themes like Nature vs. Nurture and Survival of the Fittest. In fact, they even mention back home (Seoul) as the read more happy place, so it would make sense that the scenes shot in Korea are more comedic and lighthearted.

Yes, it's kind of flawed and has its plot holes, but considering the original writer dropped out and another writer had to come in and pick up the pieces, it's pretty darn good. At times it did feel like different writers were writing different parts. It would go from Comedy to Horror to Action, for example. However, in the end, I think the last scene represented the drama real well as a whole. Basically, bright and colorful, but one hot mess. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
Glowing She
Aug 8, 2012
It's a light, heartwarming drama that you'd watch when you have nothing better to watch. You've probably seen the story line before, where the famous superstar falls in love with a nobody. Although it's not really original, it still manages to keep you entertained. I love how the main characters interact with one another. It's amusing to see them quip back and forth with each other. One of the main things this read more drama had going for it was So Yi Hyun. You just can't hate her or her character. She's just so lovable.

The drama is only 12 episodes long, so the show didn't drag on more than it should have. It was short, sweet, and simple. The ending, while it wasn't bad, it wasn't all that great either. It just felt a bit unfinished. However, I think it's the writers' way of saying that life goes on.
The Four
Aug 10, 2012
It has a great cast, great story line, and amazing soundtrack. The acting was good and so was the script. You sort of fall in love with the main characters and the chemistry they have with each other. At points it does get confusing if you don't pay attention (especially since there are so many characters to keep track of), but you'll eventually figure out what's going on. There were some pretty read more cool fight scenes. The cinematography was excellent. The movie is filled with cool shots. Most importantly, it was entertaining. Overall, a very good action movie.
V-Focus
Jan 26, 2017
Despite the average plot, V-focus managed to keep me interested until the end. It ended up being a lot funnier than I thought it would be, especially with cute elements like K.K. (the little AI robot). While the drama did drag in certain areas, considering this drama was extended, I think the pacing was pretty decent(particularly for the first half of the drama). V-focus also included some very interesting couple pairings. I read more loved the noonamance in this one. Also, there was a super refreshing love triangle, which I consider a breakthrough for Taiwanese dramaworld. I also loved the soundtrack, but by the time I got to the end of the drama I was so sick of the intro song (since they play it so much for break scenes). Overall, a light and fun watch to kill time, but don't expect an amazing plot.
Bodyguard Sao
Dec 16, 2015
The main thing I liked was there was a strong female lead that kept the main guy in check. Also, the second/side couple was pretty cute. However, I struggled to get through this drama and found it mostly boring. It had a lot of action scenes, which wouldn't have been a problem had they not been so badly shot, edited, and choreographed. Also, it had a lot of the same old lakorn read more tropes, which I found myself fast-forwarding through. It did have some good moments though.
Wind Chime
May 30, 2016
Let me start of by saying this drama is not meant for everyone. It's a modern suspense/thriller drama, with a supernatural element making it refreshingly different. My favorite part of the drama was the gorgeous cinematography paired along with the music. It gave the show some visually stunning scenes.

The plot, however, is the drama's biggest flaw. It is super confusing, especially in the beginning because you don't know the girl's origin read more story. The main character is a mysterious lone wolf, who seems set on helping people along her journey. The more you follow her along, the more gets revealed. You have to watch the drama for at least 5-6 episodes to give it a chance. While a romance subplot does exist, there is little emphasis on it. It wasn't a problem for me, but I can see how many people would have an issue with this. The main reason to watch this drama is for the cinematography, supernatural elements, and for the badass female lead who kicks butt!
Bad Romance The Series
Jan 18, 2017
This drama starts out decent, but goes downhill by the time you get the to the end. What I did like was the main couple. The main girl (Yihwa) is strong and fierce and does not fall into the trap of the main guy (Cho). Cho has the aura of a playboy and it was fun watching Yihwa do all these silly things to investigate if he is gay or not. While read more the gay couple in this drama was super cute in the beginning, their relationship starts to get annoying and its hard to watch their scenes. The antagonists were also pretty lame with their dumb tricks and attempts to bring harm to the main couple and their reputation. I was not impressed, but it was fun to watch for the very limited cute scenes.
Kuan Kammathep
Dec 12, 2015
What's unique about this lakorn is that the guy is forced to marry the girl in order to pay off his family debt and save his family's honor. It's usually the other way around. The supporting characters are great. The Cupid Gang makes a really cute team, especially with how they hang out and take care of Kat like good friends. I also liked how there weren't any cat fights and annoying, read more screaming girls who chase after the main guy. King, the only girl clinging to him, isn't even evil like how you typically see in lakorns.

I couldn't stand how Kat is childish and speaks like she is 7 years old for most of the drama. It's mainly due to her character arc to show that she becomes a mature woman by the end. However, it's hard to look past. Also, the plot in the beginning is a bit slow, since the main couple doesn't interact that much. Things start to get more interesting once the couple is forced to deal with each other. Overall, the lakorn was pretty decent, especially if you were looking for something a bit different to watch within the forced marriage trope.
Shia Wa Se
Jun 1, 2016
This drama is seriously underrated, most likely because it doesn't have any big names in the cast. I'm so glad I gave it a try. Shia Wa Se is a heartwarming family drama that is sweet, funny, and well paced. The writer loves to throw you off and many scenes were unpredictable. It's a light drama that's refreshingly different. Definitely worth a try!
Wu Dang
Aug 10, 2012
The main reason to see this is because of the cinematography. There are some really amazing visuals and beautiful scenic shots. The movie has a ridiculous amount of fight scenes, clearly because its geared toward an audience filled with action movie fanatics. Some of the fight scenes were pretty cool while others were average. Again, it has to do with the cinematography and fighting choreography. The story line was simply, but good, read more mainly so the audience could focus on other aspects of the movie.

2 minutes ago